Tomorrow is the big day!

My first UFC was 47, I was pissed I missed the Genki Sudo fight because we pre-gamed a little long, but the rest of the card was an ultimate blockbuster and sold me on live events for years. I think just about every fight was a KO or TKO that night, and the place was erupting with energy, especially after the Diaz/Lawler fight.

I try to make at least 3-4 cards a year, depending on how many great fights are in the LA or Las Vegas area. Try the VIP experience if you haven't, it's cool to do at last once.
Thanks man and yeah Genki has really grown on me lately. Missed him completely back then. I will try to do the VIP one day in Vegas.

Dude! So stoked for you.

I saw Shogun Machida 2 in Montreal, and Jones vs Gus 1 in Toronto.

Nothing tops live MMA you're gonna love it.

Have fun Wombat! Live UFC's are amazing I haven't been able to go to once in like 8 years though but the ones I did were special.

Thanks to all. You guys have made me even more excited. I want to start drinking now but Imma control myself. Who knows might make it back to OZ for Whittaker Gas!

My first UFC live in the flesh. So fucking geed up it feels like the night before Christmas. Yes its not the most exciting card and there isn't a title on the line but this has been 20 years in the making. Thought I would share it with my Sherbros.

Back in the late 90's Dad told me about this tournament. The Chinese whispers that we heard was people died and there are no rules and its illegal. Obviously like many things about Martial Arts back then, lots of shit was exaggerated or just plain lies. Saw UFC 1 on VHS when I was around 11/12 and thought it was brutal but didn't look like a legit sport.

Move on a few years and I started paying attention when Tito was fighting. The whole Shamrock 1 feud was what stood out and as a teen the banter got me interested. Then there was a few years off until around 04/05 I started becoming a hardcore. I went back and watched them all from 1. Got into Pride. Always wishing that one fucking day I could experience it. Well tomorrow is that day!

So my fellow just bleeders, what was your first UFC like? How was the atmosphere, the buzz, the vibe?
Also if you see a guy in the crowd attempting to do a JB guy face or like the Crazy Brazilian guy, thats me!

8rWSPVW.gif

DOn't want to spoil your fun, but don't kill your own buzz by imagining too much and ending up disappointed.

Enjoy for what it is, a once in a lifetime event and HAVE FUN.
The fights will be harder to watch, you don't get commentators and the view is obstructed, so many times you have no clue what is going on and who is winning, etc.

But the experience as a whole is amazing, and I am happy you get to experience it.

DOn't want to spoil your fun, but don't kill your own buzz by imagining too much and ending up disappointed.

Enjoy for what it is, a once in a lifetime event and HAVE FUN.
The fights will be harder to watch, you don't get commentators and the view is obstructed, so many times you have no clue what is going on and who is winning, etc.

But the experience as a whole is amazing, and I am happy you get to experience it.
Yeah probably like most sports its better on TV but when I saw Lombard in Sydney from the 3rd row I hadn't seen anyone throw in the flesh so hectic before. Imagine seeing a prime Tyson front row in Vegas. Now that is awesome.

Yeah probably like most sports its better on TV but when I saw Lombard in Sydney from the 3rd row I hadn't seen anyone throw in the flesh so hectic before. Imagine seeing a prime Tyson front row in Vegas. Now that is awesome.
I hear ya!
And agree!
There's no substitute for "being there"!

Enjoy bro!

Went to an UFC event a couple of years ago, i guess i was too old to be crazy about it. Just watched the jumbotron the whole time + no strong beer at the bars.

I hear ya!
And agree!
There's no substitute for "being there"!
TBH I dont know what to expect. Not the greatest card on paper, in BA and my Spanish sucks. If its half the atmosphere for their soccer games then it will be fun as.

Enjoy bro!

Went to an UFC event a couple of years ago, i guess i was to old to be crazy about it. Just watched the jumbotron the whole time + no strong beer at the bars.
Where were you?

UFC on Fox 14 - Gustafsson vs Rumble.

30k people in the audience, crazy numbers, but Gus got r@ped by Rumble and it was an anticlimax to the max.
Ah Sweden right? So makes sense for the lite beers. Think South America might be better. Hmmm actually you cant drink at the soccer...

My first event was UFC 172.

Jones v Teixeira
Return Rumble at 205
Rockhold v boetsch
Jim Miller armbar
Gomi winning
Flying knee KO
Max Holloway
Etc.

It was awesome

Ah Sweden right? So makes sense for the lite beers. Think South America might be better. Hmmm actually you cant drink at the soccer...
Exactly, you can only get 3,5% beer at the arenas here, and i need at least 5% to get the JBG to come out.

Have a blast man!

<{JustBleed}>

Exactly, you can only get 3,5% beer at the arenas here, and i need at least 5% to get the JBG to come out.

Have a blast man!

<{JustBleed}>
Trying to find out if we can drink or not...
Edit: Looks like they're special passes in VIP that you have an open bar so guessing the normal bar charges otherwise would be fuct if the rich fucks can drink but we cant haha.

TBH I dont know what to expect. Not the greatest card on paper, in BA and my Spanish sucks. If its half the atmosphere for their soccer games then it will be fun as.
hahaha
It is better that you don't have expectations! Let it all in, my friend, and enjoy it!
No matter if it is not the best card... heck, even better than it is not! Because the fights are the least of what you will see/experience!

I have never gone to a UFC event.

I dont think I will ever actually go to one.

I love watching the fights. But im a amped up type of person. I can easily see myself getting into multiple fights at an event.

The distance i keep is for the better of all of mankind

My first UFC live in the flesh. So fucking geed up it feels like the night before Christmas. Yes its not the most exciting card and there isn't a title on the line but this has been 20 years in the making. Thought I would share it with my Sherbros.

Back in the late 90's Dad told me about this tournament. The Chinese whispers that we heard was people died and there are no rules and its illegal. Obviously like many things about Martial Arts back then, lots of shit was exaggerated or just plain lies. Saw UFC 1 on VHS when I was around 11/12 and thought it was brutal but didn't look like a legit sport.

Move on a few years and I started paying attention when Tito was fighting. The whole Shamrock 1 feud was what stood out and as a teen the banter got me interested. Then there was a few years off until around 04/05 I started becoming a hardcore. I went back and watched them all from 1. Got into Pride. Always wishing that one fucking day I could experience it. Well tomorrow is that day!

So my fellow just bleeders, what was your first UFC like? How was the atmosphere, the buzz, the vibe?
Also if you see a guy in the crowd attempting to do a JB guy face or like the Crazy Brazilian guy, thats me!

8rWSPVW.gif

Enjoy dude. Live mma events are really amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back