UFC 233 looking to be an amazing first PPV for 2019

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Two former teammates in T-wood vs Chaos fighting for the WW belt. They have been beefing over two whole years. Its been cringeworthy as all hell but both fighters are legitimate studs in their divisions. Glad to see them finally compete.

The youngest American to win an Olympic medal and the man to dethrone Mighty Mouse will defend his belt against Killashaw in a champ vs champ match (I know a lot of you look past cejudo but remember he beat DJ in a very close fight, that makes him an amazing talent worthy of fighting dillashaw). Pure fire here.

One of the best fighters outside the UFC for almost a decade The Funky one is finally lacing up the Reebok gloves to face one of the favourite JBG sons in Ruthless Robbie Lawler

The Bantamweight GOAT Dominick Cruz is back from his own exile to face heavy handed and always dangerous John Lineker. WAR CRUZ

Card looks amazing and barring any injuries should be an awesome ppv to start with ESPN
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Thanks you pink goof
<31>

Yup good shit except for Henry vs Dillashaw. There is no reason for that fight. Dillashaw should fight Cruz.

barring any injuries should be an awesome ppv
giphy.gif

This is the UFC, there will be injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we're left with Colby headlining and Lineker v. a prospect in the co-main.

Last edited:
Damn, if all those fights happen that’s a great card

Cruz vs Lineker is not a good fight which is why Cruz accepted it.

He ducked Moraes, Jimmi and Assuncao for Lineker. Theres a reason why.

Cruz will easily UD 30-27

Woodley vs Colby will be a snooze fest as well. Lawler vs Askren could be intriguing BUT my guess is Ben spends all 15 mins wrestling and Lawler spends it defending.

3/4 fights have a high chance in being absolutely boring.

I dont understand what the PPV has to do with ESPN? Unless your saying the prelims might be on there.

I dont know if prelims air on big espn or espn+ for ppvs. @FrankieNYC, would you know?

Woodley vs Colby will be a snooze fest as well. Lawler vs Askren could be intriguing BUT my guess is Ben spends all 15 mins wrestling and Lawler spends it defending.

Why even be a fan at this point SMh
<{hfved}>

Cruz got injured by breaking his arm when he was scheduled against Jimmie. Also I think Dillashaw ducked Moraes first you know the champion who actually has a clear cut contender. Assuncao ducked Moraes reportedly Moraes wanted this fight before he went to Cruz (I reckon Cruz had already been given the lineker fight) , don’t know why you have Cruz a guy who isn’t the champion as the guy ducking. Smh

I dont understand what the PPV has to do with ESPN? Unless your saying the prelims might be on there.

I dont know if prelims air on big espn or espn+ for ppvs. @FrankieNYC, would you know?

The prelims are on ESPN for PPV (or are supposed to)

I don't get the thread connection regarding the PPV & ESPN either

It’s on EPSn ppv broadcast channel that’s why

Last edited:
Why even be a fan at this point SMh
<{hfved}>

Cruz got injured by breaking his arm when he was scheduled against Jimmie. Also I think Dillashaw ducked Moraes first you know the champion who actually has a clear cut contender. Assuncao ducked Moraes reportedly Moraes wanted this fight before he went to Cruz (I reckon Cruz had already been given the lineker fight) , don’t know why you have Cruz a guy who isn’t the champion as the guy ducking. Smh

TJ is fighting for a 2nd belt against someone who isnt ducking him. He also fought Cody 2x after he clowned Cruz. TJ is hardly a ducker.

And if you think this card is stacked and wont be boring then idk what to tell you.

Mark my words, ESPN will be the downfall. Maybe not now, but it'll happen. Not saying the UFC won't get more popular....but that will be it's demise for any real fan. I give it 2 years.

I agree that Cruz vs Lineker suck but because Lineker throws t-rex haymakers and Cruz is happy to pointfight and dance like an idiot.

But as an MMA fan I think the technical display that night will be awesome... You can hate Askren but the way he grapples is very fun to watch even if he does not finish fights all the time. It will be intriguing to see how Robbie deals with that (I think he starches Askren).

Also it is going to be interesting to see how Woodley responds against Colby chainwrestling and who gets to impose their gameplan here.

And man.. TJ is just amazing to watch. So dynamic.

Just because there are not all going to be violent KOs does not mean it is not interesting to educated fans.

I see Colby getting his face boxed off. I think woodley is sneakily becoming one of the best strikers in mma today.

So it’s not like showtime boxing PPV?

No
Its just another platform where you can purchase UFC PPV's

The connection that helps UFC is ESPN will promote the PPV on the station & add that it can be bought through ESPN-PPV

Mark my words, ESPN will be the downfall. Maybe not now, but it'll happen. Not saying the UFC won't get more popular....but that will be it's demise for any real fan. I give it 2 years.
Yeah the UFC is pretty much dead man mark my worddssss

No
Its just another platform where you can purchase UFC PPV's

The connection that helps UFC is ESPN will promote the PPV on the station & add that it can be bought through ESPN-PPV
Ah thanks for that clarification, i assumes it was like the Mayweather showtime distribution deal

Back