Opinion Trump should fire Mueller...RIGHT NOW.

Not this again.

Buddy, party registration means nothing. What matters is support. For example, I’m a registered Democrat, but I’ve supported Republican candidates since around 2012. Likewise, Panamerican claims to lean conservative, but he never supports anything Conservatives support. Using Party labels to bolster criticism is the oldest trick in the book. The only thing that matters is actual support.

Now that we’ve established that, consider the fact that about 95% of the federal workforce supports Democrats (or about 20/1 in favor of Dems).That percentage is remarkably stable among the federal agencies, with some having slightly higher or lower concentrations of Democratic support. But the breakdown in party registration, while still tilting overwhelmingly toward Democrats, reflects a much tighter ratio of about 2/1 (65% to 35%, Dems, among those registered). Even among so-called registered Republicans in the federal workforce, Donald Trump has about 5% support. That means, in a nutshell, almost all of the federal workforce disapprove of the man which Americans voted to be POTUS. They have worked, and will continue to work against him unless strong measures are taken to bring them into compliance.

That’s what the Hatch Act is for. It sounds like you don’t know much about it, so I will just break it down for you: it is a statutory scheme which prohibits federal employees (and some state employees) from using their positions within the government for partisan purposes. Hatch Act violations carry both civil and criminal penalties. IMO it has not been enforced aggressively enough.

Define support, because it sounds to me like you mean anyone that is more interested in doing their job that towing the company line.

Comey is a former Bush appointed AG. He served under 2 Republican presidents and 1 democrat He's been charged with tanking Hillary Clinton's campaign, he (against policy) spoke publicly about an open investigation at a pivotal point in her campaign. Sounds like a solid Republican, certainly not swinging the US to the left.

Muller is a Bush appointee as deputy AG and FBI director, he supported the war in Iraq and the ultra-conservative domestic surveillance program. He was appointed Special Council by Trump appointee Rod Rosenstein and praised by both parties including Paul Ryan upon selection.

Rod Rosenstein was appointed US attorney by Bush, and Deputy AG under Trump. He was vetted by a republican controlled Congress. He authored the Comey Memo.

Again these are full blown, dyed-in-the-wool, Law and order Republicans. They self identify as Republican. They act like Republicans. They are endorsed by their fellow Republicans at every turn... right up until they are tasked with investigating Trump.

Define support, because it sounds to me like you mean anyone that is more interested in doing their job that towing the company line.

I mean "support" in the democratic sense—what are their political interests as evidenced by their actions? For whom are these people voting? What are the policies they support? To that end, what lifestyle(s) do they actually live in their personal lives? What are their values? You will learn more about who opposes Donald Trump by examining these factors than by examining their party affiliation.

Comey is a former Bush appointed AG. He served under 2 Republican presidents and 1 democrat He's been charged with tanking Hillary Clinton's campaign, he (against policy) spoke publicly about an open investigation at a pivotal point in her campaign. Sounds like a solid Republican, certainly not swinging the US to the left.

James Comey is a perfect example. Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.
Comey donates maximum amount to Democratic challenger
Comey declares anti-Trump 'awakening' underway
James Comey Wants Americans to Vote Democratic in November
Former FBI chief James Comey knocks on doors for Democrat
Muller is a Bush appointee as deputy AG and FBI director, he supported the war in Iraq and the ultra-conservative domestic surveillance program. He was appointed Special Council by Trump appointee Rod Rosenstein and praised by both parties including Paul Ryan upon selection.

Mueller is another great example. Thanks.

Rod Rosenstein was appointed US attorney by Bush, and Deputy AG under Trump. He was vetted by a republican controlled Congress. He authored the Comey Memo.

Rosenstein is another great example. Thanks.

Again these are full blown, dyed-in-the-wool, Law and order Republicans. They self identify as Republican. They act like Republicans. They are endorsed by their fellow Republicans at every turn... right up until they are tasked with investigating Trump.

Look, I understand the elementary argument you're trying to make:
(P1) Trump is a Republican
(P2) People from the same political party tend to support each other
(P3) These other Republicans over here do not support Trump

With all due respect, that's a terrible argument because it ignores the fact that all of Trump's enemies are Washington D.C. insiders, bureaucrats, lobbyists, and institutionalists. These people have more in common with Democrats because Dems always favor heavier government spending, bureaucracy, and expansive government authority. Trump got elected because he basically promised to uproot these scumbags and return political power to the voters. No one is surprised to find out that "self-identified Republicans" like Comey, Mueller, or Rosenstein oppose Donald Trump.

Every single one of those stories is about the actions of a former federal employee who is reacting to being fired and smeared in the media. It's not a case of a federal employee politicizing his position to serve party interests over his job.

And my point wasn't at all that something must be wrong with Trump. I mean... I wouldn't disagree with that, but that's not my point.

My point is that hatch act is about politicizing federal office. Being a "Washington Insider" isn't doing that. Certainly a Republican Congress installing a special investigator to look into documented conflicts of interest isn't doing that. A hatch act violation is something like locking up a leaders political opponents, weponizing IRS audits, SEC investigations into the other parties key donors.

There are no evidence to even suggest Hatch Act violations are going on.

No need to respond, or respond and have the final word. It think the above point is where I bow out of the conversation.

Last edited:
Every single one of those stories is about the actions of a former federal employee who is reacting to being fired and smeared in the media. It's not a case of a federal employee politicizing his position to serve party interests over his job.

And my point wasn't at all that something must be wrong with Trump. I mean... I wouldn't disagree with that, but that's not my point.

My point is that hatch act is about politicizing federal office. Being a "Washington Insider" isn't doing that. Certainly a Republican Congress installing a special investigator to look into documented conflicts of interest isn't doing that. A hatch act violation is something like locking up a leaders political opponents, weponizing IRS audits, SEC investigations into the other parties key donors.

There are no evidence to even suggest Hatch Act violations are going on.

No need to respond, or respond and have the final word. It think the above point is where I bow out of the conversation.

Of course I'm going to respond. It's what I do.

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. No need to respond.

Is this all still about the Stormy stuff? Lmao

Trump train 2020. Move on to the next scandal, leftists.

It's looking more and more as if he broke the law. His lawyer is going to jail for committing a crime on his behalf. All these people are being indicted for crimes that benefitted HIM. Any reasonable person can see the writing on the wall.
Wasn’t there “writing on the wall” in December 16? Two years later....

No, it is pretty much just getting progressively worse for Trump. Objectively.

tenor.gif

I don't know about "objectively". It depends on the source of the analysis.

Confusing

This gentleman typed out a bunch of clearly erroneous nonsense pertaining to the Hatch Act, then said "no need to respond."
I responded by pointing out that he had no clue what he was talking about, then politely informed him that his response was unnecessary.

Would you like Pence as president?

Problem is - who can do more damage? Pence doesn't sound like he's got much of a platform to run on beyond not going to meetings with females alone. He is less erratic but also seems less capable of effecting change of bad (or any) sort. Orange shitmonger seems more damaging to me.

Back