Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him?

Is that the shields that beat woodley and lost to GSP?
Exactly.. Have people even seen how scared shitless Woodley was in his last fight from Maia trying to take him down?
GSP would ragdoll him a couple of times, then gets a jab fest to the face.
DX3olXj.gif

Plus, he will go to the body and empty woodley's gas tank.
GSP%2BPunches%2BBisping.gif

First round KO or early 2nd round TKO by T-Wood or 5 round boring gas fest

Is that the shields that beat woodley and lost to GSP?
So you too think that GSP is gonna "murder" Woodley on the feet? Cause that´s what I was answering to with that gif. Somebody who doesn´t murder Shields on the feet is not gonna "murder" Woodley, regardless if Woodley lost too. Also, completely different moments, GSP in his prime wasn´t able to finish anybody, but somehow he´s gonna murder Woodley now.

Hey, if GSP vacated in Koschecks prime there is a good chance Josh couldve won UFC gold as well. This whole “don’t compare Woodley to Koscheck” noob shit

How about not comparing Wonderboy to GSP. They’re two completely different fighters.

Why did Woodley last 10 rounds with Wonderboy but was backing up a getting worked by Rory, yet Rory got picked apart by Wonderboy? Not so simple is it?
Ya sherbros dont realize styles make fights and gsp is a better rory and woodleys bad habbit of backing against the cage would cost him like it did against nate & rory .

Little kid here got triggered has to resort to calling names.

So that single left hook on old Bisping was your best example of "put a beating on" ??? We have different opinions on what "put a beating on someone" means.
He landed about a dozen solid jabs before that, and he then pounced on Bisping with punches and elbows after he dropped him with that hook.

It wasn't Mcdonald/Lawler II, but he certainly beat him up.

He landed about a dozen solid jabs before that, and he then pounced on Bisping with punches and elbows after he dropped him with that hook.

It wasn't Mcdonald/Lawler II, but he certainly beat him up.
The gnp after he dropped him was great and he did land some good jabs, but Bisping was landing too, and imo it was pretty even on the feet imo, until that left hook landed. Great victory over Bisping, but putting a beating on the feet? Not really.

Answering to your question earlier, who made gsp look bad on the feet? Hendricks did, a guy who could defend takedowns and countered GSP everytime he tried one. But let´s not mmath here, although they´re both great werstlers with explosive power in their hand.

I just really believe that GSP is slower and way out of his prime, and if he gets close enough and tries to pressure using jabs, that´s gonna give Tyron too many opportunities to counter him. But like I said, GSP is not gonna be doing a lot of pressure, because once Tyron lands the 1st, he is gonna be cautious and hesitant. So I see Woodley being more aggresive and he won´t be afraid of takedowns imo, he´s gonna feel comfortable on the feet to let his hands go.

Why would GSP get close? He has the reach advantage and his jab covers an insane amount of distance. He'd establish the jab and stay at range.

Expect lots of this

g13.gif

ivfkllX1ohVWu.gif

gsp-jab-comp.gif

gsp_ufc100_1.gif

Why would GSP get close? He has the reach advantage and his jab covers an insane amount of distance. He'd establish the jab and stay at range.

Expect lots of this

g13.gif

ivfkllX1ohVWu.gif

gsp-jab-comp.gif

gsp_ufc100_1.gif
Prime GSP is gone, I saw a slower, sloppier version against Bisping. At this point in their career, Tyron is faster, stronger, more explosive, and can finish with one punch. What distance do you think is safe enough against Tyron? Look at the distance he can cover, are you serious? It´s fucking absurd. GSP is not gonna just stay safely away landing jabs, sorry.
Woodley-Heiron.gif

Prime GSP is gone, I saw a slower, sloppier version against Bisping. At this point in their career, Tyron is faster, stronger, more explosive, and can finish with one punch. What distance do you think is safe enough against Tyron? Look at the distance he can cover, are you serious? It´s fucking absurd. GSP is not gonna just stay safely away landing jabs, sorry.
Woodley-Heiron.gif

I see Woodley doing that blitz straight into either air, a jab as GSP pivots away--because gsp doesn't back straight up--, or a double leg from Georges.

So you too think that GSP is gonna "murder" Woodley on the feet? Cause that´s what I was answering to with that gif. Somebody who doesn´t murder Shields on the feet is not gonna "murder" Woodley, regardless if Woodley lost too. Also, completely different moments, GSP in his prime wasn´t able to finish anybody, but somehow he´s gonna murder Woodley now.

No, but I think woodley only has a punchers chance on the feet. Do you think Woodley is the better striker? He's faster with more power, but that's about it.

I see Woodley doing that blitz straight into either air, a jab as GSP pivots away--because gsp doesn't back straight up--, or a double leg from Georges.
Prime per prime maybe, but imo prime GSP is long gone, those 4 years got him slower and sloppier. Tyron is in his absolute prime right now and none of the top WW in the world right now have been able to even scratch Tyron in his last 5 or 6 fights, but GSP out of his prime and post retirement somehow will.

Yes he would. GSP would fuck up Tyron Woodley with his boxing.

Tyron has one punch, and if he doesn't land it early, he's going to get exposed. He can't grapple with GSP and he can't box with GSP.

He has one shot, landing his big punch, which he rarely does. Good luck on catching the GOAT.

Woodley fan bois don't know anything other than the Lawler KO and the Wonderboy decisions, acting like he's some massive power counter striker. LOL. He's a powerful wrestler who can't wrestle cuz he gasses, and blitz guys. That's his game. GSP will eat this predictable, slow fighter up.

Acting like GSP and Wonderboy have similar attacks is the biggest joke in OP.

Tyron landed multiple times both in the later rounds against "the best WW striker the world has ever seen" Thompson.

Also I believe GSP and Tyron stalemate each on the ground. If GSP couldn't takedown Hendricks he won't takedown Tyron.

ts compared wonderboy to gsp, lol

Always? He didn´t back himself against Lawler, and look what happened. But the question is why didn´t he back himself against Lawler. IMO it´s because he didn´t fear Lawler's striking. Not the same way he feared Wonderboy´s exactly because he´s an expert on the feet. And he also feared Maia because he is a bjj wizard. But Woodley is not gonna be afraid of GSP's jabs or takedowns. He´s gonna be more aggressive and land hard.

He backed himself against the cage against Kos, Maia, Wonderboy (both times), Rory, and Gastelum. He uses that tactic more often than not. Like you said, he's a counter puncher. It's why he does it. To try to lure people in.

It doesn't really matter if he's afraid or not. GSP's got a damaging jab at the end of the day, and a better one still than Rory (same length too). Woodley tries to counter with that same big right hand constantly. And he misses that counter more often than he lands it.

And perhaps the biggest thing going against Woodley is that Zahabi and Roach train GSP. Zahabi already made one master gameplan that worked to a T against Woodley, and Roach would only further provide technical training to shut down Woodley's right hand.

At the end of the day, Woodley's tactics are pretty consistent fight to fight, and he has a pretty straight forward game. I just don't see him bringing anything to the table GSP hasn't seen before. Unless Woodley starches GSP immediately, he'll put his back against the cage. It's his habit. And when he inevitably comes lunging in and over-committing to a giant right hand counter (which again, is another one of his most common habits), GSP will likely be looking to hit takedowns or simply back up and keep peppering him from range.

Woodley's a good fighter, but his two most notable habits on the feet are two of the worst things you can do against GSP.

well... wonderboy doesnt really jab.. GSP has one of the best jabs we have seen in mma..... hey, it can happen! o_O

Tyron landed multiple times both in the later rounds against "the best WW striker the world has ever seen" Thompson.

Also I believe GSP and Tyron stalemate each on the ground. If GSP couldn't takedown Hendricks he won't takedown Tyron.

I was referring to his finishing punches there

And yeah they may stalemate on the mat, Woodley will stall or lay and pray like he always does on the mat. And he did with Rory in the video I posted

My point is the threat of the take down will be there

No, but I think woodley only has a punchers chance on the feet. Do you think Woodley is the better striker? He's faster with more power, but that's about it.
It´s natural that hard hitters fall in love with their hands like Woodley, and people tend to say that "he only has a punchers chance" about this type of fighter. But Woodley can kick too (took Condit out with a leg kick) and he can take people down. We just haven´t seen his ground game, but the guy is good everywhere.
Tyrone+Woodley+Leg+Kicks+Carlos+Condit+UFC+171.gif

Just like everybody said

GSP strikes differently cause TDs are inferior against him

Wonderboy fought both fights to stay far far away

I was referring to his finishing punches there

And yeah they may stalemate on the mat, Woodley will stall or lay and pray like he always does on the mat. And he did with Rory in the video I posted

My point is the threat of the take down will be there

Those were potentially finishing punches as they rocked Thompson.

Wasn't GSP also a giant LnP fighter in his 2nd run as WW Champ? Other than that joke fight against Bisping, GSP hasn't been a dynamic striker since his 'Rush' days.

Woodley has very solid TDD. GSP will struggle with that like he did with Hendricks. His best option is to pressure with strikes but that could leave him open.

Woodley may have learned from the Rory fight about pressure because the last fight er to pressure Woodley ended getting KO'd (Lawler).

Last edited:
Back