Top 3 Worst UFC debuts.

CM Punk, James Tony, Rolles Gracie

CM Punki had a great debut. He came in with zero matches and left with 500,000 dollars.

James Toney was the same thing. No matches and left with 500 grand as well.

Rolles Gracie.... well that's a different story. He loses to Joey fucking Beltran and gets just 15k, and his UFC career is done.

BR0bb2l.gif

This is probably the right answer. Absolute legend and killer, and crowd and Vegas favorite gets stopped with his own finisher, and is literally never the same fighter afterwards.

This hurt me. A lot. I recall my friends saying I dropped my jaw to the floor and was noticeably sad after it.

Denis Kang. Pride GP finalist, thought he was going to have a decent run in a weak MW division.
Gets sub'd by Belcher, and was gone from the UFC a couple fights later.

To be fair though, he was dominating both, Bisping and Belcher, before suddenly losing.

Very talented, but a head case.

To be fair though, he was dominating both, Bisping and Belcher, before suddenly losing.

Very talented, but a head case.

Yeah. I don't really remember the Belcher fight, but I thought for sure he had Bisping finished. Knocked Bisping loopy and had him beaten silly, then just totally ran out of gas and got used as a punching bag till he fell over and died. Bit of bad luck and some really inexplicable shit from him, pretty much the story of his post Pride career.

Yeah. I don't really remember the Belcher fight, but I thought for sure he had Bisping finished. Knocked Bisping loopy and had him beaten silly, then just totally ran out of gas and got used as a punching bag till he fell over and died. Bit of bad luck and some really inexplicable shit from him, pretty much the story of his post Pride career.

I remember the Belcher fight well.

Kang dominated on the feet and took him down at will. Same thing in the 2nd, until an ill timed double right into a guillotine right at the end. Oddly sloppy after a great performance.

Josh Grispi. Took a “tuneup” fight before he was supposed to fight Aldo for the title and got tuned up by Poirier.

Poirier also gets the nod for most impressive first fight for me.

Josh Grispi. Took a “tuneup” fight before he was supposed to fight Aldo for the title and got tuned up by Poirier.

Poirier also gets the nod for most impressive first fight for me.

Had to look that one up. Seems he lost every fight after that. Damn.

Hector Lombard, they hyped him up big, and his UFC debut fight was absolute garbage, it was unwatchable snoozefest of him losing

Mark Hunt got subbed by McCorkle

Jacare got TKO'd by Patino in his MMA debut

Jesus Christ. Was that the one where he just straight up quit?

I don't really remember, just that he was allowed to fight Chris Leben as payback for the guy pissing on his bed and instead got the shit beaten out of him. I vaguely remember the commentary saying something like he didn't manage to land a punch.

I remember feeling very sorry for Brandon Wolff in his UFC debut. Trapped in Ben Saunders Thai clinch, knee'd to oblivion without landing a single significant strike and left with a very nasty looking haematoma on his forehead.

wolf_12236_display_image.jpg

Based on expectations, gotta say CroCop, Shogun, and Anthony Pettis (UD'd by Guida in his first UFC fight coming off of the "Showtime Kick" fight to win the WEC belt over Bendo).

All three were expected to challenge for if not outright win their respective titles ASAP.

Cro Cop won his UFC debut

My boy Damir Hadzovic got ko'ed in his debut in Croatia that was pretty bad.
Also that guy Dan Stittgen or whatever he's name was who Wonderboy head kicked into oblivion

Heath Herring

Exactly...I remember this fight night card...They kept calling it "the debut of international superstar HEATH HERRING"....

He was taken down and controlled....He had so much swag walking to the cage, and while in the cage...His stance was even different than his Pride days...He thought he was a huge star that night...The UFC hype had already gotten to him...

Back