UFC 218 bout order set

Maybe it has to do with him pissing off UFC brass, and they’re not giving him the “main card” status as a result.

Lol I was kidding, being on the top of the prelims is not that bad. It's for all the casuals that may be hesitant to buy the card so they put on a fight that promises fireworks.

Lol I was kidding, being on the top of the prelims is not that bad. It's for all the casuals that may be hesitant to buy the card so they put on a fight that promises fireworks.

I get you, and I agree that Raging Al vs Felder will probably provide the fireworks that will serve as a perfect lead-in to the PPV. If UFC really wanted to punish Al, they could have stuck him on the Fight Pass card from Oceania, so a primetime bout on basic cable (meaning lots of viewers) is actually a reward of sorts. I also want to pay my hespect to the late great Mr.Rhodes and his incredible forehead.

I get you, and I agree that Raging Al vs Felder will probably provide the fireworks that will serve as a perfect lead-in to the PPV. If UFC really wanted to punish Al, they could have stuck him on the Fight Pass card from Oceania, so a primetime bout on basic cable (meaning lots of viewers) is actually a reward of sorts. I also want to pay my hespect to the late great Mr.Rhodes and his incredible forehead.

Agreed! Or not even give the guy a fight at all.

And MA MAN!

Iaquinta isn't at my top 15 rankings of the world (not UFC's, i'm talking about world rankings), Waterson is definitely top 10, actually she is a atomweight who is fighting SWs and having sucess, she's a badass and doing that while being a mom. Iaquinta is a douche retarded who only has some fanbase because he screams some stupid lines against UFC and Dana White and probably most north american fans feel represented for him talking like that against his superior. Karate Hottie > Raging Kid

Bro there's some cards without WSW fights, maybe some without WMMA fights! No way all PPV cards have 2 WSW fights. Check it. And any men division gets more fights than WSW.

DMwkyRPUIAAXmoS.jpg:large
Well you're clearly not a fight fan at all, just a feminist supporting what she does.
Do you HONESTLY prefer watching her potshotting the likes of Angela Magana, over a lightweight knockout artist, because he isn't in the world top 15 yet? You don't think his fights MIGHT have something to do with his fanbase?

Iaquinta isn't at my top 15 rankings of the world (not UFC's, i'm talking about world rankings), Waterson is definitely top 10, actually she is a atomweight who is fighting SWs and having sucess, she's a badass and doing that while being a mom. Iaquinta is a douche retarded who only has some fanbase because he screams some stupid lines against UFC and Dana White and probably most north american fans feel represented for him talking like that against his superior. Karate Hottie > Raging Kid

Bro there's some cards without WSW fights, maybe some without WMMA fights! No way all PPV cards have 2 WSW fights. Check it. And any men division gets more fights than WSW.

DMwkyRPUIAAXmoS.jpg:large
<mma4>
Fair enough
Is that a list of this year's fights?
Yeah, as i said, im sure i was exaggerating on the number of women's fights on each card. But it definitely feels like the female fights get a bigger push than a lot of the other divisions. So maybe it's not the numbers and it's more the positioning. There's been a lot of female fights in prime positions on the cards this year. And feels like a lot of female fights make it to the bigger cards
I think that's where some of the backlash is.

I tend to buy ppv's for the fights on the ppv, not because of how good the prelims were, as I understand they have no influence on the following fights.
The "casual fan" sees the main event of the free prelims and it's an exciting slugfest such as iaquinta/Felder and thinks, man I gotta order the ppv as that was a great fight.. who's the main and comain? (sometimes)

The average sherdogger finishes Al vs Felder and thinks, hopefully I can find a quality stream by the time that wmma fight is over

lol @ Tecia / Waterson getting a main card slot over

Felder / Iaquinta

Yancy / Cowboy Oliveira

David Teymur / Drakkar Klose

Prelims feature bout, but i get it, that fight should be on main card.

Male or female, I don’t give a shit.

But the ufc needs to work on their pacing. Having a wmma fight on the ppv just to have one bothers me.

Put fights on ppv that people want to see.
UFC marketig has always been and will always be this

Shove it down their throats no matter what, and constantly say its a success and everyone loves it

The MMA target audience is largely just bleed hillbillies, that is by far the most effective way to market to them

The "casual fan" sees the main event of the free prelims and it's an exciting slugfest such as iaquinta/Felder and thinks, man I gotta order the ppv as that was a great fight.. who's the main and comain? (sometimes)

The average sherdogger finishes Al vs Felder and thinks, hopefully I can find a quality stream by the time that wmma fight is over
And how many people do that exactly? Lower number than these 'average sherdoggers' who stream

There’s been a lot of unranked WMMA fights getting undeserved spots on the main cards recently, but Waterson-Torres is legit. Raging Al-Felder is my sleeper pick for fight of the night, but in terms of relevance to its division it shouldn’t get higher billing than Waterson-Torres

Also, #KHbless
Al/Felder a sleeper pick for fotn? U crazy son.

That's a pretty obvious contender

And how many people do that exactly? Lower number than these 'average sherdoggers' who stream
I'm pretty sure it's a lot higher than u think man. The casuals are the ones buying any ppv over the 350k range (I'm just throwing a number out there)

Well you're clearly not a fight fan at all, just a feminist supporting what she does.
Do you HONESTLY prefer watching her potshotting the likes of Angela Magana, over a lightweight knockout artist, because he isn't in the world top 15 yet? You don't think his fights MIGHT have something to do with his fanbase?
No, i don't, he's not that good. KH isn't fighting Magana or some scrub, she is fighting another well rounded girl with a complete game who has the skills to be champ, Raging Kid has no BJJ, he's probably putting Felder away but he's not going to top 10 anytime soon. KH could be the next WSW champion when JJ goes to WFLW.

Fair enough
Is that a list of this year's fights?
Yeah, as i said, im sure i was exaggerating on the number of women's fights on each card. But it definitely feels like the female fights get a bigger push than a lot of the other divisions. So maybe it's not the numbers and it's more the positioning. There's been a lot of female fights in prime positions on the cards this year. And feels like a lot of female fights make it to the bigger cards
I think that's where some of the backlash is.
Yes, it is. Nah, they don't, each division gets the push it should to me. They put a lot of WMMA fights at higher positions because people wanna see it, the last 2 PPVs that did more than 1 milion without Conor both had WMMA main events. Both were great fights with sick finishes. There's no backslash bruh, the only problem here is sherdog hating on women.

lol @ Tecia / Waterson getting a main card slot over

Felder / Iaquinta

Yancy / Cowboy Oliveira

David Teymur / Drakkar Klose

giphy.gif

well waterson v pvz on fox did better numbers than any card has ever done with any of the rest on

you seriously think any of the names your listed are ppv calibre fighters?

(thats not saying Waterson is but shes certainly above those six)

When PVZ vs. Eye got pulled from 216 they didn't even consider moving Lando/Green or Tavares/Leites to PPV. Instead they signed and threw together Mara Romero Borella vs. Kalindra Faria. Again they are willing to go deep to assure WMMA is on as many main cards as possible.

because they had already agreed lando/green and tavares/leites with fox and fox had run promos based on that.

thats why tehy didnt swap them in

What cracks me up is everyone moans about WME putting women on the main card, like its a WME thing, then they side with muppets like Gegard Mousasi who say that WMMA doesnt belong on main cards....

And then you look at Bellator in 2017....

Bellator 171 - Women on main card
Bellator 172 - Women on main card
Bellator 173 - Women on Main card
Bellator 174 - women headline
Bellator 176 - women co-main
Bellator 177 - women on main card
Bellator 178 - women co-main
Bellator 181 - women on main card
Bellator 182 - women on main card
bellator 185 - two womens fights on main card
Bellator 186 - women co-main
Bellator 187 - women on main card
Bellator 188 - women on main card
Bellator 189 - women headline and additional fight on main card
Bellator 190 - women on main card

Hilarious that mousasi signed with a company that has even more WMMA on main cards than the UFC does

2 headlines, 3 co-mains, and women on 95% of the main cards

looking at the fights in isolation, I agree...but Karate Hottie is prob going to bring in more casuals than any of those other fights would.

also worth noting that Waterson has a run on MTV coming up before the fight as well, shes doing the celebrity version of The Challenge.

BwqEoya.jpg

So thats a fair bit of PR she will be getting that co-incides with the run up to the fight

Sadly I know who all of the champs are but Waterson is the only "star" i recognise

because they had already agreed lando/green and tavares/leites with fox and fox had run promos based on that.

thats why tehy didnt swap them in
Tavares/Leites was on Fightpass not Fox.

And even so, Fox had bumped prelim fights up on a constant basis, espessially in cases like Vannata/Green where it wasin't the featured prelim.

<{nope}>

Y'all need to understand it's 2017, every PPV needs a WMMA fight, their sport needs space too. WMMA is growing and having good rates, gotta feed the audience with more.
I get what your saying the wwe women sell a lot has a huge fan base and brings in income like selling merchandise the wmma gotta appeal the kids like how Ronda did

Back