Tyron Woodley on track to potentially become the WW GOAT

dislike him but u r right, imo he will beat Maia and he would ktfo this version of gsp.

He hasn't even rassled in any of his fights in idk how long
he doesnt need to...lol The guy finishes people on the feet. He has a Collegiate wrestling resume on the back burner if needed.

he doesnt need to...lol The guy finishes people on the feet. He has a Collegiate wrestling resume on the back burner if needed.
The dude from ATT who trained with him said he doesn't rassle anymore cause he doesn't have the cardio and his body is too old

So why does a long time member create this thread ?

Booze...It has to be the Demon Rum.

@Clippy

Is not impressed.

GSP has how many decisions? Most which didnt impress me at all. Woodley has finished majority of his fights and came close to the ones he didnt. Many aspects make someone great. Laying on dudes for 5 rounds in my opinion isnt a fighter I want to claim as the greatest fighter.

None of GSP's fights were as boring as Woodley's last 2 fights.

The first fight with Wonderboy was FOTN on one of the biggest UFC pay per views ever. Just because the rematch sucked doesn't mean the first fight was bad.

Not sure what fight you were watching... It was really bad. 2 fighters not pulling the trigger for 5 rounds.

GSP has more decision wins, but the total decision rate is about the same.

Woodley has 6 DW, 1DD, 2DL
GSP has 12 DW, 0DD, 0DL

45% of Woodleys fights end in decision
44% of GSP's fights end in decision.

So much for that "decision" theory lmao

all due respect most GSP fights were boring as fuck. He is def on track.

right, because Woodley's fights are always exciting and not just staring contests

plus he's 1-0-1 as a champion with a really really unconvincing second win where nothing happened for 24 minutes of the fight.

At least GSP tries to be offensive, Woodley just sits against the fence when the other person pressures. His fights against Rory, Thompson, Gastelum, Shields are amongst the most boring fights ever.

Not yet. Needs like a lot more defenses against top contenders and beat St Pierre to be considered 170 GOAT.

I disagree and i dont even like him. He has loads of legit stoppages leaving no question of who won. GSP has how many decisions?

How many stoppages does he have as a defending champ? Zero.
Hell, he can't even get an unanimous decision win, let alone 50-45 opponents like GSP did for years.
Talk to me in 5 years, if either you or Woodley are still around.

All comes down to # of title defenses for me and he has some ways to go, Hughes and GSP are way out, Tyron has one succesful title defense.

I disagree and i dont even like him. He has loads of legit stoppages leaving no question of who won. GSP has how many decisions?

GSP decisions leave no question of who won more often than not. And woodly's last 2 fights are very close decisions.

Gsp has more wins, fewer losses, way more title defenses, and has gotten back each loss

Well thats is your opinion. In all fairness I am not alone when I say GSP was a lay and pray boring fighter that never tried to finish anybody. It was horrible. The only reason I watched his fights was to see who could TRY and avoid getting taken down and maybe beat him. No such luck. We knew GSP's game plan upon buying the event dont tell me people were expecting him to knock anyone out or submit anyone. We knew it would be a boring tak down hold on tight for 5 rounds. Kind of compared to Mayweather fights, except nobody likes Floyd but they buy his PPV hoping to see the underdog figure out a way to win. Ultimately couldnt complain if it was a rinse and repeat fight

In all fairness, he finished 2nd GOAT WW Hughes twice, made former two division champ BJ Penn quit on the stool because he was getting smashed senseless, and completely wrecked Serra in the rematch. How are you even going to call GSP a "lay and pray" fighter when as the champ he controlled the octagon, he controlled the match and he took the fight to his opponent? Until pre-USADA Hendricks, no one could shut GSP down, even though they knew what he was going to do. It's not GSP's fault he was excellent at sticking to a gameplan and winning decisively. I'm not even sure you know what top control is. How many times did GSP just lay in full/half guard doing nothing?

Woodley complained and held out like a bitch until he got an undeserved title shot, cries racism to deflect and acknowledge the fact he's simply unlikeable as a result of his own conduct, and isn't a draw. He'll never be WW GOAT. Ever.

He has work to do.

Back