Top 3 Worst UFC debuts.

MadDogMahoney

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I know there is a successful thread on Top 3 Favourite Fighters, so let's switch it around without straight up fighter-bashing.

Which 3, in your mind, had the most underwhelming UFC debut performance?

They don't have to be cans, could even be current high-ranked fighters.

I'm curious to know what y'all think.

CM Punk, James Tony, Rolles Gracie

Wanderlei - killed by Vitor
Rockhold - killed by Vitor
Hunt - killed by Vi... Sorry no subbed by McCorkle

Was pretty lame that Pettis was beat by Guida in his debut.
CM Punk
Anyone who never had a 2nd fight in the UFC.

The chick that just got smashed on by Valentina was a pretty shit debut

Also Sean Gannon and Kimbo Slice

Cro Cop was pretty bad, and then it got worse.

All good shouts so far, a few late stoppages as well sadly. I'm trying to think of some more recent ones but it's hard. Unlike a great performance, you try to forget it I suppose.

Shogun subbed by Forrest
Hunt subbed by McCorkle
Pettis easily UD'd by Guida

CM Punk wasn't even competitive.

Well from what I've heard CM Crunk has his blue belt now and is taking training seriously. When he comes back he may do a bit better.

BR0bb2l.gif

ouqn4rpssg901.gif

Based on expectations, gotta say CroCop, Shogun, and Anthony Pettis (UD'd by Guida in his first UFC fight coming off of the "Showtime Kick" fight to win the WEC belt over Bendo).

All three were expected to challenge for if not outright win their respective titles ASAP.

For me

Jake Shields
-Shields still won but I thought Shields would of made Kampmann look like an amateur.

Anthony Pettis
-I remember the hype from the media and one of my friends leading up to this fight. I didn't expect Guida to do him like that. I remember my friend spazzing out on me because I said this fight could be 30-26 for Guida.

Hector Lombard
-Thought this dude would of walked through the MW division with ease and I dreamed of a Silva vs Lombard title fight since Lombard was in Bellator. In 10 UFC fights, Lombard is 3-6-1NC.

there are many worse, but hector comes to mind, dunno why.

Will brooks, based on hype alone, David branch, also based on hype. And i guess number 3 would be my boy Hunto

Back