Trump administration greenlights $324M border wall in Arizona

glenwo2

Adamantium Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Trump administration greenlights $324M border wall in Arizona

The Arizona border will have 32 miles of existing wall replaced starting next April.

The $324 million project has been given the green light by federal immigration officials, U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced Thursday.

The project will switch out an old barrier that runs from the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector west into the Yuma Sector, which is just miles from Arizona's border with California. The replacement wall is meant to keep pedestrians and vehicles from entering the U.S.

Older barriers were largely to prevent cars from driving over, but were only a few feet tall and did little to keep people from trespassing from Mexico.

The undertaking, which will be paid for by congressional funding for CBP from 2018 legislation, is part of President Trump's January 2017 executive order to secure the country by improving barriers in vulnerable and high-traffic areas.

>>> Trump's not giving up on the Wall no matter how much it costs, apparently. {<shrug}

Trump trying his best to keep his promise. You guys need a wall, everyone knows it, but libs wont admit it because it was trumps idea

SmoggyDefinitiveIndianrhinoceros.gif

Don't need no wall, Barnett will keep em out

Trump supporters cant wait to foot the bill for their 324 million dollar chain link fence upgrade

Trump supporters cant wait to foot the bill for their 324 million dollar chain link fence upgrade

I actually chuckled at that.

Mainly 'cause of this part of the article :

"congressional funding for CBP from 2018 legislation"

Where do these funds come from? It ain't Mexico. <{MindBrown}>

But the WALL is needed, though.

I'll suffer through the Financial bullshit short-term if it means a Proper Wall to protect our borders Long-term.

BTW, financial bullshit = 1 Dolllar donation from my taxes for the Wall.

Oh the humanity. <Moves>

And I agree with the Fence part.

Those are the types of "walls" that didn't prevent the migrants from toppling down.

Hope they have something more to re-inforce them so they can't be torn off or pushed down....

Lol 32 miles. Fucking whoever won that contract must be laughing their tits off

330 million people
1 dollar apiece

That's only for one state. There are not 330 million people in Arizona. And apparently it's only for 32 miles, or about 8% the span of Arizona's border. So if my math is correct, that would extrapolate to over $500 per Arizonan if it were extended for the entire border.

Trump trying his best to keep his promise. You guys need a wall, everyone knows it, but libs wont admit it because it was trumps idea

Only morons know that, given that migration across the border has been negative for a decade.

Hey, 10 million a mile is less than the 20+ a mile in the Rio Grande. .

Our money would be doing much better used elsewhere

That's only for one state. There are not 330 million people in Arizona.

Only morons know that, given that migration across the border has been negative for a decade.

Yeah its not like thousands of people and caravans are headed towards the US border or anything. Oh wait.

That's only for one state. There are not 330 million people in Arizona. And apparently it's only for 32 miles, or about 8% the span of Arizona's border. So if my math is correct, that would extrapolate to over $500 per Arizonan if it were extended for the entire border.

That’s still a bargain. Don’t need a wall everywhere just major parts and you can cover the rest with smart border patrol. Or maybe do something about Mexico being so shitty and they’ll just stop coming up

$10 million a mile. What the fuck is Mexico doing? They must have the worst negotiators in the world. Trump is taking them to the cleaners if he can get them to pay $10 million a mile.

Yeah its not like thousands of people and caravans are headed towards the US border or anything. Oh wait.
Several sources estimated billions (perhaps over $10b) to put up a wall along the entire border. Seems like overkill to stop a caravan filled with a couple thousand people that we are completely aware of and are tracking.....

Older barriers were largely to prevent cars from driving over, but were only a few feet tall and did little to keep people from trespassing from Mexico.
Reminds me of that scene from the Jerk-

The Arizona border will have 32 miles of existing wall replaced starting next April.

Assuming literally everyone in the state pays into it including like...babies and prisoners the infirm the unemployed etc etc.

When do we get one on the Northern border? The right talks about these open borders and how a sovereign nation should have control. Ultimate control will include a Northern border. I assume Republicans are willing to foot the bill for that wall as well?

There should be a way to where if you voted for Hillary Clinton you are the one who pays for it.

Back