Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz in the Works For UFC 219

Who Wins?

• Total voters
This would be like the moment when Fonz jumped the shark for the UFC.

Dafuq? Diaz the #6 lightweight challenges the 170lb belt without any top 10 wins at WW.
this_makes_no_sense_breaking_bad.gif

How often do these rumors become reality?

pure asinine, dumb idiotic fight.

Wont Buy no matter who else is on the card.

fuck WME cause even Dana cant be this stupid.

Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie vs. Dan Severn and Kimo in a tag team cage match for the tag straps is on the undercard. Cant wait.

Leave it to Woodley? What the hell man, Woodley's last 5 fights:

Gastelum
Lawler
Wonderboy
Wonderboy
Maia

He legit always fights top guys and has defended his belt three times in less than a year against the number one contender each time, that's insane seeing the state of the UFC today. Woodley is a great champ no matter how you want to spin it around, boring or whatever he never ducks anyone. Do I like this fight? No. But let's not pretend that Woodley isn't as legit as they come.
Exactly.
Woodley talked a lot of crap about wanting money fights but he did fight the top contenders.
With no clear #1 contender I wouldn't mind him taking a money fight on 6 weeks notice.
We weren't expecting him to defend again so soon anyway, he fought a lot this year.

Maybe. Tyron has to kill him to win. Will he gas first or get it done. Tortoise and hair scenario.
It's just a nightmare matchup for Nate. Skilled wrestler with huge strength advantage. I don't think Nate has anything for him barring some kind of flukish finish. He probably gets thrown around and beaten up. Maybe finished, even though Diaz has no quit.

Dafuq? Diaz the #6 lightweight challenges the 170lb belt without any top 10 wins at WW.
this_makes_no_sense_breaking_bad.gif
and he was only 6 because they snuck him in there so they could justify conor defending the LW belt vs him....he really shouldnt even be ranked 6 lol

At least let Nick fight Woodley. He is a real 170 WW. Nate is LW

A chance for Woodley to redeem himself after those last two snoozer fights.

Fucking finally Nate Diaz gets his long deserved WW title shot.
Crazy how he had to run a gauntlet to get it.

Nowadays, you get people like Aldo and Frankie, getting undeserved shots left and right, and don't even get me started on GSP. At least the UFC finally did something right.

They have finally redeemed themselves for the whole clusterfuck they caused in the MW division.

If it actually happens, I'm out. I guess that'll give everyone a little time more with me until December 30th, but this matchup disgusts me. It'll mean my last event will be Lawler vs Dos Anjos on Fox, with Lamas and Stephens as a co-main. Could be worse.
Come on, man. At least stay at worldwide, there's a ton of good MMA happening outside of the UFC.

This basically confirms that Nate can't make LW no more

Back