Tony wins this, Khabib too one-dimensional!?

He is so good at that one dimension that he trumps all other skillsets of his opponents and that will exactly happen to Tony.

TS described himself perfectly with his first sentence.

I read the whole OP. But after reading it all. Returning to the opening sentence explained it all.

Khabib has looked unstoppable but I'm betting Tony.

Khabib will probably go in as a slight favorite, but it should be a Pick-Em fight imo.

I'll only be disappointed if the fight ends early or by DQ. I hope they fight to an exciting draw so they can rematch in Russia leaving McNuggets on the outside.

Who cares. Conor is laughing at those guys, he knows he's the actual champ. He knows he's got far superior stand up, and decent takedown defence. He's litterally laughing right now, picking and choosing.

He is avoiding them. That is why he will not fight either one and is willing to be stripped before doing so. It’s funny how he won’t fight the best in the division he is a champion of but when a guy in the division below does not have a fight Conor is ready to go.

We are laughing at him.

Tony is good at everything, not great, nor amazing at anything. If anything, he is more of a striker.

I do enjoy watching Tony, but his bottom game isn't as amazing as you think. It is fun, against guys like Barboza..

Rest assured, after this fight, Tony will be wondering how on earth you fight a guy like Khabib. It's going to be just another one sided beatdown.

Tony's cardio advantage isn't enough, his skill set isn't as strong, and well, his only real advantage is he's a total wild card. Sometimes that's enough. But rarely enough to stay up top very long. Khabib has what it takes to be another long time champion. Tony does not.

ok, am I not seeing this through correctly?

I've finally seen khabib vs barboza fight and ... he's great and all but its just wrestling and gnp. Nothing else is impressive.

Tony, will be 100% ready for gnp and takedowns and he's amazing on ground as well.

I just think Tony has too much to offer here. good striking, creative, amazing cardio etc.

Khabib is amazing at takedown but what if ... what if ... Tony ... like ... actually will be ready and prepared for them!? what can Khabib offer if his gnp isn't enough to finish Tony in early rounds. Barboza seemed to survive this mythical gnp from Khabib.

... am I not seeing something in Khabib that everyone else is seeing or I'm the only one that values facts over speculations. Facts are ... Tony is just too well rounded and has a much better cardio. Who knows what can happen is this fight goes past round 3. Khabib never did anything past round 3, and he never fought anyone like Tony.
Yeah tony has more arsenal but won’t be able to use it if he’s stuck on the ground. The way Khabib GnP usually is not full guard so Tony won’t be able to elbow from the bottom as much. Tony is all heart but can’t see him winning

Man's got a point here... if it was Khabib in top of Tony here, end of story... Will be an amazing fight though!

Yea, I'm not so sure its end of story. In 9 UFC fights, Khabib has gone to decision 5 times. He has failed to finish much lesser fighters than El Cucuy.

Rest assured, after this fight, Tony will be wondering how on earth you fight a guy like Khabib. It's going to be just another one sided beatdown.

Tony's cardio advantage isn't enough, his skill set isn't as strong, and well, his only real advantage is he's a total wild card. Sometimes that's enough. But rarely enough to stay up top very long. Khabib has what it takes to be another long time champion. Tony does not.

Tony has better cardio, better striking, and better BJJ. Just being a wildcard doesn't get you 10 consecutive wins in the LW division which is where Tony currently is in the streak. Either guy could win here, be sure of that.

I was with you until the Tony X Lee fight

usa_today_10334424.0.jpg

This is the fight that makes believe Khabib wins.

This was Kevin Lee with staph infection which was very visible on this chest.

If he wasn't sick ... he probably wins that fight.

Tony has better cardio, better striking, and better BJJ. Just being a wildcard doesn't get you 10 consecutive wins in the LW division which is where Tony currently is in the streak. Either guy could win here, be sure of that.

Lol,
Cardio = Not better enough
Striking = probably, but it's not going to matter off his back.
BJJ = Maybe on the BJJ side, but Khabib smokes him in the overall grappling department every day of the week so his BJJ skills will land him a false sense of security and he'll think he's fine on the ground.

Tony is going to get embarrassed. Just watch lol.

Tony is good at everything, not great, nor amazing at anything. If anything, he is more of a striker.

I do enjoy watching Tony, but his bottom game isn't as amazing as you think. It is fun, against guys like Barboza..

I would disagree. Tony has won 10 consecutive fights, finishing 7 of the 10 fighters, 6 of them via submission. When you submit 6 of your last 10 opponents in the UFC, that makes you great at something.

Lol,
Cardio = Not better enough
Striking = probably, but it's not going to matter off his back.
BJJ = Maybe on the BJJ side, but Khabib smokes him in the overall grappling department every day of the week so his BJJ skills will land him a false sense of security and he'll think he's fine on the ground.

Tony is going to get embarrassed. Just watch lol.

I don't pretend to know what is going to happen in this fight, its too close. Either could win. You should be careful though because you might be the one that gets embarrassed.

Yea, I'm not so sure its end of story. In 9 UFC fights, Khabib has gone to decision 5 times. He has failed to finish much lesser fighters than El Cucuy.
I love El Cucuy! But I dont think we will be able to defend Khabib's takedowns... Not sure if Khabib will finish him, but we'll see pretty much what we saw at the MJ or the barboza fights... Although El cucuy has way better JJ... damn what a great fight!!

I love El Cucuy! But I dont think we will be able to defend Khabib's takedowns... Not sure if Khabib will finish him, but we'll see pretty much what we saw at the MJ or the barboza fights... Although El cucuy has way better JJ... damn what a great fight!!

It is a tremendous fight, and Khabib may destroy, but don't be surprised if he doesn't. El Cucuy is 10 times better on the mat than MJ or Barboza and he's better standing than Khabib as well.

Tony is slick off his back but he doesn't seem to be that great at avoiding ground and pound or staying in good positions. This is a major concern against Khabib.

The “one-dimensional” argument is fucking stupid.

Im actually an amateur fighter myself, and I’d wager my stand up quite a bit better than let’s say Jordan Burroughs.

However if we were to fight there’s a good chance at him throwing me to the ground and punching me in the head for several rounds especially if he trained in sub defense for just a few months.

Back