Trump administration greenlights $324M border wall in Arizona

Lol 32 miles. Fucking whoever won that contract must be laughing their tits off

That's SEXIST!! <Ellaria01>

How do you know the person is a Woman? <Moves><Moves><Moves>

But yeah....324 million for just 32 miles....Someone got taken to the cleaners here....yep. <Sansa00>

When do we get one on the Northern border? The right talks about these open borders and how a sovereign nation should have control. Ultimate control will include a Northern border. I assume Republicans are willing to foot the bill for that wall as well?

I know you must be joking

Trump administration greenlights $324M border wall in Arizona

The Arizona border will have 32 miles of existing wall replaced starting next April.

The $324 million project has been given the green light by federal immigration officials, U.S. Customs and Border Protection announced Thursday.

The project will switch out an old barrier that runs from the Border Patrol's Tucson Sector west into the Yuma Sector, which is just miles from Arizona's border with California. The replacement wall is meant to keep pedestrians and vehicles from entering the U.S.

Older barriers were largely to prevent cars from driving over, but were only a few feet tall and did little to keep people from trespassing from Mexico.

The undertaking, which will be paid for by congressional funding for CBP from 2018 legislation, is part of President Trump's January 2017 executive order to secure the country by improving barriers in vulnerable and high-traffic areas.

>>> Trump's not giving up on the Wall no matter how much it costs, apparently. {<shrug}
if Trump was funny he would build a wall after the wall

The Arizona border will have 32 miles of existing wall replaced starting next April.
OK, keep going now. Almost there-

Older barriers were largely to prevent cars from driving over, but were only a few feet tall and did little to keep people from trespassing from Mexico.

I know you must be joking

No I am not. It’s a border and it’s open. Do we have open borders or not? What’s the point of securing the Southern border while leaving the Northern open to whomever wants to pass.

That's SEXIST!! <Ellaria01>

How do you know the person is a Woman? <Moves><Moves><Moves>

But yeah....324 million for just 32 miles....Someone got taken to the cleaners here....yep. <Sansa00>

Trump: Im going to build a wall

Mexicans 1: we done with that tunnel yet??
Mexican 2: wait...why dont we just walk around the wall where it ends?
Mexican 3: let's do both!

$10 million per mile seems very steep. This is where my hold up comes in with the wall. Is it really worth over $300 million to make a 30 mile wall? Are there enough illegal immigrants crossing in that 30 mile span to make sense of that level of spending? I don't feel like a wall is going to be effective enough to justify $10 million per mile.

By the way, did they ever decide on which type of wall to build?

$10 million per mile seems very steep. This is where my hold up comes in with the wall. Is it really worth over $300 million to make a 30 mile wall? Are there enough illegal immigrants crossing in that 30 mile span to make sense of that level of spending? I don't feel like a wall is going to be effective enough to justify $10 million per mile.

its a good time to be in the wall building business

About $1900 a foot sounds even worse.

While the wall will provide a large amount of short time low paying jobs, it’s true impact will be the long term loss of middle class jobs as we won’t need as many BPA patrolling the border since this wall is impenetrable.

They could use the mexicans trying to get into the build the wall. But make sure they build from their side only, so that they build themselves out of America.

Who cares how much it costs, Mexico will pay for it.
Let's just build it, big and expensive

Trump trying his best to keep his promise. You guys need a wall, everyone knows it, but libs wont admit it because it was trumps idea

Honestly I think policy would serve better than a actual wall. There will always be holes that can be worked around.

Honestly I think policy would serve better than a actual wall. There will always be holes that can be worked around.

You mean like the ninth circuit?
No sensible policy will ever pass while we have liberal bullshit like this.

Back