UFC 218 bout order set

There’s been a lot of unranked WMMA fights getting undeserved spots on the main cards recently, but Waterson-Torres is legit. Raging Al-Felder is my sleeper pick for fight of the night, but in terms of relevance to its division it shouldn’t get higher billing than Waterson-Torres

Also, #KHbless

Hm? The PPV part is just the 5 main card fights. Only 1 SW fight.

The card as a whole does have 3 WSW fights but it's a coincidence, it's not like it happens very often, most cards have only 1 WSW fight, MAYBE 2. It's like let's say UFC 220 have 4 FLW fights, will be a coincidence and nothing more.
It honestly feels like there's 2 SW cards on every other card. I'll have to check it out later when i get the time. Probably a bit of an exaggeration on my part but there definitely feels like a sizable difference.
Even with 1 FSW fight a card, there's too many other underrepped divisions that get nothing. People bitch about the lighter weight manlet guys not being able to sell fights, but how often do we really get 125, 135, and 145 male fights on cards? Especially compared to the FSW. It's hard to care about a division when you hardly see the fighters fight.
I know way more about the FSW and FBW divisions than I do about a couple other divisions that Im actually interested in just because the females get way more exposure

I actually don't mind the Waterson /Torres fight because it makes senss as far as rankings, popularity, amd skill goes. Michelle is a vet and puts on a show.

zlGUYCZ.png

Why...

Momentum killed after Iaquinta/Felder. But I'm sure Tecia/Hottie will get lots of buys from people who weren't gonna buy anyway
giphy.gif

Great card but another event with <200k PPV buys if I had to guess.

LOL at putting boring fighter like Torres on main card. Then later people from UFC will act surprise when she puts on another boring performance.

What a time to be a semi-attractive, marginally charismatic woman in the WME era

Male or female, I don’t give a shit.

But the ufc needs to work on their pacing. Having a wmma fight on the ppv just to have one bothers me.

Put fights on ppv that people want to see.

They always forcedeed a women’s fight on every main card of any event.

Very rarely that they don’t.

Going to the event ... wish Eddie vs Gathje was the co main ... Reem probly gets 1 punched!

It's like you mother fuckers still don't understand how this works. You get exciting fights to top the bill at the prelims so people will buy the PPV, what happens once that starts is less important because you already have their money and people will generally not turn away once they've paid.
What a success that's been :/

Going to the event ... wish Eddie vs Gathje was the co main ... Reem probly gets 1 punched!
Going as well. It should at least be the 3rd ppl fight. Altho Cejudo/Pettis is likely a #1 contender fight. Gaethje/Eddie is certainly the people's main event

lol @ Tecia / Waterson getting a main card slot over

Felder / Iaquinta

Yancy / Cowboy Oliveira

David Teymur / Drakkar Klose

looking at the fights in isolation, I agree...but Karate Hottie is prob going to bring in more casuals than any of those other fights would.

Felder/Iaquinta should make a nice lead-in to the PPV too, as there is almost zero chance it goes to a decision...maybe it's a barn burner and scores a few more buys?

Still trying to figure out why idiots can't tell the difference between hating women in general and not wanting to watch them fight.

Still trying to figure out why idiots can't tell what is a good women fight due to their homo dreams.

id watch karate hottie all day long

Fancy spinning leg kick shit is always entertaining, she is already top3 best looking fighters atm, probs top1, and i have yellow fever.
You have the whole fucking internet at your disposal. Who gives a shit what a fighter looks like?
And when has she ever done anything useful with her spinning shit

So basically we get 4 fights instead of 5 considering how bad some these last cards were I was expecting them to stack the fuck out of this card it is stacked but damn we need that 5th big fight if u really wanna want fans to buy stop giving us that prelim shit

'Cringe trash talker' being one of the best lightweights in the world. Waterson just throws side kicks to the leg, then panics when someone gets in close and goes for the 'wmma' throw. Terrible. But of course people tune in to see her fight poorly, because she looks good, even though they have the whole internet at their disposal. Insane
Iaquinta isn't at my top 15 rankings of the world (not UFC's, i'm talking about world rankings), Waterson is definitely top 10, actually she is a atomweight who is fighting SWs and having sucess, she's a badass and doing that while being a mom. Iaquinta is a douche retarded who only has some fanbase because he screams some stupid lines against UFC and Dana White and probably most north american fans feel represented for him talking like that against his superior. Karate Hottie > Raging Kid

It honestly feels like there's 2 SW cards on every other card. I'll have to check it out later when i get the time. Probably a bit of an exaggeration on my part but there definitely feels like a sizable difference.
Even with 1 FSW fight a card, there's too many other underrepped divisions that get nothing. People bitch about the lighter weight manlet guys not being able to sell fights, but how often do we really get 125, 135, and 145 male fights on cards? Especially compared to the FSW. It's hard to care about a division when you hardly see the fighters fight.
I know way more about the FSW and FBW divisions than I do about a couple other divisions that Im actually interested in just because the females get way more exposure

I actually don't mind the Waterson /Torres fight because it makes senss as far as rankings, popularity, amd skill goes. Michelle is a vet and puts on a show.
Bro there's some cards without WSW fights, maybe some without WMMA fights! No way all PPV cards have 2 WSW fights. Check it. And any men division gets more fights than WSW.

DMwkyRPUIAAXmoS.jpg:large

Back