UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Rozenstruik

jj has a good track record against black belt bjj fighters. And its not like Erin has beaten fighters that Jj could not beat. I think if jj neutralizes Erins grappling like she did Robertson, the fight turns into a pick em. I saw Alpar landing on Erin in that first round, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that Jj jabs her way to a boring low activity decision. At the end both girls are decision machines, and technically JJ is the more proven point fighter with more high level wins under the ufc banner. She lost credit with the Mazo loss, but Erin isn’t that tall and lengthy to pose those annoying challenges to Jj.

I wouldn't compare Robertson to Erin, Robertson has good BJJ but it's quite scrambly and she doesn't really have the takedowns, where Erin has great takedowns and a suffocating top style of grappling, they're very different.

If you play Movsar play the decision line. -150 is pretty damn good and Ige is one of the most durable guys in the division. If Kattar, Emmett, and Zombie couldn't finish him I doubt Movsar who has no finishes in 5 UFC fights will.

I wouldn't compare Robertson to Erin, Robertson has good BJJ but it's quite scrambly and she doesn't really have the takedowns, where Erin has great takedowns and a suffocating top style of grappling, they're very different.
I think this is suspect. I think she has solid takedowns, 'great' should be reserved for Khabib and a few others. She hasn't really dominated a legit grappler yet. Maverick is a decent wrestler but not a high level black belt scrambler. JJ despite being a brown belt, has shown that she gets up with ease in the two times she was taken down. If JJ avoids the long top ctrl time , the fight becomes even, and Erin begins to get discourage. Up until this point Erin has only ctrl the lower tier fighters, this will be a make or break for her if she is legit a grappler, so far she is untested.

I think this is suspect. I think she has solid takedowns, 'great' should be reserved for Khabib and a few others. She hasn't really dominated a legit grappler yet. Maverick is a decent wrestler but not a high level black belt scrambler. JJ despite being a brown belt, has shown that she gets up with ease in the two times she was taken down. If JJ avoids the long top ctrl time , the fight becomes even, and Erin begins to get discourage. Up until this point Erin has only ctrl the lower tier fighters, this will be a make or break for her if she is legit a grappler, so far she is untested.

She absolutely dominated Pearl Gonzalez before she got to the UFC also and I'd call Pearl a reasonable grappler.

She absolutely dominated Pearl Gonzalez before she got to the UFC also and I'd call Pearl a reasonable grappler.
You're referring to Maverick? you consider Pearl as good as Casey , Demopoulus , Viana, Robertson?

Im not saying JJ has this in the bag, but the odds here are just plane wrong, this cant be a one sided fight. Erin is a decision machine, her odds have you believe she is out here tapping girls out like Rickson Gracie or something. JJ is coming off lots of higher intense ufc training camps. And Erin was out grappled by Tracy so not like she cant lose, she's pretty human in terms of skill set. Not that Tracy isn't a good fighter but clearly Erin is not a good enough striker to diverse a fight, she has grappling mostly and that's all , JJ has more tools here, I think the fight is closer than the odds suggest.

You're referring to Maverick? you consider Pearl as good as Casey , Demopoulus , Viana, Robertson?

Im not saying JJ has this in the bag, but the odds here are just plane wrong, this cant be a one sided fight. Erin is a decision machine, her odds have you believe she is out here tapping girls out like Rickson Gracie or something. JJ is coming off lots of higher intense ufc training camps. And Erin was out grappled by Tracy so not like she cant lose, she's pretty human in terms of skill set. Not that Tracy isn't a good fighter but clearly Erin is not a good enough striker to diverse a fight, she has grappling mostly and that's all , JJ has more tools here, I think the fight is closer than the odds suggest.

Sorry I'm confusing my Invicta girls, I was thinking of the Brogan fight.

Erin has power in her kicks, maybe not the overall finesse yet though. I also disagreed with the Cortez decision at the time.

Idk, I'm pretty confident in an Erin victory, not enough to play her at those odds, but I wouldn't personally touch JJ in this one.

Not sure why people have bet botelho down to evens. Guess they’re depending on Silva gassing, even though botelhos cardio isn’t good

I see botelho on her back for the majority of the fight. Robertson got her down multiple times and botelho never came close to getting back up. Robertson did whatever she wanted and nearly finished her.

Last edited:

I would bet the house on Maverick defeating Casey, Vanessa and Vianna. I think she'd 30-27 Vanessa and Vianna + submit Casey in the second. She already beat Robertson pretty clearly though I guess she lost the second round?
The thing is Erin is only 22 years old and absolutely dominating girls like Maverick. We have to assume she only gets better fight by fight. I dont blame anyone taking JJ at these odds since we aren't talking about a girl on the level of lets say Valentina yet. I'd be pretty damn surprised if JJ pulled it off though.

If you play Movsar play the decision line. -150 is pretty damn good and Ige is one of the most durable guys in the division. If Kattar, Emmett, and Zombie couldn't finish him I doubt Movsar who has no finishes in 5 UFC fights will.
If you're playing Movsar at -400 here just stop betting on MMA. Truly one of the squarest lines I've ever seen.

If you're playing Movsar at -400 here just stop betting on MMA. Truly one of the squarest lines I've ever seen.
It is an awful line lmao. Def taking a small stab at Ige. All the casuals inflating the line seeing him as an undefeated Russian. He's a good fighter, but had some difficulties with old man Lentz lmao.

Any grapplers here think he stands a chance against Damon?

decent creds
* DIV 2 Collegiate Wrestler
* Midland Invitational Competitor
* Wrestling Illinois State Place Winner

Damon's
NAIA All American- assuming this is wrestling and not baseball.

Last edited:

decent creds

Damon's

He's really fighting an uphill battle in this spot. Fighting a larger, tenacious grappler on short Notice in his debut. The jawaiin is a fairly competent grappler and he got handled

he's too small moving up a weight class
He's really fighting an uphill battle in this spot. Fighting a larger, tenacious grappler on short Notice in his debut. The jawaiin is a fairly competent grappler and he got handled
upon further inspection i saw he lost on Tuf to a less experience fighter. i'm out of that one. i was mostly researching for draft kings fantasy sport, i think Damon will be the top 9k salary fighter.

decent creds

Damon's

I certainly think the odds are too wide but the matchup doesn't look good for his style. He's outsized and if he takes a shot with his elbows out Jackson will grab onto a guillotine. He also looked to have sloppy hips on top which is one of Jacksons strengths.

decent creds

Damon's

I doubt it, I'm a fan of Argueta but this is a fight just to get into the UFC and then to go and fight at BW rather than one I think they expect to win. A big hallmark of the fights I've seen him in is that he bullies guys physically and I doubt that will happen at 145.

Back