UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

Hardkore

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score

According to this Terez Owens, reports are UFC 224 did about 85K PPV Buys. The lowest sold within the last 10 years. I knew it wasn't going to sell well, but 85k is shockingly low.

I don't understand why the UFC has thjs urgent need to headline WMMA and Flyweights all the time, the main stream viewers and even the hardcore fans just aren't that interested.

It would’ve sold around 300k if they managed to keep Covington vs RDA as the headliner and marketed correctly.

I was thinking 100-125k just from the UFC brand name itself guess not.

I like wmma but that main event was weak. I’m not surprised at these numbers.

giphy.gif

I can't believe 85k people paid to watch that.

I was thinking 100-125k just from the UFC brand name itself guess not.

No one on the card really captured the fans' imagination. Once upon a time a Vitor Belfort vs Lyoto Machida fighr was something people would be clamoring to see, but those days are long gone and the rest of the card there isn't anyone with name value.

this isn't a reliable source, last time it reported some bullshit like 120k for UFC 222 and a few days later actual reports came out that UFC 222 sold almost 300k

this is the same gossip site that saw a post in The Underground and reported it saying "according to my very credible source.."

i would wait for Meltzer numbers..

Goes to show why wmma sucks and should not headline a f pay per view

I can't believe 85k people paid to watch that.

To be fair, judging it as a fight fan it was a decent card as it had some good fights. But no way would I have paid $65.00 for it, or spend money at the bar watching it.

Not surprised. In fact I'm glad they're being hit where it hurts. Hopefully they'll change their absolute shit formula up.

this isn't a reliable source, last time it reported some bullshit like 120k for UFC 222 and a few days later actual reports came out that UFC 222 sold almost 300k

this is the same gossip site that saw a post in The Underground and reported it saying "according to my very credible source.."

i would wait for Meltzer numbers..

Meltzer is the gold standard, but I have a feeling it's going to be most likely true and accurate.

They build fights around PPV cards instead of building PPV cards around fights.

Back