Tim Elliot is pretty pissed off at the UFC, feels like they "spit in his face"

Hes making too big a deal out of this. Just call the mortgage co, car loans, insurance, utilities, grocer, gym... everyone you owe, tell them the guy missed weight and you'll pay them next time. I'm sure they'll understand .

show money is fair imo if they cut him tomorrow nobody in the world would care, he should keep that in mind

Just because someone can bend you over and give it to you dry doesn't mean you have to be happy about being bent over and getting it dry.

I think a lot of fighters would see that and care if he were to be treated unfairly. And without fighters, the show doesn't go on. More unrest within the fighters isn't good for business.

Last edited:
Man when I weighed 125 lbs times were tough. Had to choose between four square or tetherball.

He fought John. Fucking. Dodson. As much as I like John, saying he was number 1 in the world is idiotic.
won.

The guy has had a mediocre run in the promotion with brief flashes of brilliance (Nearly pulling off a crotch ripper on Joe-B, for example.) Its been said time and time again, its a ruthless sport. Not being paid your win money in a situation like this should not be surprising. Look at the run around they gave Ferguson on the eve of 209. A fight with much higher stakes, yet he still only got paid his show money.

I can see why he's angry. He just bought a house and he has a daughter he needs to feed. But, when he's falsifying events in an attempt to make

He fought John. Fucking. Dodson. As much as I like John, saying he was number 1 in the world is idiotic.

They gave you the opportunity to win 6 figures, train with some of the best fighters in your weight class, and some of the best coaches in the sport. Yeah, it had to have been stressful, but they offered you the opportunity. You could've turned it down and kept defending the title you had just won.

The guy has had a mediocre run in the promotion with brief flashes of brilliance (Nearly pulling off a crotch ripper on Joe-B, for example.) Its been said time and time again, its a ruthless sport. Not being paid your win money in a situation like this should not be surprising. Look at the run around they gave Ferguson on the eve of 209. A fight with much higher stakes, yet he still only got paid his show money.

I can see why he's angry. He just bought a house and he has a daughter he needs to feed. But, when he's falsifying events in an attempt to make his point, its hard to take him seriously.

They gave you the opportunity to win 6 figures, train with some of the best fighters in your weight class, and some of the best coaches in the sport. Yeah, it had to have been stressful, but they offered you the opportunity. You could've turned it down and kept defending the title you had just won.

I can see why he's angry. He just bought a house and he has a daughter he needs to feed. But, when he's falsifying events in an attempt to make his point, its hard to take him seriously.
He was talking about DJ.

See guys, Reebok pay does matter to fighters. I knew it.

Sucks for Elliot, but he gets show money for his suffering through the weight cut and a night off with no chance of having his butt kicked. Could be worse.

Yea. Proper analogy is you have a wedding. Caterer shows with food, priest doesn't. Yes, you still have to pay the caterer.
Fine analogy, you just have the roles reversed.

Tim is the caterer here...he showed up, did his job, the others didn't. He should get paid for what he brought, and what his opponent didn't, considering they said he'd get paid for doing a better job. And obviously he did.

Tim is the caterer here...he showed up, did his job, the others didn't. He should get paid for what he brought, and what his opponent didn't, considering they said he'd get paid for doing a better job. And obviously he did.

Not really, let's just make it simple here, since analogy doesn't suit this case that well... So let me try this again:

Your a big fan of MMA, so on your wedding day, you want to have a live fight, so u hired Tim and Mike Perry, u promised fighters their pay 10g each and winner gets another extra 10g. On your wedding day, Mike didn't show up, how much do u pay Tim? 20g or 10g?

Not really, let's just make it simple here, since analogy doesn't suit this case that well... So let me try this again:

Your a big fan of MMA, so on your wedding day, you want to have a live fight, so u hired Tim and Mike Perry, u promised fighters their pay 10g each and winner gets another extra 10g. On your wedding day, Mike didn't show up, how much do u pay Tim? 20g or 10g?
I'd obviously pay the one guy who showed 20g. I already had 20g to pay the fighters, why wouldn't I pay the guy who showed what I had paid??

Unless you're a cheap, poor motherfucker that's an obvious answer.

Hell, I'd pay him the full 30g that we had ready for the fighters. He won just by getting ready and showing up.

That was how I intended for it to be interpreted. I hadn't read all the thread, if it was the other way around in previous examples, my bad. See my other post, Tim should absolutely get paid, even if I think he's brought some hate down on himself with his attitude towards other fighters pay.

No, that's not how it is, priest is like another fight, the proper way is one of the catering guys didn't show cause terrorist attacked him and he died, so now with one men down, they can't serve at your wedding... Do u still pay? Or if u hire a band at your wedding, then four out of the five guys in the band got into an car accident, so there's no band to play anymore, do u still pay them?
No. Tim isn't in the same band as the guy who missed. They were both hired separately to do a job for which both are required.

Why on earth does he think he deserves his win money? Did he win? No, he didn't. He should get the show money and maybe some Reebok dollars but that's it. There is no reason to whine and complain, take the money you deserve and don't ask for more.

You should definitely get your Show money and your Reebok money (if applicable) if your opponent misses weight and the fight is cancelled. You should then get 20% of your opponent's Show money, but not your Win money.

The guy who misses weight shouldn't get any money. They should get a free bathroom scale and a calendar with their next fight date circled in red.
This ass hat cancelled the fight though. I have no sympathy. they offered him 20% of the purse

This ass hat cancelled the fight though. I have no sympathy. they offered him 20% of the purse

To fight a guy who was five pounds bigger, half a weight class.

Yeah Lamas is a badass for still taking Oliviera and beating him anyway but I dont blame Tim for saying no. He signed on to fight at 125 and suffered to make the weight. Why should he be olbligated to fight at a disadvantage for 20% of a new signees show money, probably like 2k.

That said I think the only thing he didnt get that he should be entitled to is the Reebok money. Yeah i know thats probably only like 5k or something but that could still be a big difference for someone with trying to pay off a house and raise his kid.

I wonder why it was 20% in this case and 30% in Josh Emmet fight?

<{poor?}>

I like him and I think he makes a decent point. He being robbed of a potential payday, but then again, he is getting paid and not having to fight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back