Trumps favorbility rating dropped 5 points.

I"M SHOCKED

-mess with the EPA
-want deregulating
-have a horrible healthcare plan
-and pandering to the rich
-not to mention nobody really has a clue what the next 4 years will be like

Well, the economy is doing well, and that's normally the number one factor in public opinion. So it is a little surprising that he's so unpopular. Also, newly elected presidents normally are very popular. If there's a recession (probably 50/50 for that happening in the next four years), he could fall to Bush levels. Or maybe people are so hardened these days that the range is smaller (which could explain the lack of popularity now). It'll be interesting to watch.

I am sure dems will run somebody worse. Debbie wasserman? Hillary again? Keith Ellison?

None of those are really high on the list of likely candidates. Warren's probably the most likely, along with Kaine, Brown, Klobuchar, and Hickenlooper. Probably the field should be favored over any of them, though.

None of those are really high on the list of likely candidates. Warren's probably the most likely, along with Kaine, Brown, Klobuchar, and Hickenlooper. Probably the field should be favored over any of them, though.
Warren is going to be older than trump is now by next cycle. Kamala isn't in the running? she seems interesting!

Well, the economy is doing well, and that's normally the number one factor in public opinion. So it is a little surprising that he's so unpopular. Also, newly elected presidents normally are very popular. If there's a recession (probably 50/50 for that happening in the next four years), he could fall to Bush levels. Or maybe people are so hardened these days that the range is smaller (which could explain the lack of popularity now). It'll be interesting to watch.
Why do you think the economy is doing so well? Just curious? I was shocked how much my portfolio went up this year.

Warren is going to be older than trump is now by next cycle. Kamala isn't in the running? she seems interesting!

Just starting her first term of elected office. I guess it's not impossible, but I'd group her in with the field. Don't think her chances as an individual are worth mentioning.

Why do you think the economy is doing so well? Just curious? I was shocked how much my portfolio went up this year.

Job growth, various measures of the strength of labor markets, wages. Stocks, sure. Low inflation is pretty good, though it kind of runs counter to the other stuff (that is, it suggests more improvement is possible).

I agree the stock markets are doing well but he has to deliver improved job numbers and reduce the deficit no? I mean he did campaign on having better jobs numbers than Obama

I agree the stock markets are doing well but he has to deliver improved job numbers and reduce the deficit no? I mean he did campaign on having better jobs numbers than Obama

People don't follow the numbers, and anyway, he convinced his followers that the numbers for Obama were bad. But people in general (averaging everyone out) perceive improvement or decline in labor markets and stocks (and the rate and direction of change is more important than the level in terms of mood). At the moment, things are good, and I'd expect it to provide a boost to the president's approval rating (even though the president doesn't usually have much to do with that). Like I said, it's possible that his numbers *are* being significantly helped and they'd be way worse than normal if the economy weren't doing so well, but it's also possible that partisanship is hardening and the normal rules don't apply, and thus he's not getting much of a boost. Things will have to go south for us to see, and obviously no one is hoping for that.

He'll be the first president to get reelected with a negative 300% approval rating, beating his opponent who had a 224% chance of winning.

I'll take Hickenlooper. But can we file a petition to get him to change his name to Hicks?

I am sure dems will run somebody worse. Debbie wasserman? Hillary again? Keith Ellison?

Nah, They are going to try and bring back Camelot.

151242713-304.jpg

caroline_kennedy-3.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-poll-trumps-approval-numbers-220718486.html

At this rate his ratings will be zero by the end of 4 years.

BTW the source is Fox, which Trump gets all his information from, so save the fake news meme.
Who... cares?

Trump doesn't. He's always had shit ratings.

And who participates in polls anyways? I never have.

Wasn't there a Gallup poll done that said 46% of America believe the Earth is only 10k yrs old? Polls are strange and most likely not very realistic as we saw from the election.

I'll take Hickenlooper. But can we file a petition to get him to change his name to Hicks?

I think that would probably be his nickname in the press. Would be weird to have a geologist rather than a lawyer or business guy as president.

Who... cares?

Trump doesn't. He's always had shit ratings.

And who participates in polls anyways? I never have.

Wasn't there a Gallup poll done that said 46% of America believe the Earth is only 10k yrs old? Polls are strange and most likely not very realistic as we saw from the election.
YOu care, because you quoted my post.

Yeah, but the Nasdaq will be at 25,000. It's a strange world.

It's not that strange. The economy is in good shape and Trump came into office when the economy was strong and trending upwards. He really hasn't done anything that would have an impact yet.

Presidents with low approval rating traditionally find it difficult to carry out their policy agenda.

Their party is more likely to break with them on issues that are seen as controversial.

So Trump should be able to work with Republicans in Congress to pass key policy legislation just so long as he can avoid controversy...

Back