Trump imposes Solar Panel Tariff

Those investing in the companies disagree with you.

Do they? Do you know investors in American solar companies? No you don’t & you’re not one yourself but thanks for the agenda driven, baseless speculative reasoning.

I understand that but won't this change that dynamic. It makes US production more viable. I would hope it would advance US production/companies.

How? will it increase demand up to a point where the economy of scale will make these competitive?

Oil is not a manufactured good though. But say we swap Oil for cars, I wouldn't levy tariff on cars, because our auto industry is doing fine. Keep in mind that China is a threat and competitor for global power.

So? its still an imported good.

The thing is that the US producers cant and wont simply meet demand at market prices thus hurting the whole solar industry with a massive supply shock.

Its not like there isnt an alternative to solar energy and cheap subsidized fossil fuels to compete with.

This is fucking over the small business in favor of the corporate overlords, and China will still laugh at America and its measly production, because the Chinese government isnt filled with climate denial yahoos and actually helps with demand.

Here's an idea, how about subsidizing American panel producers, instead of artificially raising the prices of foreign ones. That way you don't sabotage the entire installation industry in the process.

But what do I know, I'm not the one receiving coal contributions.

This or create some infrastructure bill where the government subsidizes energy projects involving solar panels and local companies.

But as you said, coal.

Need to start making more here. This will give people a reason to start or invest in US companies making them here.

Down side is the prices will go up no matter where they are made.

Agree that we need to be start making more, but this move was obviously done to hurt the entire solar market.

If he cared about increasing solar production in the US there are many options to help them: such as subsidies or tax breaks for US Solar companies, and tax credits for people buying US solar.

Last edited:
Liberals now complaining about taxing billion dollar corporations.

Yet solar stocks are going up on the news.
US solar, but form a overall industry standpoint this is a typical asshole move by Trump. Historically the stock market has risen regardless of who is in the white house. Look at the last 3 decades. Yet the country is still going to shit. The democrats and the republicans continue to shit on the middle class.

Liberals now complaining about taxing billion dollar corporations.

Are you this stupid or just ignorant?

What billion dollar corporation deals with installation and maintenance of large scale photovoltaics? Most installation and maintenance is being done by mom & pop business. Thats why republicans hate solar, takes away power from big utility companies.

Partisan hacks @SBJJ can point all they want to the stock market but i can account bet that this move will drastically reduce the growth of solar capacity by quite a bit margin. And of course the stock market wont show the thousands of people and the business going bankrupt because these dont quote on the stock exchange.

I don't know all that much about where solar production is done. I have seen articles in the recent past about solar roof panels just starting production in America through Tesla. As aggressive and successful as Tesla has been historically imagine the tariff can be beneficial for creating American jobs through that company and possibly others. I hope that is the case.

Tesla Starts Production of Solar Cells in Buffalo

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-31/tesla-starts-production-of-solar-cells-in-buffalo

What billion dollar corporation deals with installation and maintenance of large scale photovoltaics? Most installation and maintenance is being done by mom & pop business. Thats why republicans hate solar, takes away power from big utility companies.

Partisan hacks @SBJJ can point all they want to the stock market but i can account bet that this move will drastically reduce the growth of solar capacity by quite a bit margin. And of course the stock market wont show the thousands of people and the business going bankrupt because these dont quote on the stock exchange.

This is your mom and pop:
220px-Elon_Musk_2015.jpg

Solar power is also a piece of shit. The Chinese dump toxic byproducts into the sea and it only exists because of government kick backs. It's inefficient and shit

220px-Elon_Musk_2015.jpg

Solar power is also a piece of shit. The Chinese dump toxic byproducts into the sea and it only exists because of government kick backs. It's inefficient and shit

That guy also manufactures panels so he will the one of the fews who will benefit.

The mom & pop ventures that comprise the vast majority of solar installations, these will be fucked.

And you can repeat China all you want, European and NAFTA panels were also included on the tariffs.

Solar power is also a piece of shit. ... It's inefficient and shit
Solar continues to become both more energy efficient and more cost effective, across the board, each year. Calling it inefficient is really stupid. It's like seeing a skier going down a mountain and bitching about the efficiency of skiing because he's far from the bottom.

220px-Elon_Musk_2015.jpg

Why do they use solar panels in space instead of goal power?

Lol at this guy calling anyone a partisan hack. Just another guy who resorts to insults because someone points out a flaw

I didn't even say I agreed with them. In fact, I pointed out I disagree with tariffs. But don't let that change your view.

Solar stocks are up on the news. Period. That's not a hack comment.

I don't know all that much about where solar production is done. I have seen articles in the recent past about solar roof panels just starting production in America through Tesla. As aggressive and successful as Tesla has been historically imagine the tariff can be beneficial for creating American jobs through that company and possibly others. I hope that is the case.

Tesla Starts Production of Solar Cells in Buffalo

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-31/tesla-starts-production-of-solar-cells-in-buffalo

PARTISAN HACK!!

Back