Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him?

ha, that's when me and GSP fans think alike. I think I would build a GSP statue in my hometown if he gets rid of woodley for me

I'm saying GSP and Wonderboy are not similar fighters. "bigger threat" means nothing, when was the last time anyone made GSP look bad on his feet? GSP is a more complete fighter, different tactics and different strengths.

Who is a bigger threat than Wonderboy on the feet?

Your suggestion is cheap, and would be a great argument for why Rory wouldn't find any success on Woodley.

You're trying to apply MMA math to this.

GSP won't get hurt by Tyron, will landed more often and out work Tyron in every round.
And you´re talking as if GSP is still on his prime. He´s not, he´s getting slower, sloppier, more hittable. Tyron is in his prime. Nobody was able to do a thing to Tyron in his last 4 fights.

And you´re talking as if GSP is still on his prime. He´s not, he´s getting slower, sloppier, more hittable. Tyron is in his prime. Nobody was able to do a thing to Tyron in his last 4 fights.

And you're heavily over rating Tyron's capabilities.

I think a lot of people are underestimating his capabilities because some of his fights are boring.

I think you like simple answers.

This in the OP:

Secondly, forget about GSP being the aggressor on the feet and putting pressure on Woodley, he would get countered right away.

Who wasn't the aggressor vs. Tyron Woodley? When hasnt GSP been the aggressor? Tyron will happily invite GSP to go on offense.

Somehow you guys put the LAwler GIF on loop and can only see one possibility.

Yeah, maybe Tyron lands that huge punch and catches him. What if he doesn't, like which happens in most his fights? You think he's going to win exchanges with GSP? Dictate the pace? Blitz and control GSP?

What does Tyron do to win rounds from GSP?

I like Woodley a LOT but we can’t just pretend Woodley v. Rory didn’t happen

We also can't pretend that Wonderboy didn't beat Rory later & that Woodley didn't beat Wonderboy twice.

We also can't pretend that Wonderboy didn't beat Rory later & that Woodley didn't beat Wonderboy twice.

Rory and GSP apply pressure. Wonderboy doesn't. Maia couldn't.

MMAth doesn't work.

I think you like simple answers.

This in the OP:

Who wasn't the aggressor vs. Tyron Woodley? When hasnt GSP been the aggressor? Tyron will happily invite GSP to go on offense.

Somehow you guys put the LAwler GIF on loop and can't only see one possibility.

Yeah, maybe Tyron lands that huge punch and catches him. What if he doesn't, like which happens in most his fights? You think he's going to win exchanges with GSP? Dictate the pace? Blitz and control GSP?

What does Tyron do to win rounds from GSP?
Answering to your question earlier, who made gsp look bad on the feet? Hendricks did, a guy who could defend takedowns and countered GSP everytime he tried one. But let´s not mmath here, although they´re both great werstlers with explosive power in their hand.

I just really believe that GSP is slower and way out of his prime, and if he gets close enough and tries to pressure using jabs, that´s gonna give Tyron too many opportunities to counter him. But like I said, GSP is not gonna be doing a lot of pressure, because once Tyron lands the 1st, he is gonna be cautious and hesitant. So I see Woodley being more aggresive and he won´t be afraid of takedowns imo, he´s gonna feel comfortable on the feet to let his hands go.

Answering your question earlier, who made gsp look bad on the feet? Hendricks did, a guy who could defend takedowns and countered GSP everytime he tried one. But let´s not mmath here, although they´re both great werstlers with explosive power in their hand.

I just really believe that if GSP is slower and way out of his prime, and if he gets close enough and tries to pressure using only jabs, that´s gonna give Tyron too many opportunities to counter him. But like I said, GSP is not gonna be doing a lot of pressure, because once Tyron lands the 1st, he is gonna be cautious and hesitant. So I see Woodley being more aggresive and he won´t be afraid of takedowns imo, he he´s gonna feel comfortable on the feet to let his hands go.

GSP doesn't use only jabs. That's something Sherdoggers repeat.

When Woodley starts fighting carefree and aggressive, maybe I'll see what you do. But Woodley is very defensive, is actively playing defense, saving his cardio, blitzing, and avoiding TD attempts with his back safely to the cage.. It's his style.

I expect GSP, much like Rory, will have Tyron's limited skill set predicted and prepared for by Firas.

Your scenario is exactly what happened in the Maia fight, and Woodley didn't get offensive. He stuffed all the TDs, landed a big shot early and was still passive. Yet somehow he's gonna be care free and aggressive vs. GSP?

The dude that got stockton slapped by Shields is gonna murder Woodley on the feet? Sure.
giphy.gif
You post this as if Shields didn't beat Woodley. And outstrike him at that.

Rory and GSP apply pressure. Wonderboy doesn't. Maia couldn't.

MMAth doesn't work.

So are we going to pretend that GSP and Hendricks didn't happen?

I think Woodley is going to play out like then GSP vs Hendricks fight as opposed to Koscheck. Woodley has good striking, timing, speed, and power. Hendricks had a better chin but Woodley is faster. I think it will be another very challenging fight for GSP, certainly not a koscheck jab fest or another Woodley VS Rory.

GSP doesn't use only jabs. That's something Sherdoggers repeat.

When Woodley starts fighting carefree and aggressive, maybe I'll see what you do. But Woodley is very defensive, is actively playing defense, saving his cardio, blitzing, and avoiding TD attempts with his back safely to the cage.. It's his style.

I expect GSP, much like Rory, will have Tyron's limited skill set predicted and prepared for by Firas.
Not me, that´s something GSP fans keep repeating, nobody was able to say anything differently so far, go ahead and read the whole thread again if you want. All people are saying is he´s gonna jab Woodley all night long because Woodley is defensive. He won´t be against GSP, there´s no takedown threat for him, there´s no Rory combo on the feet either, so he´s gonna let his hands go. His hands are more dangerous than GSP's, he finishes fights on the feet, GSP doesn't.

LOL

You are stumped. The guy was promoted as a savage beast based on one fight with Rory MacDonald. Tyron Woodley exposed him. That's all.
Have you even watched Lawlers fight with exception to the Woodley fight?

He's a savage beast in in literally every other fight he's had since returning to the UFC. The Condit fight, Henrdicks, Rory I, Matt Brown, Koscheck...every single fight he's been a savage beast in all of those.

So, Tyron catching him with one punch instantly means he was never that dangerous? Only on Sherdog would someone think a single punch exposes someone in any meaningful way. What was exposed? That he's actually just a human who can be knocked out if hit hard enough"

So are we going to pretend that GSP and Hendricks didn't happen?

I think Woodley is going to play out like then GSP vs Hendricks fight as opposed to Koscheck. Woodley has good striking, timing, speed, and power. Hendricks had a better chin but Woodley is faster. I think it will be another very challenging fight for GSP, certainly not a koscheck jab fest or another Woodley VS Rory.

Hendricks is bigger, more aggressive, and a better wrestler and was out worked.

GSP will out work Tyron too.

GSP has better mma wrestling than Woodley. I don't think GSP will struggle with getting Woodley down.

He's a savage beast in in literally every other fight he's had since returning to the UFC. The Condit fight, Henrdicks, Rory I, Matt Brown, Koscheck...every single fight he's been a savage beast in all of those.

So, Tyron catching him with one punch instantly means he was never that dangerous? Only on Sherdog would someone think a single punch exposes someone in any meaningful way. What was exposed? That he's actually just a human who can be knocked out if hit hard enough"
Thanks, m8. Very well said.
{<redford}

GSP will throw more than 5 punches unlike Wonderboy

Not me, that´s something GSP fans keep repeating, nobody was able to say anything differently so far, go ahead and read the whole thread again if you want. All people are saying is he´s gonna jab Woodley all night long because Woodley is defensive. He won´t be against GSP, there´s no takedown threat for him, he´s gonna let his hands go. His hands are more dangerous than GSP's, he finishes fights on the feet, GSP doesn't.

Your title is about jabs, you invited the discussion, and yes it will be his biggest and maybe best tool vs. Woodley. But pretending it's all he does? Why not go back to 2010 and pretend he lay and prays too?

There is no takedown threat? Maia's TD threat kept Woodley honest. Rory put him down and kept him there for the entire round. If you think your confidence that a TD is impossible will rub off on Woodley, you're wrong. The TD is possible.

His hands might be "more dangerous", GSP's are more effective and intelligent.

The dude that got stockton slapped by Shields is gonna murder Woodley on the feet? Sure.
giphy.gif

You did watch this fight, no?

Then you already know he was half blind from an errant knuckle to the eyeball.

lol and Shields beat Woodley. How embarrassing. He lost a standup fight with Jake fkin Shields. LMAO

I was kind of disappointed when Shields won the standup portion of the fight against the guy on Bully Beatdown.
Was hoping the bully would expose him.

Nah. You giving him too much credit. I won't. His finishing rate is 36%. Win or lose, if you are a savage beast, the fight will end before a decision.

Who has Robbie Lawler fought who was next level tough enough to withstand savagery for more than 3 or 5 rounds?

Fights like Lawler vs MacDonald II end. So, if you fight like that every single time, and you are really good at it, your finish rate will be greater than 36%.

This is obvious. Lawler is not even close to 50%. So, there is an obvious discrepancy between his image versus the record. That is what we call hype.

That is UFC marketting. Based one fight, they have convinced the fans that the guy is something he is not. Look at how the Cerrone fight went. Cerrone left the cage without a mark in his face, after fighting a "scary savage" for 3 rounds. Come on, now.

Back