Tim Elliot is pretty pissed off at the UFC, feels like they "spit in his face"

I can see the argument on both sides but really it comes down to what was originally agreed for every certain situation. Otherwise you'll have a web of semantic arguments going on as usual here.

No, that's not how it is, priest is like another fight, the proper way is one of the catering guys didn't show cause terrorist attacked him and he died, so now with one men down, they can't serve at your wedding... Do u still pay? Or if u hire a band at your wedding, then four out of the five guys in the band got into an car accident, so there's no band to play anymore, do u still pay them?

They werent in the same band.

A better example would be, you hire a band and a comedian for the wedding.

The band cancels last minute.

Do you pay the comedian his money AND the bands money?

Says he should be given both his show and win money as well as his Reebok pay for his canceled fight (opponent did not make weight, or even attempt to in the end.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/tim-elliott-ufc-spit-in-my-face-ufc-on-fox-26-scratch

“I’ve taken fights on short notice. I’ve fought highly ranked guys. I fought the No. 1 guy in the world my very first fight in the UFC,” Elliott told MMAjunkie. “I fought Demetrious Johnson for a world title after weighing 162 pounds after getting out of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ house, making weight four times in four weeks. I feel like I’ve been a company man. I feel like I’ve done everything the UFC has asked. I’ve bent over backwards to try to make a career and be a guy that they can rely on and can count on. Then I fight these unreliable guys.

“The fact of the matter is: The money’s there. They were going to pay him his money. They were going to pay me my money. They had money there for a guy to win and a guy to show. Now that a guy’s not showing up, that money’s nowhere to be found. I don’t understand it.

“It hurts, because I feel like I’ve been a guy that is reliable, that they can count on and a guy that will make weight every time no matter what. I feel like I’ve proven that. I feel like I’m getting spit in my face. I feel like I’m not getting the respect that I deserve. They said that they’ve never gave a fighter who showed up and made weight his ‘show’ and ‘win’ money – but that’s not true. Ian McCall made weight; his opponent did not make weight. Ian McCall got his ‘show’ money; Ian McCall got his ‘win’ money. That’s how it should be.”

I do think he should have been given his Reebok pay because he would have fot that either way. Understamd he didnt get his win bonus because most guys who's fights get scrapped dont, and he obviously didnt win.

He also has sour grapes over how much the winner of the redemption and women's TUF winners were paid in compared to him:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/ufc-on-fox-26-tim-elliott-calls-for-tuf-paycheck-winner

Seems a little bit whiny here because they were paid on the show and he did get a title shot and Harleys he could always sell.

IMO this is like WO.
The other guy did not show, he did.
it is an automatic win for him. Gets paid show money AND win money.
Greedy fucking UFC punishing a guy for showing up.
Let's not forget he paid already for his training camp, sparring partners, etc.

This is a fucking disaster.

IMO this is like WO.
The other guy did not show, he did.
it is an automatic win for him. Gets paid show money AND win money.
Greedy fucking UFC punishing a guy for showing up.
Let's not forget he paid already for his training camp, sparring partners, etc.

This is a fucking disaster.

Then maybe fighters should put this stuff in CONTRACTS. UFC legally has every right. Mma fighters agents and lawyers Suck balls.

Then maybe fighters should put this stuff in CONTRACTS. UFC legally has every right. Mma fighters agents and lawyers Suck balls.
they don'. and probably can get sued for that.
Each fighter is a contractor.
This fighter fulfilled all his obligations. Not his fault someone else did not.
He should get paid.

they don'. and probably can get sued for that.
Each fighter is a contractor.
This fighter fulfilled all his obligations. Not his fault someone else did not.
He should get paid.

Then put it in writing and it won't even be an issue or concern.

I know that Menga said that Elliott turned down the chance to fight him still and get 20% of his purse,but Menga didn't even make it to the weigh in so how is that possible? I didn't know you could fight if you don't even make it to the weigh in.

So he really thought u can build up "good will" in the UFC? When he fought DJ and put on a great show he thought the UFC would compansate him in the future outside of what theyre contractually obligated to?
Ill Guess many fighters dont read as much MMA News as I do.

Back