To the left, what is your biggest concern with Trump currently?

Leftwing, What is your biggest concern with Trump currently?

• Total voters
Let's try to keep this poll for the left, non Trump voters or people who feel very critical of Trump at the moment.

I want to get a feel for what their biggest concern is at the moment.

If I missed one, let me know, maybe I can add it to the poll.

For me, it's the normalising of behaviours that just would not be done previously around self enrichment and low scale corruption. It's small things like owning the Post Office building, the use of Mar-a-Lago and the lack of divestment.

For me, it's the normalising of behaviours that just would not be done previously around self enrichment and low scale corruption. It's small things like owning the Post Office building, the use of Mar-a-Lago and the lack of divestment.
There should be a poll option for something along these lines. I would choose it.

Hard to pick, I would say either NK/International Relations or long-term effects on the economy by reducing faith in the market, which has taken a hit as of late.

Basically, I fear that Trump will keep upping the ante for his precious reality TV show to the point of causing the market to lose confidence, and that will ripple out and stymie business growth in a time when we are right there capable of really changing the world via tech and industrial revolution.

Trump is a weak ass piece of shit.

Hard to pick, I would say either NK/International Relations or long-term effects on the economy by reducing faith in the market, which has taken a hit as of late.

Basically, I fear that Trump will keep upping the ante for his precious reality TV show to the point of causing the market to lose confidence, and that will ripple out and stymie business growth in a time when we are right there capable of really changing the world via tech and industrial revolution.

Trump is a weak ass piece of shit.

The stock market has been through the damn roof since the election, not sure what market youre talking about...

a couple bad days somehow undoes all the gains of the past 7 months? you wish pal (which is sickening that anyone living here would actually root against our country because of butt hurt feelings)

@Fawlty - I'm watching closely which radial you click sir!
lol

In the short term it's the North Korea debacle that concerns me most. Long term probably healthcare. I think the economy will keep doing fine and is largely unaffected by what the president does. Unless he starts Bannon's trade war with China. Then shit becomes unpredictable. Ever since the latest budget activity, which corrects Trump's tantrum earlier this year, things look better. The congress is keeping him mostly in check, which is something the country took a huge fucking gamble on.

You said the left was ideologically empty.

I told you ideals.

You are now debating that the right better accomplishes these ideals.

I disagree. I also disagree that universal healthcare and affordable education are impractical, seeing as most of the devoloped world provides its citizens with these benefits.

In any case, I've shown that the left is not "ideologically empty."

If people would stop denigrating the basic integrity of the other side, we could focus on debating policy, which is actually how democracy is supposed to work.

It's empty rhetoric.

Shit that sounds good, but doesn't work in the real world.

There's no substance inside their policy suggestions. When they asked Bernie how he planned on paying for this stuff, it was glaringly obvious, he's never even thought about it. Turns out Bernie doesn't even walk the walk. Dude drives a sports car and his wife's a crook. SAD!

a couple bad days somehow undoes all the gains of the past 7 months? you wish pal (which is sickening that anyone living here would actually root against our country because of butt hurt feelings)

the rise was speculative, based on Trump enacting a pro business agenda. Over the last 8 months, Trump has showed that his behaviors by and by get in the way of his agenda. He's also severed his relationship with the CEO world. The markets are in a downward trend based on these very observations.

You're mistaking your partisan temper tantrum for rational thinking.

the rise was speculative? so people werent actually making tons of money? LOL

go back to reading huffpost or vice while being a bitter little man, you know nothing of the stock market

Let's try to keep this poll for the left, non Trump voters or people who feel very critical of Trump at the moment.

I want to get a feel for what their biggest concern is at the moment.

If I missed one, let me know, maybe I can add it to the poll.

You need to add emotionally and psychologically unfit to be president. No joke. It isn't about all the policies. I know you dont want this to be an option but it is the real problem.

the rise was speculative? so people werent actually making tons of money? LOL

go back to reading huffpost or vice while being a bitter little man, you know nothing of the stock market

First claim doesn't cohere.

Second claim is untrue. I've read neither.

Overall, you're just shit posting.

dude you just made a claim that it was all speculation as if actual money wasnt being made. you dont know shit

Sure.

The meme of conservatives being against environmental protection, is false. Conservatives spend far more time in the actual environments the left pretend to care about. Their livelihoods depend on clean air, clean water, etc. By extension, liberals generally have far more negative environmental impact.

Going out into the woods or working outside doesn't mean squat, you can still do all that and have a negative impact on the environment. What's your basis for saying that liberals generally have a 'far' more negative environmental impact? Who are you even counting as a liberal in this case? Regardless, major industrial practices contribute much more to environmental issues than the carbon footprint of particular individuals. Attempting to solve the issue would require a mix of changes including regulations, which have had a noticeable impact (see picture below of L.A), continued investment in new or improved energy sources, and the changes of personal habits in a majority of the country.

IK4Tri0L6hGsMgMv6C0dNbD34FHwQ_gj4seiOnORKaFupyWpzCdj9e7ioXhvEcFXkZ3ORPdTQUFEjl8lzk5cdoO6w2vc2nUb0JOxMFWbU-08U8wHVxZ22tLeX8PuW4U78itrrm4

Universal healthcare has consequences. See the young boy in the U.K. Hell , look at our own VA horror stories. The problem with the lefts suggestion of universal healthcare, is it's never mentioned how they'll pay for it.

Firstly, if someone goes to the emergency room, they will be treated whether they have insurance or not, and that contributes to the rise in insurance rates, so when you ask who pays for it, the answer is still the people with insurance whether you're talking about universal healthcare or whatever the fuck kind of healthcare you'd classify our system as. In the countries which have it, universal healthcare is paid by tax money, but it's something that everyone contributes to so the people who can't afford insurance right now would pay into it. If you're bringing up horror stories from the U.K or Canada, you should at least look at the stories from people in our health system who have insurance, let alone the stories from people who don't have any, but you don't have to rely on word of mouth and stories, you can just look at health statistics. Here's the easiest statistic to look at and understand: life expectancy. As of 2015, we're 43rd, behind pretty much all of the European countries with universal health-care, Canada, and even the Virgin Islands. Wouldn't the best system at least result in the best life expectancy?

Our system fails because the every healthcare transaction has at least three hands snatching from your pocket: the hospital, the doctor, and the insurance company. writing hospital / healthcare bills are an act of dark sorcery. Look at one and the prices are just a fucking joke, everything is marked up anywhere from 10% to 10,000%, and the insurance company will bargain away a good chunk of the bill right off the back, but if you don't have insurance you're stuck paying the full thing. Our health-care system is massively fucked up, and it needs a change badly. Don't try to blame that shit on obama-care either, the rates were gonna go up either way, and even if the affordable health care act is repealed, the insurance rates would still go up. It's because there's absolutely nothing stopping the insurance company from raising the rates.

The same thing for education. They say, "free college for everyone", but who pays the guy who changes the lights? Who cleans the floors?

He said affordable college, not free college. College tuition rates have skyrocketed since the 1980's when the colleges began the move towards privatization away from state funding. in the 1970's inflation adjusted tuition costs were actually going down rather than up. Since the 1980's and the embrace of self-sufficient funding trends, inflation adjusted tuition rates have done nothing but rise, and the quality of instructors has gone down as well. Now many classes are taught by graduate students, let alone associate professors or full blown tenured professors. The cost go up but the money spent on the education itself goes down. Clearly a change in the system is necessary, and even if not's necessarily universal higher education, colleges shouldn't be able to peddle a shitty education and charge a fortune.

Your post actually reinforces my "liberalism is ideologically empty".

Watch this shit. It's basically just name-calling. Post respectfully, get treated respectfully. Don't, and you won't.

It's a bunch of feel good shit that doesn't work in the real world. At least not as it's presented currently. You simply can't give everything to everyone, for free.

This is absolutely not true. FDR totally reshaped our society with progressive policies. Then basically every president who followed him from Eisenhower through Nixon implemented some progressive policies of their own. It's worked in our country and guided us through the biggest time of prosperity we ever had: from post WWI through the end of the 1960's. Now you're probably thinking, but Nixon and Eisenhower were Republicans and they were but they implemented progressive policies. Eisenhower's corporate tax rates for the biggest corporations were more than 50%, and personal income for the highest bracket was 90%. Nixon started the EPA.

Looks like some yellow dude has a case of the last wordsies.

Back