Tiger Tiger Woods Yall

They have greatly proliferated the use of very powerful opiates and made it so their use is "normal". I have heard many stories and encountered numerous people who have never touched a drug in their lives, then were prescribed stuff like percs for injuries and then became addicted, often moving on to harder narcotics.

The majority of people who take these pain meds get necessary pain relief, but by normalizing the use of these powerful drugs and making them so easily available, the big companies have created addicts out of many people who would not have been.

I don't see "big pharm" telling anyone they need to use their products. It's easy to not become addicted. People become addicted because they use more than they're supposed to.That's on them.

The guy had the greatest most dominant run of any golfer ever. Not the longevity. He made a ton of money but here is the rub when you are a child prodigy....all that pressure and your life revolves around one thing...eventually you break. He medicated with hoes and pills. I would love to see him one more run.

With all of the younger talent out there now like Spieth, D. Johnson, and Day, I have a hard time seeing Tiger going on a dominant run. I'd be very surprised if he wins another major, and I honestly don't see him having more than 3 PGA tour wins from this point on.

I don't see "big pharm" telling anyone they need to use their products. It's easy to not become addicted. People become addicted because they use more than they're supposed to.That's on them.
Other than the commercials for prescription meds that they spam tv with 24/7.

Other than the commercials for prescription meds that they spam tv with 24/7.
Can you point to an advertisement for a narcotic? I've never seen one. Last I heard, meds for IBSD aren't the issue we're talking about.

Can you point to an advertisement for a narcotic? I've never seen one. Last I heard, meds for IBSD aren't the issue we're talking about.
I posted a direct response to your statement that "big pharma doesn't tell anyone to use their products".

I give tiger a pass on this one. He did the right thing. Pulled over and slept. Should he have known how his meds would effect him? Maybe, but meds dont always work the same all the time.

I was taking meds i had taken for years before i had an adverse reaction. Luckily i was at home. But i could have easily taken them and gotten in the car which i had done many times before.

That's on the addicts and their addict behavior and, more indirectly, the doctors who overprescribe

And the companies that make these drugs, downplay their side effects and addictive qualities, and promote them as safe products bear no responsibility?

You have the typical "addicts are beneath me because Im not one" attitude. So youre strong enough not to be addicted to substances. Good for you. Not all people are the same. Would you blame an alcoholic for being an addict when alcoholism runs genetically in his family? It's this attitude of placing all the blame on individuals, who of course bear a lot of it, that has allowed these giant corporations to peddle harmful drugs at exorbitant costs, creating a horde of addicts with ruined lives.

Here is the Ohio state attorney general just the other day and what he thinks of these companies' actions:

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18R2BY

"Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said on Wednesday his office sued five major drug manufacturers, accusing them of misrepresenting the risks of prescription opioid painkillers and so helping fuel a sky-rocketing drug addiction epidemic.

A growing number of state and local governments are suing drugmakers and distributors, seeking to hold them accountable for the opioid crisis.

The five companies Ohio sued were Purdue Pharma LP, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc unit, a unit of Endo International Plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd’s Cephalon unit and Allergan Plc

He argued the drug companies spent millions of dollars to promote the drugs for profit while denying or trivializing their potential addictive qualities.

"These companies continue to mislead the public," DeWine said.

Opioid drugs, including prescription painkillers and heroin, killed more than 33,000 people in the United States in 2015, more than any year on record, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Drug companies including Purdue Pharma LP and Johnson & Johnson have been fighting lawsuits by two California counties, the city of Chicago, four counties in New York and the state of Mississippi over their opioid marketing practices."

Would you blame an alcoholic for being an addict when alcoholism runs genetically in his family?
Fuck yes I would. This shit where pussified Americans are always looking for someone else to blame for their problems needs to end. Grow the fuck and and take responsibility. Anyone that doesn't know narcotics are addictive is a fucking idiot. Don't give me that shit about "big pharm" hiding it, we all know and have known for decades. That's the politicians excuse for their frivolous lawsuits. All these junkies are costing the states money and they're looking for a way to get some back.

Fuck yes I would. This shit where pussified Americans are always looking for someone else to blame for their problems needs to end. Grow the fuck and and take responsibility. Anyone that doesn't know narcotics are addictive is a fucking idiot. Don't give me that shit about "big pharm" hiding it, we all know and have known for decades. That's the politicians excuse for their frivolous lawsuits. All these junkies are costing the states money and they're looking for a way to get some back.
Yea, you're super tough criticizing the weak and vulnerable for being weak and vulnerable. You talk about pussified Americans, what about people who are so quick to bash the little guy because it makes them feel superior but turn a blind eye to the actions of the massive entities above them? Whos the pussy in this situation?

And LOL at frivolous lawsuits. Do you even know what that term means? I gave you one example of a state's ATTORNEY GENERAL bringing a potentially paradigm shifting lawsuit against 5 of the biggest pharma companies in the country, and u call that just some politician launching a frivolous lawsuit. Wow.

God forbid anyone you know becomes an addict. Those people need help, and it's harder still because of people like you who think their own life experiences are the be all end all of what's acceptable. Learn some fucking empathy.

And the companies that make these drugs, downplay their side effects and addictive qualities, and promote them as safe products bear no responsibility?

You have the typical "addicts are beneath me because Im not one" attitude. So youre strong enough not to be addicted to substances. Good for you. Not all people are the same. Would you blame an alcoholic for being an addict when alcoholism runs genetically in his family? It's this attitude of placing all the blame on individuals, who of course bear a lot of it, that has allowed these giant corporations to peddle harmful drugs at exorbitant costs, creating a horde of addicts with ruined lives.

Here is the Ohio state attorney general just the other day and what he thinks of these companies' actions:

http://reuters.com/article/idUSKBN18R2BY

"Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said on Wednesday his office sued five major drug manufacturers, accusing them of misrepresenting the risks of prescription opioid painkillers and so helping fuel a sky-rocketing drug addiction epidemic.

A growing number of state and local governments are suing drugmakers and distributors, seeking to hold them accountable for the opioid crisis.

The five companies Ohio sued were Purdue Pharma LP, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc unit, a unit of Endo International Plc, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd’s Cephalon unit and Allergan Plc

He argued the drug companies spent millions of dollars to promote the drugs for profit while denying or trivializing their potential addictive qualities.

"These companies continue to mislead the public," DeWine said.

Opioid drugs, including prescription painkillers and heroin, killed more than 33,000 people in the United States in 2015, more than any year on record, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Drug companies including Purdue Pharma LP and Johnson & Johnson have been fighting lawsuits by two California counties, the city of Chicago, four counties in New York and the state of Mississippi over their opioid marketing practices."
Vintage first world victim culture

I know a bit about addiction, I myself am an alcoholic. I can't touch the stuff because I know my life will go to shit if I do. I also can't watch a sporting event without being bombarded by alcohol commercials every 5 mins. So should alcohol be banned? Should alcohol commercials be banned? Are beer/liquor companies responsible for my problem? Nope

One of the first things you learn and accept in rehab/treatment -- if you're actually serious about true sobriety -- is that fixing your problem isn't about changing (or blaming) the world around you. It's about changing yourself. It's not what other people do, it's what you do

Yea, you're super tough criticizing the weak and vulnerable for being weak and vulnerable. You talk about pussified Americans, what about people who are so quick to bash the little guy because it makes them feel superior but turn a blind eye to the actions of the massive entities above them? Whos the pussy in this situation?

And LOL at frivolous lawsuits. Do you even know what that term means? I gave you one example of a state's ATTORNEY GENERAL bringing a potentially paradigm shifting lawsuit against 5 of the biggest pharma companies in the country, and u call that just some politician launching a frivolous lawsuit. Wow.

God forbid anyone you know becomes an addict. Those people need help, and it's harder still because of people like you who think their own life experiences are the be all end all of what's acceptable. Learn some fucking empathy.
It's embarrassing that this it the type of attitude being raised these days. Nothing is your fault, there's always a reason and someone else to blame. I've taken prescription pain killers for years. You know what I did when I thought maybe I was becoming dependent on them. I QUIT FUCKING TAKING THEM. I talked to my Dr and got something else.
It's all based on choices, starting with the people we associate ourselves with.

Vintage first world victim culture

I know a bit about addiction, I myself am an alcoholic. I can't touch the stuff because I know my life will go to shit if I do. I also can't watch a sporting event without being bombarded by alcohol commercials every 5 mins. So should alcohol be banned? Should alcohol commercials be banned? Are beer/liquor companies responsible for my problem? Nope

One of the first things you learn and accept in rehab/treatment -- if you're actually serious about true sobriety -- is that fixing your problem isn't about changing (or blaming) the world around you. It's about changing yourself. It's not what other people do, it's what you do
Vintage 'well I did it so everyone else should be able to do it' attitude.

Is alcohol the same thing as opioids? Have you been addicted to prescription pills? Is alcohol addiction spreading like wildfire across the country like fentanyl addiction is?

The marketing of alcohol is greatly monitored and has changed over the years to make sure it doesnt entice children. Big tobacco has faced huge class action lawsuits and have beem forced to write explicitly the potential dangers on the packaging. These huge industries have sold harmful products while purposely hiding those harms and have had to face consequences for that. I never said these prescription drugs should be banned, I said the companies who made these drugs and mass market them and did so irrepsonsibly, too often hiding the negative side effects of their products and they should be held accountable.

And this isnt about addicts blaming the world, it's about taking action to curb the further proliferation of new addicts. There are 14 year old kids across the country who get passed a percocet at a party and end up becoming addicts. The companies who made those drugs and made their use so widespread bear much of that responsibility.

It's embarrassing that this it the type of attitude being raised these days. Nothing is your fault, there's always a reason and someone else to blame. I've taken prescription pain killers for years. You know what I did when I thought maybe I was becoming dependent on them. I QUIT FUCKING TAKING THEM. I talked to my Dr and got something else.
It's all based on choices, starting with the people we associate ourselves with.
You're not an addict, GOOD FOR FUCKING YOU! Im sure youre very proud of yourself for this monumental achievement and by all means, keep using that to think addicts are less than you are. I bet you think people with mental illness and depression are just "weak pussies" too.

I have no clue how anyone could even begin to try to argue that there is not an issue with overprescribing and availability of pain killers in the US. America consumes 80% of the global opioid supply and has a ridiculous # of overdose deaths. It's undoubtedly an issue.

You're not an addict, GOOD FOR FUCKING YOU! Im sure youre very proud of yourself for this monumental achievement and by all means, keep using that to think addicts are less than you are. I bet you think people with mental illness and depression are just "weak pussies" too.
Comparing people with mental illness and depression with idiots that take too many pain pills. Classy.

What exactly did Tiger do wrong?

Anyone who has done long distance driving frequently , pulls over and takes a snooze if they are sleepy. I have done long drives quite frequently , and when I am drowsy I pull over into a rest-stop or take an exit and snooze for awhile. This is normal for folks who drive long distance.

Vintage 'well I did it so everyone else should be able to do it' attitude.

Is alcohol the same thing as opioids? Have you been addicted to prescription pills? Is alcohol addiction spreading like wildfire across the country like fentanyl addiction is?

The marketing of alcohol is greatly monitored and has changed over the years to make sure it doesnt entice children. Big tobacco has faced huge class action lawsuits and have beem forced to write explicitly the potential dangers on the packaging. These huge industries have sold harmful products while purposely hiding those harms and have had to face consequences for that. I never said these prescription drugs should be banned, I said the companies who made these drugs and mass market them and did so irrepsonsibly, too often hiding the negative side effects of their products and they should be held accountable.
Can you post an opiate ad that targets children? I'd be interested to see this

And are you really comparing opiate addiction to the global scourge of alcoholism?

And this isnt about addicts blaming the world, it's about taking action to curb the further proliferation of new addicts. There are 14 year old kids across the country who get passed a percocet at a party and end up becoming addicts. The companies who made those drugs and made their use so widespread bear much of that responsibility.

This is insane. So pharmaceutical companies are to blame for manufacturing medications that many people need because some kids will illegally get their hands on them. Pharmaceutical companies can't prescribe narcotics. I've already mentioned it but I'll bring it up again because you don't seem to understand that there's a link in the chain of causation here that you're completely missing.

Back