"to be the champ you have to beat the champ" is a lie

the stats werent close

winning 4 rounds to 1 is not close

round 2 Driscus landed 4 more strikes than Sean

Round 3 Sean landed 2 more strikes than Driscus

Round 4 Sean landed 4 more strikes than Driscuss

Those stats are insanely close.

Round 1 Strickland landed more but Driscus also took him down twice

The fight was close as hell, I’ve yet to see anyone who isn’t just a die hard fan of either guy try to say it wasn’t.

I also believe that the defending World Cup and Stanley Cup champions have to be beaten by 2 goals.
Incumbent politicians must be defeated by 3% or more.
And Super Bowl champs can't lose by anything less than a touchdown!
And if they lose by a touchdown you have to add another quarter to give them the chance to tie it up. If it's tied at the end of extra time defending champ wins.

DDP beat Strickland, Reyes got robbed, Islam beat Volk, Volk beat Max

So basically 1 robbery

I hate people who trot out this stupid line. The 10 points must system is the same whether it's a championship fight or not. There is no special championship scoring ruleset. If you score more points per the established scoring criteria, even if by a thin margin, then you win, end of story

Anyone actually see Sean mention the word rematch or run back? I feel that Dricus would drop everything and agree to it in a heartbeat, I also think Sean knows not to play "who's the Chad" with Dricus.

The champion should be a man or woman that decisively, unquestionably, won a title fight.

Sean Strickland won the title decisively against Izzy. He left no doubt. It was a schooling from beginning to end.

The champion deserves the benefit of the doubt, such as Jones has gotten numerous times in his career, or GSP against Hendricks, etc.

This is extremely sad and Strickland's life will change dramatically without the belt.
keep posting stupid shit and you will have your black belt in no time!

For the 25 minutes they are in the cage there is no longer a champion and a contender, both guys have to fight for the right to walk away with the belt. Past success is just that - in the past. You can't get a scoring equivalent of a 30 second head start because you won your last championship fight. If you do enough to surpass the other within the scoring criteria then you win, anything else is tantamount to corruption

Anyone actually see Sean mention the word rematch or run back? I feel that Dricus would drop everything and agree to it in a heartbeat, I also think Sean knows not to play "who's the Chad" with Dricus.
Strickland had as good a performance as he could hope for and he still lost.

Absolutely not. Defender and challenger alike should earn their victories on equal ground. Whether you're the challenger or the defender should have no bearing on how the fights are scored.

I also believe that the defending World Cup and Stanley Cup champions have to be beaten by 2 goals.
Incumbent politicians must be defeated by 3% or more.
And Super Bowl champs can't lose by anything less than a touchdown!

Sorry but no. Nice try.

People act like a split decision is some verdict that came down from all of the judges. The judges are scoring the rounds independently, they don't sit down and talk to each other, then decide that it should be a split decision.

giphy.gif

No. If you lose you lose. If you're the best then don't let it get that close. Being champ shouldn't get you anything but better pay and a belt

Last edited:
Back