Economy Changes in California Solar Threaten Renewable Energy in America

Homeowners should have full control of their energy, but that's not how Democrats roll... power and control baby. The bad news is for these Democrats that the solar home owners can install a "Fuck Authoritarians" switch without telling the government and switch over when needed in crisis, but they should be able to do this whenever they want. I already know a few homes that have this. I've considered solar and it's a great option when local (no solar farms). I'd 100% install the switch or not do it.

Homeowners should have full control of their energy, but that's not how Democrats roll... power and control baby. The bad news is for these Democrats that the solar home owners can install a "Fuck Authoritarians" switch without telling the government and switch over when needed in crisis, but they should be able to do this whenever they want. I already know a few homes that have this. I've considered solar and it's a great option when local (no solar farms). I'd 100% install the switch or not do it.
While this is a divisive subject, it doesn't really seem to be left or right leaning. The CPUC is a group of money hungry, greedy fucks that won't spend dollars to upkeep their grids, but don't want to give any profits away to lessen the strain on it either.

I have solar, they absolutely are hurting people from getting new residential solar.

The energy companies fail to uphold their end of the maintenance and then blame solar customers for not paying their fair share.

California uses "climate change" as a front to scam people out of money.

If you put too many solar panels on your house, PG&E can make you take them down because you're sending too much clean, renewable power back to the grid. That right there goes to show you that the scam is in full effect.

It's not about clean power. It's about separating you from your money.

California uses "climate change" as a front to scam people out of money.

If you put too many solar panels on your house, PG&E can make you take them down because you're sending too much clean, renewable power back to the grid. That right there goes to show you that the scam is in full effect.

It's not about clean power. It's about separating you from your money.
You can't 'put too many' and they can't make you 'take them down' unless you go with a scam company that oversells you a system and installs before they have permitting. But, you are correct in that they limit the system size under the guise of "We don't want your system to surge and knock out the block" when what they really never wanted was to pay you anything for the energy you produce that they can then sell to your neighbor at retail rates.

You can't 'put too many' and they can't make you 'take them down' unless you go with a scam company that oversells you a system and installs before they have permitting. But, you are correct in that they limit the system size under the guise of "We don't want your system to surge and knock out the block" when what they really never wanted was to pay you anything for the energy you produce that they can then sell to your neighbor at retail rates.

Well yeah they can't make you physically take them off the roof but they can make it to where you can't utilize them.

The whole "surge" deal is a scam and a lie. As if we don't have technology that can prevent that.

California will never let a huge portion of the population go off the grid and if they do, they'll be taxed as if they never got off the grid in the first place. They aren't going to just let PG&E become obsolete or a mere shell of what they currently are. Profits first, clean energy second.

Well yeah they can't make you physically take them off the roof but they can make it to where you can't utilize them.

The whole "surge" deal is a scam and a lie. As if we don't have technology that can prevent that.

California will never let a huge portion of the population go off the grid and if they do, they'll be taxed as if they never got off the grid in the first place. They aren't going to just let PG&E become obsolete or a mere shell of what they currently are. Profits first, clean energy second.
If you've allowed a company to put panels up on your roof prior to permitting and permission to operate and they can't be utilized, you've already been scammed.

If you've allowed a company to put panels up on your roof prior to permitting and permission to operate and they can't be utilized, you've already been scammed.

I don't even have solar because the ROI doesn't work for me.

The permitting should not restrict the ability for people to send clean, renewable energy back to the grid so PG&E can continue to utilize non clean, non renewable energy.

If CA cared about the environment, the permitting laws would lean toward clean renewable energy.

I don't even have solar because the ROI doesn't work for me.

The permitting should not restrict the ability for people to send clean, renewable energy back to the grid so PG&E can continue to utilize non clean, non renewable energy.

If CA cared about the environment, the permitting laws would lean toward clean renewable energy.
I don't disagree. But telling people they are going to pay to have solar installed and the CPUC companies are going to make them take it down is misinformation.

Lot of ignorant views on grid balancing ITT. Usual suspects who hate Big gubmint decrying the end of subsidies which is quite novel.

Don't doubt there are improvements that can be made to the operation of the grid and incentivise installation of solar power, but there are some pretty wild takes.

Anyone who ever had a quote for solar installation is now a policy expert apparently.

I don't disagree. But telling people they are going to pay to have solar installed and the CPUC companies are going to make them take it down is misinformation.

If you have too many solar panels on your house, you either must take them down or stop utilizing them when it comes to sending power back to the grid. That's not misinformation. PG&E doesn't just accept whatever amount of kW you send back to them. There is a limit and it's about 110% of your usage if I remember right.

If you have too many solar panels on your house, you either must take them down or stop utilizing them when it comes to sending power back to the grid. That's not misinformation. PG&E doesn't just accept whatever amount of kW you send back to them. There is a limit and it's about 110% of your usage if I remember right.
I'm not sure how else to explain this to you. If you have too many solar panels on your house, it's because the asshole installer you went with decided to install your panels before they had permitting and permission to do so. There's literally no other way. The amount of red tape that you have to go through just to get the permitting to start the install is massive, and no one wants to do that twice. There must be a signed Home Improvement Contract that then has to have engineering stamps from both the state of California and approval from the CPUC company before you can even put a ladder on the side of the house. Once installed, a CPUC company will then give you what's called Permission to Operate once they've inspected that the system you installed is, in fact, the system you told them you were going to install.

Signed: a Solar Professional.

Also, you don't send kW back to them. kW is the size of the system (number of panels and their size in watts). What you're trying to say, but couldn't do so correctly, is kWh (Kilowatt Hours) which are actual units of energy. You're welcome to continue arguing if you'd like, but you're really bad at it.

Also, you don't send kW back to them. kW is the size of the system (number of panels and their size in watts). What you're trying to say, but couldn't do so correctly, is kWh (Kilowatt Hours) which are actual units of energy. You're welcome to continue arguing if you'd like, but you're really bad at it.

Why so pissy? In my line of work we talk watts, not watt-hours. Watts are a unit of power and watt-hours are a unit of energy. Who gives a shit? Glad you felt like you had your little mic drop moment though.

The point (which I've already made) is that California cares more about profits and taking care of PG&E than they do about utilizing clean renewable energy. That's my point, you can either take it or leave it. Now carry on arguing with every single person who replies to this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back