Trump getting that Latino support. Latino Trump approval up 10 points in a month

Here's the secret. Between you and me.....

Mexicans don't like Central Americans either.

Central Americans are to Mexicans as Mexicans are to Americans

Polls had Hilary winning

The immigration proposal that I saw, admittedly it was probably just an article and somewhat incomplete, seemed like a deal that should have been made. If I remember correctly, it gave the Democrats even more than Obama was asking for, with the exception of an allotment of money for the border wall. That seems like a fair compromise.
Exactly which proposal? Do you mean the compromise Trump offered some months back or the legislative proposal defeated in the last few days?

Make up your mind liar; either the left love sanctuary cities or not

your inconsistency is par for the course
Sanctuary cities aren't helping anyone. Sanctuary cities don't solve the dreamer problem, it doesn't generate immigration reform. Sanctuary cities are the exact opposite of immigration reform.

Nice try. Put more thought in next time, though.

He has tried to limit all forms of non-tourist migration at this point.

Trump certainly seems to think legal immigration should be lower. That's not precisely the same as being against it. I am pro beer, but i only drink it in moderation. I am extremely pro whiskey, but I drink even less of that.

Exactly which proposal? Do you mean the compromise Trump offered some months back or the legislative proposal defeated in the last few days?

This was a while back. I have not been following the last week or so, I didn't even realize anything new happened.

I just quickly read an article, so I could have this wrong, but it seems that this time moderate Republicans teamed with Democrats to write a bill and Republicans shot it down? I might have this wrong, I read one article. Do you have more details?

It seems like the sticking points are building the wall and finding a permanent solution for the Dreamers.

Polls had Hilary winning

So, you are saying the real numbers for Trump are even higher!!! WOOT!!!

Sanctuary cities aren't helping anyone. Sanctuary cities don't solve the dreamer problem, it doesn't generate immigration reform. Sanctuary cities are the exact opposite of immigration reform.

Well, I think the leftists like sanctuary cities because they think all latinos are illegals and criminals. Which the vast majority are not and are pretty good people just trying to work and live a decent life.

He has tried to limit all forms of non-tourist migration at this point.

That is not proof of what you claim.

H1-B1 are VISAs and has nothing to do with immigration at all. It is actually very good for america he is doing this.

No, I don't have many details either. I was just trying to understand what you thought was reasonable. I thought the compromise some time back where Trump got a wall and an end to certain types of immigration in exchange for a path to citizenship for the Dreamers and some others as well seemed like a good compromise. Everyone got something and everyone had something to bitch about.

Whatever the latest effort was, it was being pushed by Ryan and conservatives were against it.

Didn't the republicans just offer something and the dems shot it down? Like a week ago?

Last edited:
Here's the secret. Between you and me.....

Mexicans don't like Central Americans either.

Central Americans are to Mexicans as Mexicans are to Americans

A mexican friend of mine literally told me “ Mexicans don’t even like Mexicans”

There’s definitely some kind of complex there

This was a while back. I have not been following the last week or so, I didn't even realize anything new happened.

I just quickly read an article, so I could have this wrong, but it seems that this time moderate Republicans teamed with Democrats to write a bill and Republicans shot it down? I might have this wrong, I read one article. Do you have more details?
No, I don't have many details either. I was just trying to understand what you thought was reasonable. I thought the compromise some time back where Trump got a wall and an end to certain types of immigration in exchange for a path to citizenship for the Dreamers and some others as well seemed like a good compromise. Everyone got something and everyone had something to bitch about.

Whatever the latest effort was, it was being pushed by Ryan and conservatives were against it.

The right loves the idea ( when it’s convenient apparently) that democrats are an illegals best friend

A mexican friend of mine literally told me “ Mexicans don’t even like Mexicans”

There’s definitely some kind of complex there
It's been a longtime since I've been to Mexico. The last time I was there, I'm not even sure I'd ever heard of a drug cartel. It's a beautiful place with beautiful people. All politics aside, which is probably impossible in this context, but I wish the very best for Mexico and Mexicans.

What you described is the one that I was referring to. It seemed to be a compromise. The Dreamers got a path to citizenship, and Trump got some of his wall.

The recent one seems to still be getting hung up on those two issues from what I read. I think the devil is in the details. It's easy to say "money for a wall" and a "path to citizenship" but I think the hold up is how much money for a wall, and what exactly is that path?

I don't know, and honestly it's too much bullshit and bickering to try to keep up with. These guys are all assholes and I'm tired of hearing about their failures on a weekly basis, so I focus on other things.

Ya right, There's so many Illegal Mexicans he in Orange County.. Im sure they love Trump... ROFL....

"Trump's approval rating fell by 4 percentage points among independents"
His approval rating could be at negative 500 points, and I wouldn’t give a damn!

You and your lefties were fed cake and ice cream for 8 years...time for some veggies!

LOL Guess the left isn't getting their crazy wishes with immigration and etc.

Trump's approval rating was lifted in part by a 10 point climb among Hispanic voters. His approval rating rose by 6 points among Republicans and by 4 points among Democrats compared to last month’s poll. According to the same poll, Trump's approval rating reached its highest point last year, at 49 percent.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/394384-poll-trump-approval-rating-ticks-up-to-47-percent

Guess you got to earn voters instead of own voters.
I can’t remember... is this a day we pay attention to the polls, or a day we call the polls fake news?

Anyway, the poll you cited has Drump’s approval down 4% with independent voters (the only group that really matters).

In the all polls average, his approval is 41.9%... not great, to say the least.
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Back