Two girls, ages 5 and 9, shot in Toronto

Honestly shocked the Canadian media isn't attempting to sweep this under the rug like they do with most gun violence to give that squeaky clean image like it never happens in Canada.

Bet they blame the guns and not the criminal or gang violence or people who can and will get their hands on a gun if they want one.

Any shooting in Canada gets progressive libs excited. All they want to do is create propaganda to brainwash the public into thinking guns are bad and that they should be banned and confiscated.

LOL at thinking diversity isn't the reason for the increase in crime.

https://www.ucobserver.org/justice/2015/05/somali/

This is what happens when you flood a country with immigrants from undeveloped countries. It doesn't work anywhere yet lunatic progressives keep pushing for it.

Why are you making this an immigrant thing? It is clearly people imitating shitty american gang culture nothing to do with immigrants.

Why are you making this an immigrant thing? It is clearly people imitating shitty american gang culture nothing to do with immigrants.

You'll see the same type of behavior all over the world. Immigrants are more likely to gravitate towards gangs.

You'll see the same type of behavior all over the world. Immigrants are more likely to gravitate towards gangs.

I disagree, do you have statistics to prove what you are saying?

I think most gang violence is perpetrated by people born here, they grew up poor and in shitty neighborhoods, sort of a product of there own environment type of thing.

I'm pretty sure Sheldon there is a born and raised Canuck eh. Problem is he is a little too dark, and his name doesn't have enough "ack" or "mo" in it to qualify for the Trudy lotto.
But hey CBC is already in full on gun control mode so great success.

I disagree, do you have statistics to prove what you are saying?

I think most gang violence is perpetrated by people born here, they grew up poor and in shitty neighborhoods, sort of a product of there own environment type of thing.

You can tell that it's happening all over the world. In Canada though it's more difficult to pin down because crime statistics in Canada do not record race. Pathetic I know.

There is the link I already provided and here's this:

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrcs/pblctns/2017-r001/index-en.aspx

Immigrant Youth
There has been growing public concern expressed over the 'immigrant youth gang' in the last number of years. Wortley and Tanner (2006) noted that an assumption is often made that youth gang activity in Canada may be increasing because of recent immigration from certain 'gang-prone' nations, meaning that serious youth gang activity is being imported from other countries into Canada. However, given that there is a lack of statistical information on crime with respect to immigrant status, race and ethnicity, it is not possible to establish the prevalence and patterns of changes in criminal gang involvement of youth from immigrant families (Ngo, 2010). To date, a limited number of Canadian studies have examined the issue of immigrant youth and gangs. Continued dialogue on the connections between immigration, crime and gang involvement are needed in Canada in order to guide the development of responsive policies, programs and services for this population.

Some newcomers can face a number of barriers to integration into Canadian society. First generation immigrant youth can experience linguistic, acculturative, psychological and economic challenges. They may experience barriers to equitable opportunities in Canada, and encounter a wide range of obstacles and challenges in accessing services and support in the social services, education, health and justice arenas. Although second generation Canadian youth born into immigrant families, as a group, tend to do well economically, those from a visible minority background may experience significant inequalities in their educational attainment and participation in the labour market. Second generation Canadian youth may also experience sociocultural challenges with respect to competing cultural expectations, cultural identity and intercultural interactions (Ngo, 2010; Sersli, Salazar, & Lozano, 2010).

Gangs typically form in communities where an accumulation of different forms of disadvantage (e.g., economic disadvantage, lack of opportunities, family disruption, racial discrimination) come together. Both the emergence and sustainability of gangs and gang membership rely on the extent to which these disadvantages are more prevalent in communities (Pyrooz, Fox, & Decker, 2010). These groups experience what Vigil (2002) called 'multiple marginality', where breakdowns of social and economic factors lead to a 'street socialization' takeover. Multiple marginality acts and reacts within populations to drive youth into the streets and immigration or migration adaption is a central part of this process. As youth undergo street socialization they may form a street subculture, namely a gang.

Commonly these gangs are organized with the specific intent of committing criminal activity for the purpose of financial gain. They are hierarchally structured with an established leadership and chain of command, and are selectively open to expanding their membership. Most gangs have initiation rituals based on violence and subject new members to screening and personal testing to confirm their solidness and loyalty. Most immigrant youth are involved in either an ethnically-based gang, or in a multicultural gang. Those associated with the latter have indicated that while their criminal gang was open to individuals of diverse ethnic backgrounds, only those from certain ethnic groups would be given a leadership role (Ngo, 2010). It should be noted however that when we assume that all ethnic gangs are alike, we lose sight of the uniqueness of groups that, while sharing criminal involvement, arise out of different contexts and conditions, are often organized differently, and vary in function and form (Grekul & LaBoucane-Benson, 2008).
Police keeping an eye on several ‘newcomer’ gangs popping up in Winnipeg
https://globalnews.ca/news/4054465/...everal-newcomer-gangs-popping-up-in-winnipeg/

Report offers rare peek into Canadian gang life and high-risk youth

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...peek-into-canadian-gang-life/article20611745/

A struggle of integration’: Deportation used to counter gang activity within Toronto's growing Afghan community

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...vity-within-torontos-growing-afghan-community

Immigration hearing reveals how Asian gang crime works in Canada

https://www.macleans.ca/news/immigration-hearing-reveals-how-asian-gang-crime-works-in-canada/

As you can see, flooding your country with immigrants from undeveloped countries with a different culture is a really bad idea.

Last edited:
I think we can safely assume that the TS made this thread because the criminal wasn't a white guy.

I think we can safely assume that the TS made this thread because the criminal wasn't a white guy.

There was 0 reference to race in his post or the article. The guy hadn't even been arrested yet.

You've obviously never been here if u think it's like Detroit.
No I meant it is to Canada what Detroit is to America. Filthy, disgusting air, and tons of crime.

You can tell that it's happening all over the world. In Canada though it's more difficult to pin down because crime statistics in Canada do not record race. Pathetic I know.

There is the link I already provided and here's this:

https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/rsrcs/pblctns/2017-r001/index-en.aspx

Police keeping an eye on several ‘newcomer’ gangs popping up in Winnipeg
https://globalnews.ca/news/4054465/...everal-newcomer-gangs-popping-up-in-winnipeg/

Report offers rare peek into Canadian gang life and high-risk youth

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...peek-into-canadian-gang-life/article20611745/

A struggle of integration’: Deportation used to counter gang activity within Toronto's growing Afghan community

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...vity-within-torontos-growing-afghan-community

Immigration hearing reveals how Asian gang crime works in Canada

https://www.macleans.ca/news/immigration-hearing-reveals-how-asian-gang-crime-works-in-canada/

As you can see, flooding your country with immigrants from undeveloped countries with a different culture is a really bad idea.

Unfortunately those links don't provide any statistics on immigrants causing more crime compared to natural born citizens.

My guess is that the majority of crime is committed by Canadian citizens and even when accounting for differences in populations (immigrant to non immigrant) they would be very similar.

Unfortunately those links don't provide any statistics on immigrants causing more crime compared to natural born citizens.

My guess is that the majority of crime is committed by Canadian citizens and even when accounting for differences in populations (immigrant to non immigrant) they would be very similar.

Having lived all over canada and in michigan, in canada it depends on area. For the most part the GTA aka greater toronto area is a multi culturally diverse area. It works for the most part, but FOBs join current gangs and make shit worse.

I grew up in regent park toronto; canadas oldest housing projects. It was a ghetto long before the jamaicans and haitians ever arrived. It just looks different when its gangbangers vs more organized criminal elements because of connotations and style of committing the crime.

Currently i live in st catharines, most crime is canada born here, although race is typically white or black (nova scotian even like my previous neighbor pos).

Overall it works in terma of diversity here despite that it isnt perfect. Its nothing like the usa where racism tends to be more prevalent in certain areas. Michigan sucked balls though. Most illegal guns in canada are from break and enters where guns are stolen, or smuggled through windsor/detroit border or thunderbay ferries.

This is just further proof that automatically ignoring context is contagious in the War Room.

You blamed this on the US and their gun laws in response to someone saying strict gun laws aren't stopping these things. You are saying a crime that happened to Canadians in Canada, with no knowledge of where the firearm came from is because of American policy.

"context"

If only we Mae handgun illegal then they could not get them.

You blamed this on the US and their gun laws in response to someone saying strict gun laws aren't stopping these things. You are saying a crime that happened to Canadians in Canada, with no knowledge of where the firearm came from is because of American policy.

"context"
I did no such thing.

Canadian dangerous neighbourhoods are like paradises compared to American versions. But you do take that one in a million gamble that you or your kids will get shot when you choose lower rent/convenience over security. There's plenty of neighbourhoods that are both cheap and safe, especially if you're willing to commute more. I don't feel that much sympathy because it's like, yeah, this is why we avoid living there, welcome to knowing what we all knew before.

Back