Tony wins this, Khabib too one-dimensional!?

MastaMarek

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
ok, am I not seeing this through correctly?

I've finally seen khabib vs barboza fight and ... he's great and all but its just wrestling and gnp. Nothing else is impressive.

Tony, will be 100% ready for gnp and takedowns and he's amazing on ground as well.

I just think Tony has too much to offer here. good striking, creative, amazing cardio etc.

Khabib is amazing at takedown but what if ... what if ... Tony ... like ... actually will be ready and prepared for them!? what can Khabib offer if his gnp isn't enough to finish Tony in early rounds. Barboza seemed to survive this mythical gnp from Khabib.

... am I not seeing something in Khabib that everyone else is seeing or I'm the only one that values facts over speculations. Facts are ... Tony is just too well rounded and has a much better cardio. Who knows what can happen is this fight goes past round 3. Khabib never did anything past round 3, and he never fought anyone like Tony.

Khabib too one-dimensional!?
<{cruzshake}>

Dude has 8 KOs and 8 Subs.
And a good chin.
And great TDs.
And Judo.
And wrestling.
That's enough dimensions for me.

I don't see it. Khabib will be too strong on the ground.

Who cares. Conor is laughing at those guys, he knows he's the actual champ. He knows he's got far superior stand up, and decent takedown defence. He's litterally laughing right now, picking and choosing.

You don't understand the game.

It's a great style match up for sure TS.

Let's hope they both make it to the fight.

Tibau beat khabib. Tony beat Tibau. So Tony wins!
MMA math bro

I was with you until the Tony X Lee fight

usa_today_10334424.0.jpg

So you don't think the other people were preparing for the same? Lol

Frankie said nobody was taking down Barboza in the gym leading up to the fight.

Khabib stikes good enough to get to grappling.

Still hope for Tony's win.

I've finally seen khabib vs barboza fight and ... he's great and all but its just wrestling and gnp. Nothing else is impressive.

Tony, will be 100% ready for gnp and takedowns and he's amazing on ground as well.

I just think Tony has too much to offer here. good striking, creative, amazing cardio etc.

Khabib is amazing at takedown but what if ... what if ... Tony ... like ... actually will be ready and prepared for them!? what can Khabib offer if his gnp isn't enough to finish Tony in early rounds. Barboza seemed to survive this mythical gnp from Khabib.

... am I not seeing something in Khabib that everyone else is seeing or I'm the only one that values facts over speculations. Facts are ... Tony is just too well rounded and has a much better cardio. Who knows what can happen is this fight goes past round 3. Khabib never did anything past round 3, and he never fought anyone like Tony.

Tony has the skillset, attributes and intangibles to beat Khabib.

Not many guys do; I think an explosive, pin point striker with great distance control could do it, but Tony's style could do it too.

It doesn't matter how good a guy is off his back when it comes to Khabib. Watch how he controls his opponents legs. The reason his opponents can't get up is because they are usually flat on their ass and there is no "off the back" at that point. They are basically using their hands to get up which opens them up for the GnP. Tony needs to be in full or half guard to get his submissions off, not on his ass hand fighting to get to his feet. No amount of cardio can help you hand fight to your feet in that situation.

The gargoyle has no chance Khabib takes it easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back