Top 3 Worst UFC debuts.

Crocop vs Gonzaga wasn't Crocop's debut in the UFC, he beat Eddie Sanchez in the first round you filthy casuals!

BR0bb2l.gif

ouqn4rpssg901.gif
I will never understand Wand in that fight. Just jumped in front fo Vitor and started eating rights and lefts, made no sense

What consists of contender worthy worst debuts? I don't think a fight like shogun vs forest should count since it was an awesome competitive fight. A terrible debut should be an embarrassing loss not a competitive battle lost. Toney was bad, wanderlei, Denis Kang, that guy with one glove. I wouldn't even count Brock's debut since he showed so much potential in such a short match that people just went holy shit that guy can move, wait until he learns sub defense.

Cool story bro, but whos debut was that?

+1 for Mark Hunt. He was on a skid when he arrived in UFC (a very rare situation), and I had heard a lot about him getting in great shape which was quite true, after all he was weighing in 300+lbs in his last fights in DREAM.

He got submitted easily by Sean McCorkle, who is a big but not a high level fighter. After his fights outside the UFC and then this terrible performance, nobody expected him to have the success that he has had.

Couple obscure ones....

Sexyama was 2-5 in UFC

Jorge Santiago 0-4 in 2 stints....a lot of hype originally

Lombard, Will Brooks, and CM Punk are top 3 though

Worst UFC endings to career.....Nate Marquardt is 3-9 in his last 12....yikes

lombard also. dude was like 30-2 or some shit and was ranked in the top 10 at 185 at the time. dude lost a decision to tim boetsch

I will never understand Wand in that fight. Just jumped in front fo Vitor and started eating rights and lefts, made no sense
It looks really bad but wand was always a counter brawler and I think he waited for Vitor to throw and didn't realize how fast 20 year old Vitor was (like many others)

Also because they never rematched, no one knows if it would have been different the second time around

Sorry, but people saying cro cop, forget that loss for him wasn't his debut. That being said...I honestly thought Eddie would beat cowboy

Scott Morris (Patrick Smith's opponent)
CM PUNK
Priscila Cachoeira (Bullet's opponent)
Paul Herrera (Gary Goodridge's opponent)

Yeah ok, we can't all have A-level, once ever memories. Please keep the contributions coming though.

Couple obscure ones....

Sexyama was 2-5 in UFC

Jorge Santiago 0-4 in 2 stints....a lot of hype originally

Lombard, Will Brooks, and CM Punk are top 3 though

Worst UFC endings to career.....Nate Marquardt is 3-9 in his last 12....yikes
{<huh}Akiyamas debut won FOTN

Denis Kang. Pride GP finalist, thought he was going to have a decent run in a weak MW division.
Gets sub'd by Belcher, and was gone from the UFC a couple fights later.

Back