Tim Elliot is pretty pissed off at the UFC, feels like they "spit in his face"

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Jawth, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Jawth

Jawth Silver Belt

Says he should be given both his show and win money as well as his Reebok pay for his canceled fight (opponent did not make weight, or even attempt to in the end.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/tim-elliott-ufc-spit-in-my-face-ufc-on-fox-26-scratch

“I’ve taken fights on short notice. I’ve fought highly ranked guys. I fought the No. 1 guy in the world my very first fight in the UFC,” Elliott told MMAjunkie. “I fought Demetrious Johnson for a world title after weighing 162 pounds after getting out of ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ house, making weight four times in four weeks. I feel like I’ve been a company man. I feel like I’ve done everything the UFC has asked. I’ve bent over backwards to try to make a career and be a guy that they can rely on and can count on. Then I fight these unreliable guys.

“The fact of the matter is: The money’s there. They were going to pay him his money. They were going to pay me my money. They had money there for a guy to win and a guy to show. Now that a guy’s not showing up, that money’s nowhere to be found. I don’t understand it.

“It hurts, because I feel like I’ve been a guy that is reliable, that they can count on and a guy that will make weight every time no matter what. I feel like I’ve proven that. I feel like I’m getting spit in my face. I feel like I’m not getting the respect that I deserve. They said that they’ve never gave a fighter who showed up and made weight his ‘show’ and ‘win’ money – but that’s not true. Ian McCall made weight; his opponent did not make weight. Ian McCall got his ‘show’ money; Ian McCall got his ‘win’ money. That’s how it should be.”

I do think he should have been given his Reebok pay because he would have fot that either way. Understamd he didnt get his win bonus because most guys who's fights get scrapped dont, and he obviously didnt win.

He also has sour grapes over how much the winner of the redemption and women's TUF winners were paid in compared to him:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/12/ufc-on-fox-26-tim-elliott-calls-for-tuf-paycheck-winner

Seems a little bit whiny here because they were paid on the show and he did get a title shot and Harleys he could always sell.

2. Not A Real Fan

Not A Real Fan Purple Belt

3. Jack Move

Jack Move Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card Banned

At home - Drawing pictures - 0f muffin tops
    UFC is a bunch of scumbags.

4. whaleshark

whaleshark Hepresent The Nation

5. Enigma87

Enigma87 Black Belt

They should’ve automatically given him POTN as well

6. Zelig

Zelig Orange Belt

show money is fair imo if they cut him tomorrow nobody in the world would care, he should keep that in mind

7. CountOfSoCal

CountOfSoCal Black Belt

He fought John. Fucking. Dodson. As much as I like John, saying he was number 1 in the world is idiotic.

They gave you the opportunity to win 6 figures, train with some of the best fighters in your weight class, and some of the best coaches in the sport. Yeah, it had to have been stressful, but they offered you the opportunity. You could've turned it down and kept defending the title you had just won.

The guy has had a mediocre run in the promotion with brief flashes of brilliance (Nearly pulling off a crotch ripper on Joe-B, for example.) Its been said time and time again, its a ruthless sport. Not being paid your win money in a situation like this should not be surprising. Look at the run around they gave Ferguson on the eve of 209. A fight with much higher stakes, yet he still only got paid his show money.

I can see why he's angry. He just bought a house and he has a daughter he needs to feed. But, when he's falsifying events in an attempt to make his point, its hard to take him seriously.

8. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

A drop in the bucket for the company...

Mohawk Banditó, Rizz, eon001 and 2 others like this.
  9. Schoolboy Q

Schoolboy Q Red Belt

Can’t really blame the UFC for this one, he declined to fight and declined 20% of his opponents purse.

10. trav0614

trav0614 White Belt

You should definitely get your Show money and your Reebok money (if applicable) if your opponent misses weight and the fight is cancelled. You should then get 20% of your opponent's Show money, but not your Win money.

The guy who misses weight shouldn't get any money. They should get a free bathroom scale and a calendar with their next fight date circled in red.

11. Locooo

Locooo Banned Banned

they spit in everyone's face
    thats the way they act
    step over their employees, and do the fuck they care. what can i say Elliot ? you re right. they are trash.
    lets boicot them n stream the fuck outta the events
    fuck dana white

BuddyGuy and rorschach51 like this.
  12. samoajoe

samoajoe Brown Belt

If the guy stops crying he will get his show money and a super fast turn around fight seems like a win to me and a chance at more money.

Crying about how the company is ran while being 3 - 6 likely isnt gonna get him anywhere.

209NickDiaz and ccc_halliway like this.
  13. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

Show and Reebok money should be standard. Win money would just be icing on the cake.

14. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Red Belt

If he needed the money that bad then he should have fought his 130 pound opponent and beaten him convincingly.

He knew what the deal was. He made his choice, now he is crying about it.

15. rurouni

rurouni Black Belt

show $ makes sense but asking for dat reebok $ pushing it too far

also, if you don't like it then go to bellator

Cheapshart likes this.
  16. Tweak896

Tweak896 Brown Belt

UFC loses money on this guy by giving him money, yet he's crying about getting paid the amount of money if he lost? Give me a break. Opponents miss weight all the time and I haven't seen many fighters turn down the fight. Usually it means the opponent had a horrible camp/cut and should be easy to finish. Tim Elliot can ask for a quick fight like Bisping and get even more money. It's not like the UFC has tons of options in the FLW division.

17. WMMA

WMMA Yellow Belt

They offered him 20% of his opponents show money, he turned down the fight.

He turned down all that money because his opponent was 5lbs heavier but yet he's still complaining about being paid.

18. Lord Toranaga

Lord Toranaga Brown Belt

Is that why he flipped everyone off at the official weigh in? Rude.

19. DataBreach

DataBreach Cocaine Fueled Decision Making Belt

So this guy complained during fight week and now shenanigans are afoot?

[​IMG]

20. yookfarb

yookfarb Black Belt

he cries about having to cut 37 pounds but won't take a fight against someone who missed weight...

whaleshark and soulsstealer like this.