Tiger Tiger Woods Yall

I have no clue how anyone could even begin to try to argue that there is not an issue with overprescribing and availability of pain killers in the US. America consumes 80% of the global opioid supply and has a ridiculous # of overdose deaths. It's undoubtedly an issue.
I don't think anyone said that. The makers aren't the problem. The problem is that there are Dr.s out there who's entire profession is prescribing pain pills. I went to one of these places for a while. The waiting room was filled with people obviously only there for the pills. The scripts were filled out before you even saw the Dr. He stopped in, talked to you for 10 seconds (no lie) signed the script and went to the next room.

People taking prescription drugs aren't the best at controlling what they take. Automatic systems should be developed to deliver prescriptions as prescribed. People on medication can forget that they took a pill and take another when they shouldn't.

Comparing people with mental illness and depression with idiots that take too many pain pills. Classy.
People with mental illness and depression ARE many of the people who become the "idiots that take too many pain pills," you goddamn incredible moron. Fuck.
Can you post an opiate ad that targets children? I'd be interested to see this

And are you really comparing opiate addiction to the global scourge of alcoholism?
Did I say opiate ads target children? I said other large industries that sell harmful products have had to face scrutiny before, whether it be for marketing tactics or for hiding their negative side effects. So why are you so opposed to pharmacy companies having to face the consequences of their actions, if youre so adamant about individual people having to face theirs?

And if you dont think opiate addiction is a global problem, id like to know what sheltered world you are living in.

This is insane. So pharmaceutical companies are to blame for manufacturing medications that many people need because some kids will illegally get their hands on them. Pharmaceutical companies can't prescribe narcotics. I've already mentioned it but I'll bring it up again because you don't seem to understand that there's a link in the chain of causation here that you're completely missing.
Pharmaceutical companies need to bear blame for purposely hiding the side effects and downplaying the addictiveness of their products, is that so hard to understand? Many people in pain benefit from these medicines, but they are not the only pain medicines available and the pharm companies push the products they want to push for profit first. That is a big problem when we're talking about peoples health.

And there you go again so quick to blame individuals like doctors but for some reason have no problem with the actions of the pharm companies pushing these pills to the medical community, spending billions of dollars to convince them they are completely safe.

I have no clue how anyone could even begin to try to argue that there is not an issue with overprescribing and availability of pain killers in the US. America consumes 80% of the global opioid supply and has a ridiculous # of overdose deaths. It's undoubtedly an issue.
Tell that to @mjmj and @faustian . It's clearly not an issue because it's not an issue for them personally.

People with mental illness and depression ARE many of the people who become the "idiots that take too many pain pills," you incredible moron. Fuck.
And it's an entirely different topic. The fact you felt the need to try and use them as part of your argument is sad.

I don't think anyone said that. The makers aren't the problem. The problem is that there are Dr.s out there who's entire profession is prescribing pain pills. I went to one of these places for a while. The waiting room was filled with people obviously only there for the pills. The scripts were filled out before you even saw the Dr. He stopped in, talked to you for 10 seconds (no lie) signed the script and went to the next room.

Yes, they are overprescribing pills that are being oversold to them. Undoubtedly the doctors have a bigger blame here, but the pharma companies are making absolute bank off of it. There is definitely an argument for negligence on their end and to tighten up how much of the drug is available.

I mean this goes far beyond narcotics too. The entire industry with DTC advertising is ridiculous. Kickbacks to doctors as well. I have no idea if that goes on with the narcotics, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.

Yes, they are overprescribing pills that are being oversold to them. Undoubtedly the doctors have a bigger blame here, but the pharma companies are making absolute bank off of it. There is definitely an argument for negligence on their end and to tighten up how much of the drug is available.
To me, it's not the makers job to determine how much should be available, or how many people out there legitimately need them. That's on the Drs.
I mean this goes far beyond narcotics too. The entire industry with DTC advertising is ridiculous. Kickbacks to doctors as well. I have no idea if that goes on with the narcotics, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked.
Completely agree, the entire industry is shady as fuck.

And it's an entirely different topic. The fact you felt the need to try and use them as part of your argument is sad.
How is it a different topic when they are many of the people who become addicts? You think addicts are just weak people, so those people must be weak too, right? You think healthy, happy people are the majority of the ones becoming addicted?

How is it a different topic when they are many of the people who become addicts? You think addicts are just weak people, so those people must be weak too, right? You think healthy, happy people are the majority of the ones becoming addicted?
Of course not, but it's not the pill makers fault either. How did they get the pills? That's where the blame belongs.

Did I say opiate ads target children? I said other large industries that sell harmful products have had to face scrutiny before, whether it be for marketing tactics or for hiding their negative side effects. So why are you so opposed to pharmacy companies having to face the consequences of their actions, if youre so adamant about individual people having to face theirs?

You brought up alcohol ads targeting children in your scrutiny of pharmaceutical marketing. If you aren't accusing pharm companies of marketing to children, then what actions are you demanding consequences for? "Hiding negative side effects"? Again, can we see an example of this?

And if you dont think opiate addiction is a global problem, id like to know what sheltered world you are living in.

Lol @ sheltered. Tell me, what is your personal experience with addiction?

If you think opiate addiction rises to even a fraction of alcoholism on a global scale then keep pushing that claim and save me the trouble of exposing how clueless you are here

Pharmaceutical companies need to bear blame for purposely hiding the side effects and downplaying the addictiveness of their products, is that so hard to understand?

Examples?

Many people in pain benefit from these medicines, but they are not the only pain medicines available and the pharm companies push the products they want to push for profit first. That is a big problem when we're talking about peoples health.

Doctors how do they work. Prescriptions how do they work

And there you go again so quick to blame individuals like doctors but for some reason have no problem with the actions of the pharm companies pushing these pills to the medical community, spending billions of dollars to convince them they are completely safe.

Sooo... now you're claiming that pharm companies are duping medical professionals? lmao

Of course not, but it's not the pill makers fault either. How did they get the pills? That's where the blame belongs.
They get the pills from doctors, who get the pills from the pharm companies, who dictate what is available on the market to these doctors, and who spend exorbitant funds convincing those doctors and the rest of the medical community that these drugs are safer than they are. So the doctors are to blame, but sure as fuck are the ones they get them from.

You brought up alcohol ads targeting children in your scrutiny of pharmaceutical marketing. If you aren't accusing pharm companies of marketing to children, then what actions are you demanding consequences for? "Hiding negative side effects"? Again, can we see an example of this?

In the past? Have u heard of fen-phen or vioxx? Just a few billion dollars in damages paid there. Currently? Have you heard of fentanyl? Only a few thousand fatal overdoses over the last few years.

Lol @ sheltered. Tell me, what is your personal experience with addiction?

If you think opiate addiction rises to even a fraction of alcoholism on a global scale then keep pushing that claim and save me the trouble of exposing how clueless you are here
Do you really think this is what I am arguing? Talk about clueless.

Sooo... now you're claiming that pharm companies are duping medical professionals? lmao
See examples above. Oh, and oxycontin was origibally billed for "moderate pain." Too bad for the people who took it for such and ended up addicted. Not too bad for the pharm company that made $30 billion in the process.

"In September 2013, the FDA released new labeling guidelines for long acting and extended release opioids requiring manufacturers to remove moderate pain as indication for use, instead stating the drug is for "pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long term opioid treatment."

In the past? Have u heard of fen-phen or vioxx? Just a few billion dollars in damages paid there. Currently? Have you heard of fentanyl? Only a few thousand fatal overdoses over the last few years.

Do you really think this is what I am arguing? Talk about clueless.

See examples above. Oh, and oxycontin was origibally billed for "moderate pain." Too bad for the people who took it for such and ended up addicted. Not too bad for the pharm company that made $30 billion in the process.

"In September 2013, the FDA released new labeling guidelines for long acting and extended release opioids requiring manufacturers to remove moderate pain as indication for use, instead stating the drug is for "pain severe enough to require daily, around-the-clock, long term opioid treatment."
Ok well at least you finally brought something substantive. Now, fast forwarding to the present, what would you recommend now that new guidelines are in place?

And when it comes to kids whose addiction originally derived from illegally obtaining meds -- as is the case with 99% of the opiate addicts I've met (and I've met quite a few) -- what then? Are we still blaming pharm cos for this scenario and if so what's the remedy and where do we draw the line of blame, if there's a line at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back