Tyron came out of 10 rounds against Wonderboy unscathed, but GSP is gonna "jab fest" him?

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
No, GSP is not gonna jab fest Woodley if that fight ever happens. And please don´t compare Woodley to Koscheck, that´s embarrassing.

First of all, there´s not gonna be any "threat of the takedown" for Woodley, forget about that. That´s his department. He was hesitant against Wonderboy because the guy is an absolute expert on the feet. But Woodley is the wrestling expert here against GSP, he won´t be afraid of any takedowns, he´s not afraid of anybody taking him down (except Maia, a bjj wizard). So NO, Woodley is not gonna get taken down, Tyron´s too strong and his wrestling is too good for out of prime post retirement GSP.

Secondly, forget about GSP being the aggressor on the feet and putting pressure on Woodley, he would get countered right away. Everybody landed punches on GSP throughout his career, even JAKE SHIELDS, and believe me, Tyron would land hard, and once GSP feels that right hand, he´s gonna be hesitant as fuck. Just look at what happened to a striking expert like Wonderboy, he didn´t land shit for 10 rounds, and as soon as he opened up a little more to attack Tyron, he almost got knocked the fuck out and finished in both fights.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

If it ever happens, I got Tyron by brutal 1st round KO.
KmiLato.gif

Wonderboy feared the takedown.

GPS does not. Wonderboy has better striking GSP has a better jab.

Also GSP has riddum.

GSP will murder Woodley.

He will not be afraid of Woodleys takedown attempts and will likely jab Woodley to death on the outside and punish him with takedowns if he becomes aggressive.

No, GSP is not gonna jab fest Woodley if that fight ever happens. And please don´t compare Woodley to Koscheck, that´s embarrassing.

First of all, there´s not gonna be any "threat of the takedown" for Woodley, forget about that. That´s his department. He was hesitant against Wonderboy because the guy is an absolute expert on the feet. But Woodley is the wrestling expert here against GSP, he won´t be afraid of any takedowns, he´s not afraid of anybody taking him down (except Maia, a bjj wizard). So NO, Woodley is not gonna get taken down, Tyron´s too strong and his wrestling is too good for out of prime post retirement GSP.

Secondly, forget about GSP being the aggressor on the feet and putting pressure on Woodley, he would get countered right away. Everybody landed punches on GSP throughout his career, even JAKE SHIELDS, and believe me, Tyron would land hard, and once GSP feels that right hand, he´s gonna be hesitant as fuck. Just look at what happened to a striking expert like Wonderboy, he didn´t land shit for 10 rounds, and as soon as he opened up a little more to attack Tyron, he almost got knocked the fuck out and finished in both fights.
tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif

If it ever happens, I got Tyron by brutal 1st round KO.
KmiLato.gif
Lawler looked so scared. LOL

What is funny is that the UFC was promoting him as the "boogieman" with that creepy music and him saying he would have killed McGregor, if McGregor had given up his back.

Then the fight happens, and he looked TERRIFIED of that T-Wood Bomb. LOL

I love it when a hype train gets stopped right in its track.

Wonderboy feared the takedown.

GPS does not. Wonderboy has better striking GSP has a better jab.

Also GSP has riddum.

GSP will murder Woodley.

He will not be afraid of Woodleys takedown attempts and will likely jab Woodley to death on the outside and punish him with takedowns if he becomes aggressive.

The dude that got stockton slapped by Shields is gonna murder Woodley on the feet? Sure.
giphy.gif

Wonderboy wasn't a takedown threat so TWood wasn't kept guessing.

The dude that got stockton slapped by Shields is gonna murder Woodley on the feet? Sure.
giphy.gif
I didn't say on the feat hes going to KO him,

He'll beat him on the feet and blanket him with takedowns after. A combination of Woodley guessing whats coming next might lead to a KO from pressure.

You know bro, Shields could basically win K1 if he was motivated - A+ level striking.

I feel that GSP is going to be better than Woodley everywhere. Similar athleticism, crisper standup, better MMA wrestling etc.

Lawler looked so scared. LOL

What is funny is that the UFC was promoting him as the "boogieman" with that creepy music and him saying he would have killed McGregor, if McGregor had given up his back.

Then the fight happens, and he looked TERRIFIED of that T-Wood Bomb. LOL

I love it when a hype train gets stopped right in its track.
Lawler hype train?
PBgWEJi.gif

Are you implying Wonderboy is as well rounded a point fighter as GSP?

And are we REALLY back to "well he's a better wrestler than GSP!"

Yeah, so was Hughes. So was Koscheck. So was Hendricks.

GSP would rightly be the favourite in this matchup. Now as to what would actually happen on fight night, well I just hope we get to find out.

GSP advantage is he is one of the best MMA figher ever.

Yep.. His little brother already whooped Woodley..

Woodley is a terrible matchup for GSP, but Tyron has the most questionable IQ of any high level fighter, so you just never know with Tyron <Fedor23>(65-35 Tyron)

Lets not forget the McDonald fight. Woodley can be taken down and controlled. Also, he can be shelled up against the cage and picked apart.

If Woodley tries to swing bombs on GSP he might open himself up for a takedown or just end up eating jab after jab.

It's a fun fight, I favor GSP.

giphy.gif
lol and Shields beat Woodley. How embarrassing. He lost a standup fight with Jake fkin Shields. LMAO

Woodley is a terrible matchup for GSP, but Tyron has the most questionable IQ of any high level fighter, so you just never know with Tyron <Fedor23>(65-35 Tyron)
What? I beg to differ, Tyron is one of the smartest fighters out there, man.

Yes he would. GSP would fuck up Tyron Woodley with his boxing.

Tyron has one punch, and if he doesn't land it early, he's going to get exposed. He can't grapple with GSP and he can't box with GSP.

He has one shot, landing his big punch, which he rarely does. Good luck on catching the GOAT.

Woodley fan bois don't know anything other than the Lawler KO and the Wonderboy decisions, acting like he's some massive power counter striker. LOL. He's a powerful wrestler who can't wrestle cuz he gasses, and blitz guys. That's his game. GSP will eat this predictable, slow fighter up.

Acting like GSP and Wonderboy have similar attacks is the biggest joke in OP.

I like Woodley a LOT but we can’t just pretend Woodley v. Rory didn’t happen

I'm one of very few Tyron fans around here andd even I'd have to say yeah thats a good possibility. WB is a counter striker he always lets people come to him so he can set up a big counter and get a KO, when people dont bite the bait he's boring. GSP isn't the worlds most exciting guy but he still typically has to come forward or atleast dictate the pace. He's a more technical striker than Woodley I could see him landing jabs at will all night. Of course that would mean having to get in range of Woodleys power which I wouldn't recommend to ANYONE.

Both are old and have 35+ y/o cardio lol I could see it going either way but I'd have to bet money on Woodley just cuz he has the power advantage. Wrestling might negate eachother so assuming the fight stays standing GSP will have to take more risks to land than Tyron will. I dont think GSP wants shit to do with Woodley tbh.

Back