TUF opens with only 726,000 viewers

But Uncle Dana told us Ronda was the biggest star in the UFC...

gW8XIld.gif

Haha awesome gif

It's on a new channel who are just establishing an audience themselves. Fox Sports 1 will be thrilled with that figure- nothing to worry about as of yet.

No excuse. The UFC already drew well over a million with their 1st broadcast. If people wanted to watch the show they know were to find it.

Honestly, the only thing that would probably get me to watch TUF these days is if Fedor was a coach. And that's only a maybe.

I'd watch it if Fedor and Sergei were coaches and the house was in some Russian backwoods and the octagon was on a basketball court in the middle of the forest.

It's TUF. It's stale, people are over it. This is the 18th American TUF + the international TUFs. The UFC force feeds us TUF. It should be once a year, not twice a year and sometimes 3.

Let's see what excuses Dana comes up with now.

But it was a terrible day to have the premiere of TUF

I think it's about time they gave TUF a break. It hasn't had stellar ratings in a while. The formula just isn't attractive anymore.

Let it rest for a year or two and then bring it back with a different format.

They need to bring coaches people care about. Stuff like Jones and Chael and JDS and Brock were good but not the best. Rampage Vs Rashad was crazy! HEavyweights fighting and the coaches hated each other. That season probably had alot of views.

I went out to dinner with some people and forgot all about Fight Night and TUF, and then I visited Sherdog's main page and was reminded. I tuned into TUF about 12 minutes after it began, and missed Ronda's freak out in the beginning, apparently (probably the best part). The show was OK, nothing special, but watchable. I dislike FS1's presentation with the constant scroll and talking heads promising ball sports updates. I wanted to watch the highlights from that night's fights, but turned off the TV because I was sick of them just going on incessantly about ball sports shit that I didn't care about. I like the UFC content, but hate the FS1 BS. I think this show would get better ratings if it were still on FX. Probably not all that bad ratings considering. I bet it's a big bump from whatever else is on that network besides live fights.

This show is the WORST!

I'm actually excited to see if Tate's training partner wins tomorrow.

That said, it's pretty bad. The show is pretty bad. They focus so much on the drama and bullshit sob stories of the people, etc.

They should replace ALL of the TV show bullshit drama with exercise / diet regiments, training tips and general MMA knowledge. Even segments where it's just the coaches commenting / talking over random fights, or their own fights, etc.

They could make it an awesome and educational program instead of another TV reality show that panders to peoples aimless and often fringe emotions.

They need to bring coaches people care about. Stuff like Jones and Chael and JDS and Brock were good but not the best. Rampage Vs Rashad was crazy! HEavyweights fighting and the coaches hated each other. That season probably had alot of views.

And Kimbo. It was mostly Kimbo.

No excuse. The UFC already drew well over a million with their 1st broadcast. If people wanted to watch the show they know were to find it.

Come on man, TV doesn't work like that. Established product doesn't always equal ratings. Kampmann vs Condit's figures were down on the 1st broadcast (and WAY down on the original Kampmann vs Condit fight figures), as were Glover vs Bader. It's a new channel finding its feet and audience, that was riding on a huge media campaign for its launch, so of course the figures for the first night were going to be huge.

Personally I didn't enjoy last night's episode as much as last series, but it was still a massive improvement on "Let Me Bang Bro" Tuf 16.

It was the highest rated TUF by far, and one of the Kimbo fights is one of the most viewed MMA fights of all time. The card that Rampage and Rashad headlined also got over a million buys.

TUF is a failing product that shouldve been killed years ago. UFC's move to FOX is a failure, they shouldve just stuck with SPIKE. WMMA will not last within the zuffa org.

Jon Jones is not the superstar they wanted him to be, Cain cant draw audiences, and Anderson is gone. GSP will not be champ next year, and LW belt will change hands between so many people in the near future. Aldo will join LW, and theres no one worthy to fill his shoes at FW. No one cares about the divisions below that.

UFC's short term prospects look bad, but they've weathered much worse storms than this. I just think its time for new management at the top, and the Ferttitas should fire Dana and replace him with Scott Coker.

Good news. TUF is a stale concept and just needs to go away. Can't believe it has been 18 seasons.

it actually outdrew the fight night by 200k,ouch.

Back