"to be the champ you have to beat the champ" is a lie

That's giving a handicap to the champion. Terrible idea.

The only thing I would change with title fights is being a little more lenient on finishes (both ways) because a title is on the line. I don't like seeing people lose the belt or lose their opportunity at a belt with quick stoppages. For some, it might be their only chance ever.
Having an evenly judged fight is a handicap? How?

Well yeah, for a group that seemed to pride themselves on lack of feelings and shit, they sure seem to be carrying on a lot
It is interesting that based on your FEELINGS you made the assumption that I am a Strickland fan and also that I subscribe to the type of stoicism that Strickland fans do. All while not mentioning the whole point of the thread

It is interesting that based on your FEELINGS you made the assumption that I am a Strickland fan and also that I subscribe to the type of stoicism that Strickland fans do. All while not mentioning the whole point of the thread
I was generalising

Dana feels the same way and gave the fight to Sean.
Well if Dana feels the same way that changes EVERYTHING! the man is never wrong about anything and knows, he is also right about the Allen fight, it was complete shit and they should be both be hanged.

Strickland sells whether he has the belt or not. DDP with the belt sells. Simple mathematics

Not sure if you watched the post fight press conference, but Dana says, “I’m one of those guys I believe you have to take it from the champion.”

*at around the 1:30 mark

Yeah this seems to be a personal preference thing which I’m ok with.

This is one of those situations where two things can be true at the same time. It can be true to say that a win is a win and it doesn’t make any sense to award the title to the person who lost on the scorecards while also saying that it doesn’t feel very good to see someone come in and just barely squeak by to get a belt.

Almost all of the judging is bad and inconsistent, I'm also not sure how you could say this fight wasn't bad when you listed Gsp vs Hendricks as bad.

The criteria is bullshit that changes with the wind, reffing is also ridiculously arbitrary, one guy may take a point where as one guy will let shit go several rounds before they even issue a warning.

how do we not get more draws, it would actually justify the amount of instant rematches we see off of coin flip decisions.

This fight was no where near Hendricks/GSP. That fight had a clear winner imo. Strickland/Driscus was a close fight that could have gone either way, the stats showed that as well.

This can't work because you'll have cases where 2 judges score it like 5-0 for the obvious winner, but then a judge like Chris Lee will come along and score it 5-0 the other way.

Imagine if Sandhagen/Vera was a title fight with Vera being the defending champion... Sorry, Cory.

Lotta people saying that was a crap decision.

Lot.

Lotta noise mixed in. Danaflakes and other shit.
waaaaaah!

Meh.

Life goes on.

Imagine if Sandhagen/Vera was a title fight with Vera being the defending champion... Sorry, Cory.

Exactly lol.

Too many of the judges don't have a clue what the scoring criteria is or know anything about MMA, and they always use the same sets of judges, so this shit would always happen lol.

Yeah, I still think so, but I'm starting to doubt it.
Piss poor judging makes the UFC look bad. If the UFC looks bad then the UFC loses money long term.

It wouldn't be a severe as someone dying in a match, but we are talking LONG TERM damage. If people lose confidence in the sport they are less likely to tune in to future events or just ditch the sport all together because of corruption.

So shitty judging or fighters taking a dive? way more damaging then any popularity of a fighter.

Last edited:
Piss poor judging makes the UFC look bad. If the UFC looks bad then the UFC loses money long term.

It wouldn't be a severe as someone dying in a match, but we are talking LONG TERM damage. If people lose confidence in the sport they are less likely to tune in to future events or just ditch the sport all together because of corruption.

So shitty judging or fighters taking a dive? way more damaging then any popularity of a fighter.
Of course, there will be damage to the sport in the long term. And it will be as long as money is made on it. I think fair judging is not a priority for the UFC.

Back