Thurman said he would murk Cotto

Why not? Keith isn't a better boxer and I don't think that's up for debate. IF he were to win it would be because of his youth and his explosiveness, still heading into his prime years, over an old Cotto. Not saying he wouldn't deserve credit, because Cotto is still very good. But Keith has never had to deal with a fighter with a jab as good as Cotto's is and he has also shown to be vulnerable to the body which is Cotto's bread and butter .

Why not? Keith isn't a better boxer and I don't think that's up for debate. IF he were to win it would be because of his youth and his explosiveness, still heading into his prime years, over an old Cotto. Not saying he wouldn't deserve credit, because Cotto is still very good. But Keith has never had to deal with a fighter with a jab as good as Cotto's is and he has also shown to be vulnerable to the body which is Cotto's bread and butter .
Cotto has looked good in this sort of resurgence run of his, but at this point i think Thurman beats him. In his prime i would have favored Cotto, but right now its Keef all the way. Keef has been fighting the best of the best at WW that are on Showtime,for the past few years. Garcia, Porter, Guerrero, Chaves. I just think at this point Keef is to young and strong

Cotto has looked good in this sort of resurgence run of his, but at this point i think Thurman beats him. In his prime i would have favored Cotto, but right now its Keef all the way. Keef has been fighting the best of the best at WW that are on Showtime,for the past few years. Garcia, Porter, Guerrero, Chaves. I just think at this point Keef is to young and strong
None of them come remotely close to Cotto though.

Back