Thurman said he would murk Cotto

Well, to give the benefit of the doubt here. Thurman was the first to ever finish Collazo who has been there with the best of the best. Sure it was a retirement but his exact words responding to the doctor checking the cuts "I cant see, I cant do anything if I cant see".
Well, he's young, undefeated, with a more than decent resume so far. I expect it was a learning experience, and would love to see his next fight.

On the face of it that's not a fight Thurman wants to be taking just yet. I'm not as low on Thurman as some people, but he has yet to show me anything to think that he can beat Cotto.

Well, to give the benefit of the doubt here. Thurman was the first to ever finish Collazo who has been there with the best of the best.
I wouldnt' say Collazo has been in there with the best of the best. He fought Andre Berto, Victor Ortiz, and Amir Khan. Amir Khan beat his ass pretty bad, and had like 3 knockdowns. Amir handled him much more thoroughly and convincingly than Thurman, I thought.
On the face of it that's not a fight Thurman wants to be taking just yet. I'm not as low on Thurman as some people, but he has yet to show me anything to think that he can beat Cotto.

I think Keith's power was greatly overrated early on. He hasn't shown the same knock out power against better competition. He's just a good puncher, not special. But what concerns me more about him is that he's pretty easy to hit. He's been a bit roughed up by Guerrero, feather dusted Bundu, and Collazo. That's not a good sign if you plan on fighting Cotto.

I wouldnt' say Collazo has been in there with the best of the best. He fought Andre Berto, Victor Ortiz, and Amir Khan. Amir Khan beat his ass pretty bad, and had like 3 knockdowns. Amir handled him much more thoroughly and convincingly than Thurman, I thought.
Collazo walked Amir down with his hands down, while Amir ran and holded him the time

According to Jeremy Botter PBC tried to book MGM grand on March 5 but lost it to the UFC.

According to Jeremy Botter PBC tried to book MGM grand on March 5 but lost it to the UFC.
Neither fighter has the fan base to justify the MGM anyway.

I think Keith's power was greatly overrated early on. He hasn't shown the same knock out power against better competition. He's just a good puncher, not special. But what concerns me more about him is that he's pretty easy to hit. He's been a bit roughed up by Guerrero, feather dusted Bundu, and Collazo. That's not a good sign if you plan on fighting Cotto.
What's the matter, Nac? Suddenly former p4p top 10 ranked Sugar Shane and Hitman Hatton arent filling ur eye site?

What's the matter, Nac? Suddenly former p4p top 10 ranked Sugar Shane and Hitman Hatton arent filling ur eye site?
Yeah you're right, that's going back like a decade though. I was thinking more recent history. I didn't even remember his fight with Mosley.

Last edited:
Thurman would be a good fight for Cotto to go out on.

Pretty sure Thurman was knocked down and rocked badly by old ass worn down Collazo.

Cotto by lefthook to the liver with the quickness.

Pretty sure Thurman was knocked down and rocked badly by old ass worn down Collazo.

Cotto by lefthook to the liver with the quickness.
Thurman didn't touch the canvas. I don't know how he didn't to this day, but he stayed up.

I think if colazo can damn near finish Thurman with a body shot, cotton will demolish him.. That said, thurmans workrste would make things interesting... They need to change his name from one time to "a bunch of times"

I think if colazo can damn near finish Thurman with a body shot, cotton will demolish him.. That said, thurmans workrste would make things interesting... They need to change his name from one time to "a bunch of times"

? Never been impressed with his work rate

Thurman has a great workrate... 817 punches vs. Zaveck for example.. 348 in 7 rounds against Callozo.. if he can't knock you out, he does try to outwork you.. and as he moves up, that's going to be his only real advantage..workrate

Thurman has a great workrate... 817 punches vs. Zaveck for example.. 348 in 7 rounds against Callozo.. if he can't knock you out, he does try to outwork you.. and as he moves up, that's going to be his only real advantage..workrate

800 punches isn't that much vs someone who isn't doing much back, and should be knocked out.

350 in 7 is like 50 a round. That isnt that amazing.

Workrate is workrate..no matter the opponent... the fact that Zaveck withstood more than most says something in his favor...

800 punches isn't that much vs someone who isn't doing much back, and should be knocked out.

350 in 7 is like 50 a round. That isnt that amazing.

On it's own, it's just okay.. but when you consider that he was hurt and basically running to avoid getting ko'd for one of those rounds, it's a bit more impressive..and when you contrast it with other fighters in the division, he still displays a higher workrate.. I just named two fighters.. he displayed a higher than normal workrate in most of his fights that lasted more than a few rounds...

Back