UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

NO_WMMA.jpg

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN​
I say unless you're cyborg or ronda rousey, but them on the prelims. That said, I still like watching some women fights. I also wonder if the ufc will ever create a separate promote for wmma. Put that shit on c-span or something

A professional who missed weight by 8 lbs and a girl who’s record is 3-4 on a 65$ PPV. And the main event was a 10-1 favorite.

You’re a dumb ass.
I would also add that Nunes comes across as a pissed off bitch to everyone except her lesbian friends. She was after she beat Rousey and still is. After her last fight (at UFC 215) which some fans thought was boring she basically said she fights for herself and nobody else. Perhaps she should remember that we pay her wages. I don't hate WMMA at all or even the lesbians (I have a couple lesbians in my family), but I do dislike the fighters that seem to have a real chip on their shoulder toward the fans and nearly everyone else that isn't part of their team or social circle.

Jesus fuck this post is ignorant. Nunes has finished 14 of her 16 wins; 11 by knockout. I don't particularly like WMMA but get a fucking clue. She's the best finisher aside from Cyborg.
Show me the gifs of the knockouts then so I can see my ignorance. She has had one fight ruled a KO outside the ufc. Show me any gif where she looks deadly or powerful, or something that if you put a male body over that gif that it would impress. Typically she stacks a bunch of punches and the other fighter basically gives. Very different from male MMA fighters. Even other wmma fighters show signs of power or skill.

I think most male fighters have outsold female fighters though, as limited as our sample is. Rousey was the huge exception to the rule there.

cyborg v holm did 380k, 3rd best 2017
cyborg v kunitskya did 260k
holm v derandemie did 200k

all better than holloway v pettis, aldo v holloway 1, romero v whittaker, ferguson v lee, and romero v rockhold.
the cyborg fights also beat aldo v holloway 2

Even if the 85k number for nunes v pennington turns out to be accurate its not real. it's just an educated guess by someone trying to get attention. someone recently put out a number before a ppv had even happened and people still bought it hook, line and sinker.

Even if the 85k number for nunes v pennington turns out to be accurate its not real. it's just an educated guess by someone trying to get attention. someone recently put out a number before a ppv had even happened and people still bought it hook, line and sinker.

<Huh2>

@Hardkore @MastiffMike

Meltzer:
There are no estimates at press time for the PPV. The show wasn’t expected to do well. While UFC 224 was the Internet’s second most searched term for the day, behind only Mother’s Day, the searches were 200,000. That figure would usually indicate a PPV number of less than 150,000, and it could be far less. Being the third lowest prelims ever is also not a good sign for PPV. Nunes vs. Shevchenko barely topped 100,000 and this show, with free MMA and boxing competition, and with a contender who shouldn’t have been as strong, had no reason to do any numbers significantly different.

-

So while the number (85k) could certainly be somewhat near the truth (I predicted under 100k), there are no numbers yet

I'd expect the early estimates next Thursday, but they won't be good

Show me the gifs of the knockouts then so I can see my ignorance. She has had one fight ruled a KO outside the ufc. Show me any gif where she looks deadly or powerful, or something that if you put a male body over that gif that it would impress. Typically she stacks a bunch of punches and the other fighter basically gives. Very different from male MMA fighters. Even other wmma fighters show signs of power or skill.
Nunes is one of the ONLY females who fights like a man. She is the worst example you could have picked to make this point.

mUAN1c9.gif

Last edited:
cyborg v holm did 380k, 3rd best 2017
cyborg v kunitskya did 260k
holm v derandemie did 200k

all better than holloway v pettis, aldo v holloway 1, romero v whittaker, ferguson v lee, and romero v rockhold.
the cyborg fights also beat aldo v holloway 2

But again, you can find probably dozens that have done higher than the three you've named. The sample size is awful, but WMMA had one big seller and she's long gone.

I can't believe 85k people paid to watch that.
I'm still amazed that every single card gets +80K buyers.
Seems like the PPV market is (as far as I know) pretty much only a big thing in the US.
I would expect most people buy a few cards per year, and then only want to focus on the biggest fights.
So I'm always wondering who these tens of thousands of people that buy middle of the road cards actually are.

Nunes is one of the ONLY females who fights like a man. She is the worst example you could have picked to make this point.

mUAN1c9.gif

Thanks for providing evidence. I watched the last two gifs before posting actually, the Budd KO was outside the UFC.

Rouset tko was basically like mayweather taking out conor imo. So like a man fighter you are right, but its a result of mentally checking out and the opponent laying on the shots.

The last gif is what really caused me to dismiss her as super dangerous in finishing. She lands two hooks on the button and the way the opponent took a knee was like she quit rather than an actual knockdown.

It's why nobody posts the rousey nunes gif because she didn't even get floored. Basically fight was stop with Rousey standing.

I could post countless Rumble, Silva, belfort, nelson, conor, hendo or nameless male fighter gifs. Those are clean finishes and they are dangerous because of that. Nunes just can't have a badass gif like that, even though she finishes and beats big names

Back