Tim Bradley Retiring

Maybe among people who actively pay attention to boxing. I know a lot of Pinoys who still don't like him because of the first Pac fight (they're not really boxing fans, though, just Pacquiao fans).

I know a lot of pinoys who are big Bradley fans, all of the ones I know as a matter of fact.

But of course every boxer is going to have some critics. Knowing a few people who dislike Bradley is quite different from saying Pac fans have destroyed his legacy (I feel silly even typing that). Claiming that those people have "ruined his legacy" is dramatic and completely exaggerated in my opinion. Do you disagree?

I know a lot of pinoys who are big Bradley fans, all of the ones I know as a matter of fact.

But of course every boxer is going to have some critics. Claiming that those people have "ruined his legacy" is dramatic and completely exaggerated in my opinion. Do you disagree?

Yeah, that is over-dramatic. Still, I do think a lot of casual fans just remember the first Bradley fight. His reputation is strong among actual boxing fans.

But of course every boxer is going to have some critics. Claiming that those people have "ruined his legacy" is dramatic and completely exaggerated in my opinion. You don't agree?
The problem with this question is some of us watch boxing every week and some don't. The casual opinion is mostly different from the main fans. These things happen.

Yeah, that is over-dramatic. Still, I do think a lot of casual fans just remember the first Bradley fight. His reputation is strong among actual boxing fans.

Who? What group of Pacquiao fans watched that fight, the skipped the two sequels, and have the numbers and the power to destroy his legacy? I honestly feel like that is made up, it's just not the reality of the situation in my opinion.

Can you name a more universally liked active boxer than Bradley? YouTube hates everybody except Bradley. He is like the only boxer without hordes of haters.

I actually believe the opposite of Seano. I think history will be especially kind to Bradley.

Who? What group of Pacquiao fans watched that fight, the skipped the two sequels, and have the numbers and the power to destroy his legacy? I honestly feel like that is made up, it's just not the reality of the situation in my opinion.

Can you name a more universally liked active boxer than Bradley? YouTube hates everybody except Bradley. He is like the only boxer without hordes of haters.

I actually believe the opposite of Seano. I think history will be especially kind to Bradley.

I never said they had any power to destroy his legacy. Casual fans pretty much never determine a boxer's legacy, it's the people who actually follow the sport who do that and Bradley will be remembered relatively well as a result. I'm just saying that from my experience, what sticks in the minds of a lot of casual Filipino fans is that first Bradley fight, and many still don't have a good opinion of him as a result.

I never said they had any power to destroy his legacy. Casual fans pretty much never determine a boxer's legacy, it's the people who actually follow the sport who do that and Bradley will be remembered relatively well as a result. I'm just saying that from my experience, what sticks in the minds of a lot of casual Filipino fans is that first Bradley fight, and many still don't have a good opinion of him as a result.

Yeah, so we are in exact agreement. The only spot I disagree is that my experience is that my Filipino friends all like Bradley a lot.

The problem with this question is some of us watch boxing every week and some don't. The casual opinion is mostly different from the main fans. These things happen.

Yeah but saying a few Filipinos have destroyed Bradley's legacy is like saying a few Tyson fans who believe Holyfield butted him have destroyed Holyfield's legacy. Of course there are those people out there, but not nearly enough to claim they are to blame for destroying his legacy.

I think it's important to differentiate here between Pac fans and just casual fans who buy whatever fight their friends tell them is important enough to shell out money for. Pac fans are gonna buy a Pac fight no matter what. Casuals will not, unless there's a large demand from other ppl telling them to do so.

For instance, per Fatty McFatty Fat Dan

The Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley Jr. welterweight title rematch on April 12 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas generated between 750,000 and 800,000 pay-per-view buys, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com.

That is a significant decline from what Pacquiao-Bradley I generated when Bradley received a heavily disputed split decision that led to worldwide outrage in June 2012. That fight generated 890,000 pay-per-view buys and many expected the rematch to at least equal the first fight.

"We're between 750,000 and 800,000. Sure, it's a disappointment," Arum said.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...bradley-jr-pay-per-view-sales-dropped-rematch

Then it dropped even more for the 3rd fight, 400-500k. Pac fans still buying the fights, casuals not so much. The casuals are the ones who will think of Timmy as "the guy who got the robbery against Pac" whereas real fans, either of Manny, or just of boxing in general, will have a better and more clear opinion of Bradley as a fighter.

That being said, there's a lot of casuals and casuals will have their hot takes, and ppl will hear them, no matter how stupid they sound. Unfortunate but true. I think that most ppl whose opinions Tim really cares about know that he's the man.

Yeah but saying a few Filipinos have destroyed Bradley's legacy is like saying a few Tyson fans who believe Holyfield butted him have destroyed Holyfield's legacy. Of course there are those people out there, but not nearly enough to claim they are to blame for destroying his legacy.
I get your opinion mate. If anyone trashes Tyson or Bradley they can talk to roger mayweather.

Gotta be a schmuck of a fan to think that, same fans that define most fighters on losses.. Provo and Peterson fights defines Bradley
You don't rate beating Pacquiao as a better win than Peterson and Provodnikov?

Who? Here we all are, boxing fans, agreeing that Tim is great. Go to any Tim Bradley youtube video and you'll probably find the most positive comments of any boxer. He's one of the only universally respected and liked boxers I can think of from this era, pretty much no hate.

Even the awful "Pac fans" you are always talking about love Tim Bradley. A big portion of Bradley fans are Pac fans who became fans of his from the trilogy.
Are you kidding me? Tell you what, wait for a Tim Bradley story to come up on say, boxingscene. Read the comments and come back and tell me how far off I am.

Are you kidding me? Tell you what, wait for a Tim Bradley story to come up on say, boxingscene. Read the comments and come back and tell me how far off I am.

I don't really go to many websites. But I would not let a few negative comments from internet trolls decide a guy's legacy. The internet hates everybody and everything.

I don't really go to many websites. But I would not let a few negative comments from internet trolls decide a guy's legacy. The internet hates everybody and everything.
So you're telling me that the uproar about Pac/Bradley has been forgotten?

That is a strange interpretation of his comment. But no, nobody has forgotten the uproar of the first fight.

Thanks god. He had his peak and when he describe some of the symptoms he was having, I was scared for him. They probably are pretty common for boxers but man he has got a wife and kids. You can't box forever.

I know what your saying and agree.
It wasn't just fans, it was commentators and other figures in the sport.
It was like he came out worse for beating Pacquiao.

Noooo. I think it's died down quite a bit but it's not gone. The truth is tons of Pac fans aren't even Pac fans anymore. Lots of the guys who didn't care about boxing at all but LOVED Pac and watched all his fights jumped off that bandwagon when Marquez put his lights out and they gave up on the sport entirely. A bunch who stuck around watched the Floyd fight and did the same thing. I am not generalizing either. Mostly talking about people I know. Hell even people here did the same thing. How many hardcore Pac guys never even logged back in after the Marquez fight? I can think of a few. Pac had a country behind him and he transcended the sport with his popularity. So it makes sense that a large number of his fans were casuals who weren't exactly boxing experts in general.

There isn't much of a case against Bradley and his resume. He always fought the best, and gave his best. After the first Pac fight where he was unjustly given the decision, he acted like an asshole. He received a decision he didn't deserve and was anything but humble. He talked shit about Freddie and Pac and wouldn't fight until Pac gave him a rematch. And in the rematch, the wrong was righted and Pac got his W. The third fight, Pac straight up outboxed and whooped that ass. That was it. Other than that, Tim Badley is the type of fighter we should all appreciate. Beating Alexander, Campbell, and Peterson while they had their 0's is impressive. You can't hold anything against Tim just because of a Judge's mistake. Tim's a beast and deserves a HOF spot.

There isn't much of a case against Bradley and his resume. He always fought the best, and gave his best. After the first Pac fight where he was unjustly given the decision, he acted like an asshole. He received a decision he didn't deserve and was anything but humble. He talked shit about Freddie and Pac and wouldn't fight until Pac gave him a rematch. And in the rematch, the wrong was righted and Pac got his W. The third fight, Pac straight up outboxed and whooped that ass. That was it. Other than that, Tim Badley is the type of fighter we should all appreciate. Beating Alexander, Campbell, and Peterson while they had their 0's is impressive. You can't hold anything against Tim just because of a Judge's mistake. Tim's a beast and deserves a HOF spot.

What do you mean? He fought after the first Manny fight.

Back