UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

what do they expect? they stacked all the fights people want to see on 225 and 226 and left nothing for this card.

One of the best female athletes in the sport, which put her around mid level bellator can when you convert WMMA to MMA.
You can apply my post to males as well. I don't like degrading world champions. I think it's harmful to the sport and keeps it from growing. These are the best of the best. They should be revered, not mocked. How do we expect to create stars if we constantly bury the best with negativity?

You can apply my post to males as well. I don't like degrading world champions. I think it's harmful to the sport and keeps it from growing. These are the best of the best. They should be revered, not mocked. How do we expect to create stars if we constantly bury the best with negativity?

but if she can't beat say Cody Mckenzie, is she really the best?

Dave Metgzer is the authority on PPV buys. I think it normally takes 2 weeks or so for numbers to all come in (not sure, maybe it's a little quicker?)

As for Sherdog authority on PPV buys, that'd be @FrankieNYC

Any other poster is full of shit and is not to be believed (including me).

I would not agree with the last sentence at all. Lot of good posters (on here)

But as I mentioned the source for these numbers is FoS
He also reported the NBC/ESPN/UFC deal & split rosters (0-3)

No concrete numbers come in Wed morning after a PPV

Meltzer might get very early estimates some Wed eve (his newsletter comes out Wed eve/Thurs morn) though

What happens is different providers report numbers at different times
DTV does it by Tue/Wed afterwards, but most others go by their accounting & release numbers a certain time-frame or day of the month
Once enough of a confirmed % comes in, Meltzer will give the early estimate

As proven by MayMac reports this is how it goes (since SHO releases numbers)
1. Dave does an early estimate based on some providers - that is usually within 2 weeks but sometimes 4-5 days
2. SHO & Dave both gave updated estimates about 3-4 weeks in ***
3. Final numbers get released 2-3 months in

*** Dave's numbers were closer than SHO's in the end

giphy.gif
lol big red

As far as I know they are never officially released. Unless the UFC wants to put them out there. Meltzer seems to be pretty close most of the time though.

Any numbers Dana ever said were higher than they actually were

DMMMAJ.png

What may have contributed to only 85,000 buying UFC 224
was the combination of a women's main event and another
women's fight two fights before that when the best choice for
the main event would have been Gastelum vs Souza.
Damn if those are the real numbers then that is a record for recent years. Nunes definitely shouldn't be on a ppv again unless she's fighting Cyborg.

but if she can't beat say Cody Mckenzie, is she really the best?
You may not like WMMA, but it's here to stay. Bashing Amanda Nunes isn't going to do anything but make people even less interested in her, so what's the point? I see no benefit in doing that. Quite frankly, it's just mean.

You may not like WMMA, but it's here to stay. Bashing Amanda Nunes isn't going to do anything but make people even less interested in her, so what's the point? I see no benefit in doing that. Quite frankly, it's just mean.

If people aren't interested in WMMA UFC will get rid of it.

Not really anything to do with it being women. It's just two very unmarketable fighters headlining.

Ronda Rousey sold more than most male champions.

Now, if every WMMA champ ends up being a butch Brazilian who previously abused steriods.... yeah.....
I think most male fighters have outsold female fighters though, as limited as our sample is. Rousey was the huge exception to the rule there.

That what happen when you stack the main card with WMMA get this shit back in Invicta

If machida vs Belfort was promoted as the main event it would have done more imo

According to this Terez Owens, reports are UFC 224 did about 85K PPV Buys. The lowest sold within the last 10 years. I knew it wasn't going to sell well, but 85k is shockingly low.

I don't understand why the UFC has thjs urgent need to headline WMMA and Flyweights all the time, the main stream viewers and even the hardcore fans just aren't that interested.

I'm pretty sure Dana told Nunes she wouldn't headline a ppv during the 1st attempt at a rematch against shevy. He's regularly contradicting himself though. I think the ufc chose that one to get her out of the way for a while. It was against a non-popular challenger and on the same night as a pretty good bellator card. A bellator card that I think was better that night.

Back