Tyron Woodley on track to potentially become the WW GOAT

I have no doubt he can in time. I unlike some prefer how a fighter wins as opposed to how many decision victories they have. GSP left questions in quite a few fights, even his last with Hendricks. As Woodley finished most of his leaving no question at all. I like that in a fighter. Thats my opinion.

Apart from pre-usada Hendricks GSP dominated his opposition and embarrassed them horribly.

Woodley's only win where he looked like a world beater was the Lawler win, everything else he has looked shit and indecisive.

Also, get your head out of your ass, both have around 45% decision rate with GSP having way more fights and constantly fighting top 5 guys. Woodley hasn't even come close to that and has been manhandled pretty fucking decisively in many of his fights. You're cognitive dissonance is quite embarrassing.

Maia has a good chance at beating T-Wood., so i dunno.

Ppl say this literally every time theres a new champ with a defense or two

Tyrons resume is underrated tho
Since when does a fighter NEED to be champion to start consideration for being one of the best in his weight class? His shot depends on when he gets it and we know how the politics in the fight game go. He was held back from a title fight because he wasnt a fan favorite.

They used to make these types of threads about the dude who beat Anderson Silva. They don't make those threads anymore.

Remember when Rory made him look like an amateur? I do.

Woodley is a one hit wonder.

Woodley isn't even in the top 5.

Since when does a fighter NEED to be champion to start consideration for being one of the best in his weight class? His shot depends on when he gets it and we know how the politics in the fight game go. He was held back from a title fight because he wasnt a fan favorite.

He was held back because he ducked certain fighters and fights because they weren't "good for his brand"...Which translates into "My ass was going to get kicked."

And his losses to Shields/Nate/Rory did more than enough to slow down his chances at a title shot.

He wasn't a fan favorite because he fucking failed to move the needle in his fights and he split decisioned a completely out of shape Gastelum.

Are you seriously believing your bullshit? Are you that insane?

boring, but dominant.

Woodley's have been boring, and not dominant.
I guess....3 out of Woodleys last fights were more exciting than any GSP fight lol. His fights before Thompson which was exciting, aside from the boring rematch were TKO's and KO finishes. Only 1 decision win aside from that against Gastelum. Maybe Im not that picky

Used to be you actually had to break records to be the best. Now it's just popularity and beating a select couple of opponents

0/10 for trying to troll

Barely defends his title
But WW goat?

LoL
Ok so he isnt on track to possibly become a GOAT. thats your opinion. Nobody is trolling. Your just a hater lol

He's still behind GSP & Matt Hughes as the goat of WW imo, but he is without a doubt the top WW of today neck and neck with Rory MacDonald.

TS Tyrone is 35 years old ffs

GSP has wins over multiple hall of famers and fought the best WW's during a long and storied career, and has beaten every single fighter he's ever faced.

In all fairness, Woodley's past two fights haven't exactly been barn-burners.

GSP's fights weren't boring. They were technical, and one-sided. There's a difference.
Well thats is your opinion. In all fairness I am not alone when I say GSP was a lay and pray boring fighter that never tried to finish anybody. It was horrible. The only reason I watched his fights was to see who could TRY and avoid getting taken down and maybe beat him. No such luck. We knew GSP's game plan upon buying the event dont tell me people were expecting him to knock anyone out or submit anyone. We knew it would be a boring tak down hold on tight for 5 rounds. Kind of compared to Mayweather fights, except nobody likes Floyd but they buy his PPV hoping to see the underdog figure out a way to win. Ultimately couldnt complain if it was a rinse and repeat fight

TS Tyrone is 35 years old ffs
and? He will be around a while. He has a wrestling base like Couture. Wrestlers are durable. I doubt he will slow down anytime soon some people peek later than others. He is showing no signs of decline like a Machida or a Liddell at 35

and? He will be around a while. He has a wrestling base like Couture. Wrestlers are durable. I doubt he will slow down anytime soon some people peek later than others. He is showing no signs of decline like a Machida or a Liddell at 35
He hasn't even rassled in any of his fights in idk how long

Back