Trump administration greenlights $324M border wall in Arizona

You mean like the ninth circuit?
No sensible policy will ever pass while we have liberal bullshit like this.

I mean resolving DACA, then securing the border with harsh penalties for employers etc.

Trump trying his best to keep his promise. You guys need a wall, everyone knows it, but libs wont admit it because it was trumps idea

lol that's not why they won't admit it.

they want to flood the country with people.

Hillary supporters don't have any money

This is federally funded. Between red and blue states, red states top the ranks of welfare states taking in more federal tax dollars than they pay. Guess who’s paying more in federal taxes to support these projects and the red welfare states? Blue ones.

Don’t be such a dummy!

No I am not. It’s a border and it’s open. Do we have open borders or not? What’s the point of securing the Southern border while leaving the Northern open to whomever wants to pass.

I take it you’ve never been to the northern border?

It’s not terrain you can just take a stroll through. Oh yeah, do you like bears?

Fwiw, I don’t think folks are considering the cost to remove the old barrier.

Not a night and day difference, but significant nonetheless.

I'm starting to think this border wall thing is a very good idea, creating some work I'd like. I'm starting a wall company. Where do I go to sign up for some of this work. I'll take on about ten Miles or so. Do they pay half up front? Davis bacon wages too baby.
Trump is a genius!

Last edited:
Trump can fund the entire wall with the massive omnibus bill. I expect him to withdraw troops from several pointless, or outdated, conflicts and engagements around the world after replacing Mattis. It's time to focus on the defense of our own country, instead of the defense of other ungrateful nations that are significantly less important to us than they once were.

That $342 million could have been used to hire 3420 new border agents assuming their salary, pension and benefits cost $100k a year each.

That $342 million could have been used to hire 3420 new border agents assuming their salary, pension and benefits cost $100k a year each.

And the almost trillion dollar defense budget could have been used to end world hunger.

That's just not how finances work.

That's SEXIST!! <Ellaria01>

How do you know the person is a Woman? <Moves><Moves><Moves>

But yeah....324 million for just 32 miles....Someone got taken to the cleaners here....yep. <Sansa00>

We did, what type of negotiators do we have?

Replacing dilapidated wall structures in high flow areas isn't bad idea, the bad idea is thinking he's going to build 2,000 miles of wall. Wish he would change the conversation to reflect that. Oh, and get better negotiators.

$10 million per mile seems very steep. This is where my hold up comes in with the wall. Is it really worth over $300 million to make a 30 mile wall? Are there enough illegal immigrants crossing in that 30 mile span to make sense of that level of spending? I don't feel like a wall is going to be effective enough to justify $10 million per mile.

By the way, did they ever decide on which type of wall to build?

It seems no one in the media is asking these questions or trying to be practical about it. Thought conservatives were against pork barrel spending. With how much fox and other conservative news has covered illegal immigration and the wall you'd think they would have gone into depth about it.

I'm starting to think this border wall thing is a very good idea, creating some work I'd like. I'm starting a wall company. Where do I go to sign up for some of this work. I'll take on about ten Miles or so. Do they pay half up front? Davis bacon wages too baby.
Trump is a genius!

Shit ill settle for one mile at these rates.

It seems no one in the media is asking these questions or trying to be practical about it. Thought conservatives were against pork barrel spending. With how much fox and other conservative news has covered illegal immigration and the wall you'd think they would have gone into depth about it.

"Pork barrel spending"? For who?
Do people still think billionaire 72 year old Trump is in office for money?

I'll be surprised if they manage to do this for $10million per mile. To put it mildly.

<{MingNope}>

Walls coming homie <Moves>

We have a wall already, what are you talking about?

Lot of trump supporters act like we don't have any fencing. If you're referring to 2,000 miles of fencing ala China then I got a bridge to sell you

"Pork barrel spending"? For who?
Do people still think billionaire 72 year old Trump is in office for money?

Partially yes, that's why he's passed legislation that has helped his businesses. Also, he received lot of Saudi money that's why he kisses their ass.

Back