Trump results: Illegal border crossings down 93%

A new report shows that the number of illegal immigrants caught crossing the border has dropped by a stunning 93 percent since December.

According to new numbers provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), around 16,000 people were apprehended illegally crossing the border in December, but only a little more than 1,100 were caught.
Perhaps the number of people who crossed illegally went up, but the rate of apprehension went down.

Balance is what creates order not everyone being like you.... Or him or her.

Personally I believe he's far more "right" than you. The world isn't some paradise in which all shit people are a product of shit lives. A lot of people are just shit, the problem is that shit people do exponentially more damage than someone who makes shit choices.

@voxom touches on the exact argument I've used countless times before, how many random strangers do you allow to stay in your house? The answer is always at best bullshit or a distortion of the truth or a lie.

Your very answer shows you did what any sane person or government needs to do, vet everyone who wants to enter and definitely everyone who's staying. The problem was you tried to gloss over a small lie(bums that were going to be homeless) and divert attention towards druggo's.
I'd bet even with a friend you would have very limited patience in how long they can stay let alone if they were not contributing and you had to pay for everything.

My Aunty worked in an immigration centre for Australia (my country) and I said the same thing to her, how many people or immigrants have you offered to take into your house. You have to feed them, house them, clothe them and are responsible for their behaviours....the answer is always none. The answer if offered in that manner is always...... you guessed it none.
Before you say otherwise the people in government are responsible for any immigrants future behaviour or crime. Someone's child is killed and the parent goes looking for an explanation as to why, finds out its because someone just let them in. Well someone loses their job but that parents child can't come back from the dead.

This situation isn't any different at all its just a matter of scale and being directly related to your life not some fuzzy dream were someone far away pays for it and deals with the consequences.

You touch on good deeds done. It may surprise you that most normal people do good or sacrifice for the whole, this is why we have families/communities/states/countries and a relatively civilised world.

You touched on traditional land, there is none. Every continent has moved, collided and been a slow moving 8 ball on the table. Traditionally every time it came into contact two groups merged and one became dominant and wiped the other out....Neanderthals anyone or any new wave of aborigines on the original indigenous population.

Lets keep it real as bad as it has been for a lot of people the last 400 years they should thank there lucky stars it wasn't 1000/2000/3000 years ago because it would have been a lot worse. Shit has happened to every race on this planet the problem is when you focus on the shit not the solution.

At the end, I don't blame illegals who come here to escape war torn countries where goverment is corrupted. If your family was suffering you would leave too. Problem is most people never been in their situation to began with.

I live about 30 minutes from the border. I am friends with several border patrol agents. They've all said they don't know what is going on because activity dropped but their work has not really changed. (i.e. they are doing nothing different than before). perhaps the threat is enough to keep people away ? I guess time will tell if the low activity is sustained. For now the border agents are getting bored.

At the end, I don't blame illegals who come here to escape war torn countries where goverment is corrupted. If your family was suffering you would leave too. Problem is most people never been in their situation to began with.

I don't blame them either but it's not about blame it's about reality. If you YouTube gumball immigration you will be able to watch a very good explanation why immigration can never work. Until I saw it I was pro hardship immigration, now I'm not. A legitimate refugee is a lot rarer than you think, an economic refugee is what a the vast majority are.

The first rule of first aid is to make sure you are safe and that helping the person won't hurt you. The rules for us are the same as the rule for a country, scales the only difference.

There's another thread about having to stay in containers (Poland) and fenced. If you were a legitimate refugee you would be happy with this, for the first time in years if not your life you're safe. If fear is all you've known you are very grateful for any safety you can get.

In Australia we have riots in the fabricated living arrangements, these are air-conditioned with internet, food, medical care and on and on. All 100% free but that's not good enough they don't want to be safe they want to do as they please.

A letter to the editor in an Australian paper from the king"i think" of manus island was an excellent piece and highlights the problem with the do gooders, people lie, exaggerate or are misinformed.

Now the local people on both manus island and png are starting to threaten the refugees. Why, well that's simple, the refugees are causing trouble. They refuse to integrate into the the present existing society, they don't respect the social norms of the very people helping them. All the while being shown respect themselves, they see that respect as weakness and than see try and take what they want.

Last edited:
Back