Tim Bradley Retiring

I think his win vs JMM gets overlooked. It's was a clear win against a legend who was still good enough to score one of the greatest KOs ever vs another legend in his previous fight.

I think it's one of the best, uncontroversial wins in recent memory.

I'm a pac fan and respect Tim from the triology. Tim beat Marquez...come on bro...that alone is enough to respect Tim for.

You guys are so full of shit.

In 20 years when people talk about Bradley, its Pac 1 that people are going to talk about, not beating an old Marquez or no talent Provodnikov.

I like Bradley quite a lot, I don't question his legacy one bit but I know that Pac fight was the most significant thing to happen in his career. By far his biggest win too. The fact that you guys insist he'll be remembered for the Marquez fight tells me what you guys are trying so hard not to say.

You guys are so full of shit.

In 20 years when people talk about Bradley, its Pac 1 that people are going to talk about, not beating an old Marquez or no talent Provodnikov.

I like Bradley quite a lot, I don't question his legacy one bit but I know that Pac fight was the most significant thing to happen in his career. By far his biggest win too. The fact that you guys insist he'll be remembered for the Marquez fight tells me what you guys are trying so hard not to say.

Boxing fans don't typically remember guys for one fight. I can't think of one significant fighter who has one fight completely overshadow his entire career. It's going to be one of the things people talk about, but it's not like everyone is going to forget that Bradley had a long list of quality wins.

Last edited:
*ears twitch* Someone say Hall and Oats?

He got into a couple wars he shouldn't have and maybe could have gotten a few more fights but he caved to people calling him boring.

I'm not even sure people are going to be talking about the first Pacquaio fight in years to come. I think that there is a risk that Bradley could be an extension of Pacquaio's legacy - similar to how some of Muhammed Ali's opponents are best known for fighting Ali rather than the achievements they made in their own careers. That being said, I think that 20-30 years from now, people talking about Pacquaio are going to be remembering his career in the 2000s rather than the 2010s.

I'd like to think that Bradley would get the respect he deserves - but I don't think he will ever be an iconic boxer in the eyes of historians.

Most people will remember him for the Pac fight TBH.

For me, Bradley's heart and balls belong next too Morales's pair. No homo.

It's always good to see guys not go the RJJ and Toney routes.

He certainly has a better resume than a few HoF inductees. He has a legit W over Pacquiao, no matter how controversial, as close fights are no robberies. Most Pac fans were too busy complaining about the outcome they just didn't notice that Manny had dropped a notch and couldn't sustain the output that had made him an unstoppable force at 147 in spite of his small frame any more. Rounds are won over 3 minutes, actually boxing 1 minute or so is risky and Bradley exposed it in a smart way.

What strikes me about Bradley is that he could both fight smart (as he did most of the time, taking advantage of his conditioning and lateral movement to smother, outmuscle and outwork his opponents) and silly (going to war with Provodnikov, droping his gameplan and relying on Hail Marys after round 6 in the 2nd Pac fight).

I wish he kept on boxing, but his decision is probably for the best.

Are you kidding me? Tell you what, wait for a Tim Bradley story to come up on say, boxingscene. Read the comments and come back and tell me how far off I am.

Boxingscene? Boxingscene has got the most douchiest fans posting there ever. A guy can be undefeated champ with 100% KO ratio and you will still find jackasses talking smack there , probably saying he didn't fight anybody. If said boxer fights everybody and then takes an L, they'll go "well he lost and always sucked, got exposed". If a dude wins world titles and takes a few L's along the way which is natural then "well he was never elite, overrated"..

Even sherdog posters are all class comparatively, probably becuase of the fighter flaming yellow cards rules in place here. Fact is all the real greats lost, you can measure them by that, or by the fact they stepped up.

Back