To the left, what is your biggest concern with Trump currently?

Leftwing, What is your biggest concern with Trump currently?

• Total voters
i fear his hair toupee might blow off when the next out of control guided nuclear armed missile cruiser flys by

If that's true, that's pretty evil. I've never heard this until this past week, so I'd have to research it some more to find out if it's true.
Well when considering the times I wouldn't call it evil but do we really need to have monuments up of him ?

Well when considering the times I wouldn't call it evil but do we really need to have monuments up of him ?
Those actions are evil no matter what the era. Did Lee commit those actions, I don't know. I've heard other stories that contradict that narrative of him.

From what I've heard of him and from people of that era, they all considered him a great general and a great man. So do we need a statue of him? I understand that's debatable today, but way back then, people thought that we needed to have a statue of him. And I think there's good reason to still have it today. And I think it would be a shame to take it down.

Last edited by a moderator:
That he's going to start another war. To be fair that was my biggest fear with Clinton too.

I'm old enough to remember the dems hating Nixon, then Ford, then Reagan, then Bush, then Bush jr., and now Trump. I'm going out on a limb and predict that the next Repub President with be labelled stupid and racist and will be hated by the dems and the media. You can flip the parties and do the same on the other side, though I don't remember hatred for Carter but certainly for Clinton and Obama. Carter was very unpopular but I don't remember personal hatred. Ford was mostly hated for pardoning Nixon.

Dems didn't attack Trump for wanting to destroy social security, which is normally a standard charge against any repub.

Those actions are evil no matter what the era. Did Lee commit those actions, I don't know. I've heard other stories that contradict that narrative of him.

From what I've heard of him and from people of that era, they all considered him a great general and a great man. So do we need a statue of him? I understand that's debatable today, but way back then, people thought that we needed to have a statue of him. And I think there's good reason to still have it today. And I think it would be a shame to take it down.

I don't care either way about Confederate statues, but most of the Robert E Lee statues were erected in the 1920's - not "way back then."

They were put up as the KKK was experiencing a resurgence in the South and new Jim Crow segregation laws were being adopted.

They were erected as part of a "Lost Cause" revisionist history of the Civil War pushed by the South.

Even Robert E. Lee himself said he didn't like Confederate statues.

So it's not old American history like it's being portrayed by some.

Back