Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him?

Nope. I compared situations not abilities.

What am I supposed to do, watch the fights for you? Who hasn't GSP found a way to out strike? You can't show me anything Woodley can do besides his one punch. I gave you his flurry ability.

You want to pretend Tyron has a wider range of offense on the feet?
He does.
giphy.webp

GSP uses more kicks and more types.
Tyron destroyed Condit's leg. GSP doesn´t have nearly the same kind of power. And it´s not like he´s gonna throw any spinning technique against Tyron like he did against Bisping.

Actually GSP should focus on head kicks against Woodley, that´s the only way he could finish the guy before the end of the 5th round. It might catch Woodley off guard.
giphy.gif
sdidr6.jpg

Last edited:
Nah. You giving him too much credit. I won't. His finishing rate is 36%. Win or lose, if you are a savage beast, the fight will end before a decision.

Who has Robbie Lawler fought who was next level tough enough to withstand savagery for more than 3 or 5 rounds?

Fights like Lawler vs MacDonald II end. So, if you fight like that every single time, and you are really good at it, your finish rate will be greater than 36%.

This is obvious. Lawler is not even close to 50%. So, there is an obvious discrepancy between his image versus the record. That is what we call hype.

That is UFC marketting. Based one fight, they have convinced the fans that the guy is something he is not. Look at how the Cerrone fight went. Cerrone left the cage without a mark in his face, after fighting a "scary savage" for 3 rounds. Come on, now.

Well, let's look at Tyron's record, seeing as you're making out that Lawler is some overrated fighter and Tyron some sort of underappreciated MMA master. You are ripping on Lawler's finishing rate being under 50%, but Tyron has a 45% finishing rate since joining the UFC.

Then you can also look at the fact that he's gone the distance in all three title defenses, and one of those defenses was a draw, and the other had the least amount of thrown strikes in title fight history.

By comparison, Woodley threw less strikes in all three of those fights combined (which is nearly 1.5 hours of fighting time) than Robbie Lawler did in his last title defense against Condit. And all Robbie's fights are like that: he is notorious for dragging opponents into voilent wars.

Woodley can and will do nothing if can't figure his opponent out and he's getting pressured (McDonald fight).

And Cerrone likely left the cage with mild brain damage after the Lawler fight. I honestly don't know if you are trolling - it is not opinion, it's a legitimate fact that Lawler is an aggressive fighter who's always in great fights. I don't know who you are trying to kid here.

Tyron destroyed Condit's leg. GSP doesn´t have nearly the same kind of power. And it´s not like he´s gonna throw any spinning technique against Tyron like he did against Bisping.

Actually if i were GSP I´d focus on head kicks against Woodley, that´s the only way he could finish the guy before the end of the 5th round. It might catch Woodley off guard.
giphy.gif
sdidr6.jpg

Sure, Tyron has a powerful leg kick, and I stay firm on my belief GSP has a wider range of offensive tools than Tyron Woodley, especially more kicks.

Tyron's offensive is very basic.

Tyron is no better than
Kos or Alvares on their primes. GSP decisions T Wood easy at 170. Tko at 185.

you asked when the last time GSP put a beating on somebody standing up

nice job moving the goalposts :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Little kid here got triggered has to resort to calling names.

So that single left hook on old Bisping was your best example of "put a beating on" ??? We have different opinions on what "put a beating on someone" means.

Yes. GSP is better than Wonderboy.

GSP resembles Rory far more than he resembles Wonderboy.

Never been concerned about Woodley against GSP. Woodley is predictable and his tactics play right into GSP's. He ALWAYS backs himself against the cage, which is the worst place to be with GSP.

styles...fights....what is that expression again?

Nobody thought GSP would rag doll Koscheck on the ground, yet that's what happened. Thinking GSP can't get Woodley down is naive. I'll entertain the argument... but I ain't trying to hear TS talking about "forget about that." Rory got him down... & GSP can do it too... & GSP is a master at keeping people down. It will be interesting to see.

People not named Shields, usually don't even attempt to take him down because of his creds... but that won't be the case in this matchup.

No, GSP is not gonna jab fest Woodley if that fight ever happens. And please don´t compare Woodley to Koscheck, that´s embarrassing.

First of all, there´s not gonna be any "threat of the takedown" for Woodley, forget about that. That´s his department. He was hesitant against Wonderboy because the guy is an absolute expert on the feet. But Woodley is the wrestling expert here against GSP, he won´t be afraid of any takedowns, he´s not afraid of anybody taking him down (except Maia, a bjj wizard). So NO, Woodley is not gonna get taken down, Tyron´s too strong and his wrestling is too good for out of prime post retirement GSP.

Secondly, forget about GSP being the aggressor on the feet and putting pressure on Woodley, he would get countered right away. Everybody landed punches on GSP throughout his career, even JAKE SHIELDS, and believe me, Tyron would land hard, and once GSP feels that right hand, he´s gonna be hesitant as fuck. Just look at what happened to a striking expert like Wonderboy, he didn´t land shit for 10 rounds, and as soon as he opened up a little more to attack Tyron, he almost got knocked the fuck out and finished in both fights.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

If it ever happens, I got Tyron by brutal 1st round KO.
KmiLato.gif
Styles make fights , gsp would beat him same way rory did just easier . Woodley has an awful habit of backing against the cage its what got him ko'd against nate and beat 3rds to 0 against rory .

I'm one of very few Tyron fans around here andd even I'd have to say yeah thats a good possibility. WB is a counter striker he always lets people come to him so he can set up a big counter and get a KO, when people dont bite the bait he's boring. GSP isn't the worlds most exciting guy but he still typically has to come forward or atleast dictate the pace. He's a more technical striker than Woodley I could see him landing jabs at will all night. Of course that would mean having to get in range of Woodleys power which I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.

Both are old and have 35+ y/o cardio lol I could see it going either way but I'd have to bet money on Woodley just cuz he has the power advantage. Wrestling might negate eachother so assuming the fight stays standing GSP will have to take more risks to land than Tyron will. I dont think GSP wants shit to do with Woodley tbh.

I like tyron as well. I also like GSP. I hope we get to see this fight

Saying GSP can beat Woodley better than Rory is crazy imo.

That was an incredibly one sided fight.

GSP resembles Rory far more than he resembles Wonderboy.

Never been concerned about Woodley against GSP. Woodley is predictable and his tactics play right into GSP's. He ALWAYS backs himself against the cage, which is the worst place to be with GSP.
Always? He didn´t back himself against Lawler, and look what happened. But the question is why didn´t he back himself against Lawler. IMO it´s because he didn´t fear Lawler's striking. Not the same way he feared Wonderboy´s exactly because he´s an expert on the feet. And he also feared Maia because he is a bjj wizard. But Woodley is not gonna be afraid of GSP's jabs or takedowns. He´s gonna be more aggressive and land hard.

Nobody thought GSP would rag doll Koscheck on the ground, yet that's what happened. Thinking GSP can't get Woodley down is naive. I'll entertain the argument... but I ain't trying to hear TS talking about "forget about that." Rory got him down... & GSP can do it too... & GSP is a master at keeping people down. It will be interesting to see.

People not named Shields, usually don't even attempt to take him down because of his creds... but that won't be the case in this matchup.
This.. gsp is better than woodley everywhere better cardio by 10 fold

Hey, if GSP vacated in Koschecks prime there is a good chance Josh couldve won UFC gold as well. This whole “don’t compare Woodley to Koscheck” noob shit

How about not comparing Wonderboy to GSP. They’re two completely different fighters.

Why did Woodley last 10 rounds with Wonderboy but was backing up a getting worked by Rory, yet Rory got picked apart by Wonderboy? Not so simple is it?

Back