UFC 233 looking to be an amazing first PPV for 2019

"ducking". you're fucking retarded

TJ beat the guy twice that embarrassed and shelved Cruz for 2 years and now hes finally fighting a flyweight champ that wont duck him.
TJ will fight Moraes next year. I guarantee it.

First off, the hypocrisy on this board is stunning. When it came time to discuss MM and his legacy it was he never fought anyone good and his division was fighters that couldn't cut it at bantamweight and nobodies. Now suddenly beating Henry Cejudo and winning a belt for a division that doesn't exist otherwise anymore is TJ taking the bigger challenge. Its crazy the phonies I see pumping this fight like it means something who in the past have had nothing but hate for 125.

If the choices are Henry Cejudo, Marlon Moraes, or Dom, Henry is clearly the easiest of the opponents and the least accomplished. It is a division that TJ has never ever fought in and one that will cease to exist when the fight is over. He is the champion of 135 and in 2 reigns he has only defended his title against the former champs who he already beat pretty dominantly, Dom who he lost to and Chris Cariasco. TJ does not have the popularity and earning potential of Conor. The previous accomplishment at his new weight class like DC, who also fought and defeated all the current challengers at lhw before going up. Nor the dominance and longevity of GSP. The hype for this fight is all wolf tickets made worse by the division folding even before the fight happens.

TJ could be fighting the guy that he has been telling everyone he beat for years, who is also recognized as the greatest Bantamweight of all time. But he declined. That’s a duck. He could be defending against Marlon Moraes who was world champion and has earned the number 1 contender spot but he is not. That’s a duck. Instead he has chosen to starve himself to go fight a smaller fight in a division he never fought in.

ya the fight made a lot more sense when it was DJ vs TJ

Exactly. No disrespect but Henry who? How many times has he defended the title... oh jeah the division is going bye bye. There is zero reason for this fight.

Cruz is coming off an embarrassing loss and long layoff. He doesn't deserve it and not a good time for that rematch.

Cruz is still the last guy to defeat Dillashaw and no the lost to Garbrand was not embarrassing. It went to decision and cruz made some big mistakes in that fight. What point is there for Dillashaw to fight Henry? So he can pretend to be a champion in two different weightclasses? The other weight class being scrapped after that and having a champion who has zero defences in it. If it would have been MM I would have been interested.

Cruz is still the last guy to defeat Dillashaw and no the lost to Garbrand was not embarrassing. It went to decision and cruz made some big mistakes in that fight. What point is there for Dillashaw to fight Henry? So he can pretend to be a champion in two different weightclasses? The other weight class being scrapped after that and having a champion who has zero defences in it. If it would have been MM I would have been interested.

Dodson beat Dillashaw as well, doesn't mean he should get a title shot either. Cruz needs to win a fight. He hasnt won a fight for 2 and a half years. Makes no sense to give him a title shot now.

Cejudo just beat MM, one of the greatest fighters of all time. He has way more momentum than Cruz.

Mark my words, ESPN will be the downfall. Maybe not now, but it'll happen. Not saying the UFC won't get more popular....but that will be it's demise for any real fan. I give it 2 years.

Why would you think that. UFC still holds control over the product. Any changes I think would happen regardless of media outlet.

I'd say the demise for any real fan might be UFC now getting 70% of the cut of PPV. Now a shit card that does 150K they can make an extra 2 million or so(maybe even more). A lot less incentive to cut down on PPV's. Especially that now they keep all revenue from other PPV streams also. It also won't shock me that part of this deal included a guaranteed number of PPV's yearly and multi year guarantee with it, meaning PPV maybe around like we know it for an extended length of time. I thought we were getting close to moving PPV to Fightpass or massively cutting down on the amount of PPV's and stack the shit out of them.

It also won't shock me that part of this deal included a guaranteed number of PPV's yearly and multi year guarantee with it, meaning PPV maybe around like we know it for an extended length of time. I thought we were getting close to moving PPV to Fightpass or massively cutting down on the amount of PPV's and stack the shit out of them.

100% it does

But there was no thought of moving things to FP
not with ESPN throwing money at them

First off, the hypocrisy on this board is stunning. When it came time to discuss MM and his legacy it was he never fought anyone good and his division was fighters that couldn't cut it at bantamweight and nobodies. Now suddenly beating Henry Cejudo and winning a belt for a division that doesn't exist otherwise anymore is TJ taking the bigger challenge. Its crazy the phonies I see pumping this fight like it means something who in the past have had nothing but hate for 125.

If the choices are Henry Cejudo, Marlon Moraes, or Dom, Henry is clearly the easiest of the opponents and the least accomplished. It is a division that TJ has never ever fought in and one that will cease to exist when the fight is over. He is the champion of 135 and in 2 reigns he has only defended his title against the former champs who he already beat pretty dominantly, Dom who he lost to and Chris Cariasco. TJ does not have the popularity and earning potential of Conor. The previous accomplishment at his new weight class like DC, who also fought and defeated all the current challengers at lhw before going up. Nor the dominance and longevity of GSP. The hype for this fight is all wolf tickets made worse by the division folding even before the fight happens.

TJ could be fighting the guy that he has been telling everyone he beat for years, who is also recognized as the greatest Bantamweight of all time. But he declined. That’s a duck. He could be defending against Marlon Moraes who was world champion and has earned the number 1 contender spot but he is not. That’s a duck. Instead he has chosen to starve himself to go fight a smaller fight in a division he never fought in.
yes the division is weak, but he would still be double champ. also reminder he wanted to fight MM for ages, but he ducked so hard he went to fight in the other side of the world. not dillashaw's fault. and cejudo is as tough as they come, also he will be draining himself to 125. if (when) he beats cejudo, yes it will be quite a feat. for example, way bigger than GSP beating mediocre bisping. cejudo beat arguably the best fighter in the world in his prime

also he will go back and beat all these guys, moraes cruz and so on. when he beat those too, what will be your excuse? also not sure where chris cariaso comes in all of this. also never talked about popularity and earning potential, also couldn't care less. and the difference is, 135 is infinitely more challenging then 205. 205 is a terrible division

Dodson beat Dillashaw as well, doesn't mean he should get a title shot either. Cruz needs to win a fight. He hasnt won a fight for 2 and a half years. Makes no sense to give him a title shot now.

Cejudo just beat MM, one of the greatest fighters of all time. He has way more momentum than Cruz.

Really Dodson in TUF you are gonna go that far it was 7 years ago? Cruz has like 13 wins in a row before he lost to Garbrand. One of those wins is over Dillashaw. You are comparing him to Dodson? About Cejudo he has zero momentum he won a close decision by lay and prey. He won a fighter who demolished him in the first fight in a division that is now dead. Nobody cares about that division or Henry sorry to say. Henry has zero defences in that division. Dillashaw is taking this fight because Henry has ZERO chance of beating him and because he wants to call himself double champ. Most of the MMA world could not give two shits about this fight.

This is really stupid to have TJ going down to 125 for a dead belt. 125 is finished. If he wins he wins nothing if he loses we get the second fight right away for the 135 ........ no reason to have it at 125 ........ I can see 135 to give the current n last 125 champ a chance to win the 135 belt. At 125 is beyond dumb

Really Dodson in TUF you are gonna go that far it was 7 years ago? Cruz has like 13 wins in a row before he lost to Garbrand. One of those wins is over Dillashaw. You are comparing him to Dodson? About Cejudo he has zero momentum he won a close decision by lay and prey. He won a fighter who demolished him in the first fight in a division that is now dead. Nobody cares about that division or Henry sorry to say. Henry has zero defences in that division. Dillashaw is taking this fight because Henry has ZERO chance of beating him and because he wants to call himself double champ. Most of the MMA world could not give two shits about this fight.

2 and a half years. That's the last time Cruz won a fight. He in no way shape or form deserves a shot over Moraes, Assuncao, or Cejudo and it wouldn't even be interesting because he has zero momentum and hasnt shown he is back to form.

Lol and you just said Dillashaw vs. DJ was a good fight in your last post, now you're trying to say beating DJ by decision isn't impressive? GTFO. Cejudo beating DJ shows he is as good as or better than DJ so it makes a fight with Dillashaw just as competitive. In fact it's more interesting because Cejudo is a better wrestler and won't get laid on.

This is really stupid to have TJ going down to 125 for a dead belt. 125 is finished. If he wins he wins nothing if he loses we get the second fight right away for the 135 ........ no reason to have it at 125 ........ I can see 135 to give the current n last 125 champ a chance to win the 135 belt. At 125 is beyond dumb

I agree with you.

Dillashaw is just letting his ego push him. I hope this backfires bigtime and he loses. Either he's not making 125.0, or he makes the weight and loses the fight. I'm hoping for the latter, just so everyone will realize TJ never could have beaten MM at 125.

You guys are massively underestimating Cejudo here. You're giving Moraes props for barely scraping by Dodson, a former flyweight who DJ dominated in their last fight. Cejudo not only hung with DJ but beat him. He is not at all an easy opponent and Dillashaw will have his hands full.

I agree with you.

Dillashaw is just letting his ego push him. I hope this backfires bigtime and he loses. Either he's not making 125.0, or he makes the weight and loses the fight. I'm hoping for the latter, just so everyone will realize TJ never could have beaten MM at 125.
I want him to win so we don't get an inmeadiate rematch.

“Most well rounded fighter on the planet”?

That is Proper 12 Talk!

2 and a half years. That's the last time Cruz won a fight. He in no way shape or form deserves a shot over Moraes, Assuncao, or Cejudo and it wouldn't even be interesting because he has zero momentum and hasnt shown he is back to form.

Lol and you just said Dillashaw vs. DJ was a good fight in your last post, now you're trying to say beating DJ by decision isn't impressive? GTFO. Cejudo beating DJ shows he is as good as or better than DJ so it makes a fight with Dillashaw just as competitive. In fact it's more interesting because Cejudo is a better wrestler and won't get laid on.

Oh sorry I should have just seen that you hang on Cejudos balls so firmly that you fail to see logic. Cruz is 10 times bigger name that Cejudo will ever be. That is the fight Dillashaw should have taken to get a big pay day and not to have to go a freakish cut. Oh jeah and Cejudo has accomplished nothing. Winning a title by lay and pray in a dead division. Give me a break. Nobody cares about that division NOBODY. That is why UFC is killing it.

yes the division is weak, but he would still be double champ. also reminder he wanted to fight MM for ages, but he ducked so hard he went to fight in the other side of the world. not dillashaw's fault. and cejudo is as tough as they come, also he will be draining himself to 125. if (when) he beats cejudo, yes it will be quite a feat. for example, way bigger than GSP beating mediocre bisping. cejudo beat arguably the best fighter in the world in his prime

also he will go back and beat all these guys, moraes cruz and so on. when he beat those too, what will be your excuse? also not sure where chris cariaso comes in all of this. also never talked about popularity and earning potential, also couldn't care less. and the difference is, 135 is infinitely more challenging then 205. 205 is a terrible division

Can you explain to me why Tyler Jeffery wanting to fight someone means anything? A fighters desire to fight someone has no bearing whatsoever on whether he has earned that opportunity. Mouse asked him to win one fight at 125 to make sure he could make the cut, that’s not a duck. Think it’s actually pretty gracious to give him a shot under those circumstances.

If TJ beats the best in his division I will give him his due. I don’t give him his due because he hasn’t earned it yet. Good fighter, could be an all time great, but he has to do it first. I am not making him the GOAT off a 2 defense title reign first time around and nothing much yet on this one.

I agree completely that 135 is a deeper division. All the more reason he should be defending against it and not fucking around in a division he has never been in and is folding.

Can you explain to me why Tyler Jeffery wanting to fight someone means anything? A fighters desire to fight someone has no bearing whatsoever on whether he has earned that opportunity. Mouse asked him to win one fight at 125 to make sure he could make the cut, that’s not a duck. Think it’s actually pretty gracious to give him a shot under those circumstances.

If TJ beats the best in his division I will give him his due. I don’t give him his due because he hasn’t earned it yet. Good fighter, could be an all time great, but he has to do it first. I am not making him the GOAT off a 2 defense title reign first time around and nothing much yet on this one.

I agree completely that 135 is a deeper division. All the more reason he should be defending against it and not fucking around in a division he has never been in and is folding.
"gracious". if it were a division full of contenders, maybe I would think in agreeing with you. he's not a big 135er. if he doesn't make 125 then you can quote this post and shit on me, but if there's a guy that's completely professional and probably the most professional guy in the sport right now is dillashaw and I think I can say that yes I trust him to make weight

also we could make the argument that he never lost to cruz, so he could have been on a 7 title defense streak and would be talked as one of the GOATs by now. but things will come with time. cejudo, then moraes, cruz, rivera and whoever

Back