TUF opens with only 726,000 viewers

TUF was bad enough when they had good coaches. No surprise. The show would be much better if it were just fights and no bullshit in between, I don't give a rats ass about what drama unfolds in between the fights. I don't watch TUF specifically for that reason. Reality tv is the single biggest reason why I watch so little tv these days.

Yeah, I stopped watching TUF for this reason. I only care about the fights, but that only ends up being a quarter or less of the episode. The rest is little girl drama.

Don't be surprised when next weeks numbers jump. As soon as the drama begins even MTV will try jump on that ship.

No excuse. The UFC already drew well over a million with their 1st broadcast. If people wanted to watch the show they know were to find it.

How much over a million?

I hate Ronda as much as anybody, but if the Condit vs Kampmann card which was a good card only did a little over a million, TUF doing 725k isn't really bad.

Tufs format has been ran down to the ground. Just cancel it.

who cares, it's a reality show.

It's because it's the first episode just wait until things get heated up between Ronda and Miesha, then the views will spike up more drama=more views.

nice joke.

nobody cares about women's sports

TUF is a failing product that shouldve been killed years ago. UFC's move to FOX is a failure, they shouldve just stuck with SPIKE. WMMA will not last within the zuffa org.

Jon Jones is not the superstar they wanted him to be, Cain cant draw audiences, and Anderson is gone. GSP will not be champ next year, and LW belt will change hands between so many people in the near future. Aldo will join LW, and theres no one worthy to fill his shoes at FW. No one cares about the divisions below that.

UFC's short term prospects look bad, but they've weathered much worse storms than this. I just think its time for new management at the top, and the Ferttitas should fire Dana and replace him with Scott Coker.

gsp is going to lose? how bout no

TUF was bad enough when they had good coaches. No surprise. The show would be much better if it were just fights and no bullshit in between, I don't give a rats ass about what drama unfolds in between the fights. I don't watch TUF specifically for that reason. Reality tv is the single biggest reason why I watch so little tv these days.

Agreed. This show needed less emotional drama and immature squabbling and more fighting. Then they did a format guaranteed to be double the drama and squabbling. Bad choice imo.

Also, WMMA is growing on me, but the skill level seems years behind where the men are. No issue with that, and given time they'll only get better. But neither Ronda nor Tate have a ton of credibility as coaches imo. Anyone recall Tate cornering Caraway?

it actually outdrew the fight night by 200k,ouch.
Yeah, see, that's the kind of perspective that we need here. It's not just what the ratings are relative to what they were on a more established network, but more importantly what they are relative to other content on their current network which is still trying to establish itself. A taped event outperforming a live event is very telling in terms of the relative popularity of the show.

No excuse. The UFC already drew well over a million with their 1st broadcast. If people wanted to watch the show they know were to find it.
That was an absolutely stacked LIVE card. Some of you have no sense of perspective.

I`m surprised it got even that much. That show is boring as shit.

I watched for a bit but wasn't into the chick fights and sloppy attempt at armbars. I won't tune in again until next season with male coaches hopefully

We already knew the ratings wouldn't be as good, considering it's on a completely new TV station. Expectations were WAY too high.

The show isn't that great to begin with.

It's been on the air for 8 years now.

Not surprised by the lackluster ratings.

I almost watched TUF. But then I realized I'd just be watching Ronda whine about shit and a bunch of people being like "guys and girls?! In one house?! Omg!!!"

Back