Thurman said he would murk Cotto

After the Thurman/Porter fight, I have no doubt that Thurman would murk Cotto at 147.

The only thing Im worried about is Thurman's glass body

I think predicting an easy fight for either is way off. I could imagine keef getting a late stoppage though, I think he's gone from overrated to underrated pretty quick.

I still think Cotto is another level. Keith didn't really impress me. He handles pressure by running and waiting till the opponent lets up to throw back. It's amateurish.

Thurman had problems with porter pressuring him so I have no doubt that a mauling/pressing Cotto would lay out thurman with his left hook (a young cotto cause he cant get under 150 anymore). I'd like to see this fight actually, Cotto needs one more fight and Thurman can make 150 for a catchweight.

Keith Thurman hasn't murked anyone since Soto Karass...

Although Portal missed 123 punches more than Keef.
Sean still landed 1 more strike than he Uma did.
Take that for whatever it's worth.

It's a good fight & one that Cotto won't be willing to take. Cotto is the better boxer but Keith has the youth & strength on his side. Good fight.

It's a good fight & one that Cotto won't be willing to take. Cotto is the better boxer but Keith has the youth & strength on his side. Good fight.
I don't think Thurman has the fight IQ to handle Cotto's jab and educated footwork, given how much Porter's jab and bullrushing troubled him. Cotto still has the juice to beat Thurman pretty bad.

Cotto would both box Thurman's ears off, or maul him and get a KO if he chose to bang.

Because Cotto is known for avoiding difficult opponents?

Because Cotto is known for avoiding difficult opponents?
It's a low reward opponent, & I expect Cotto may look for a less dangerous guy since this may be his last fight.

It's a low reward opponent, & I expect Cotto may look for a less dangerous guy since this may be his last fight.
Based on the fact that you wouldn't fight anyone that cotto has fought?

Low reward as in? Maybe to a casual fan but nothing promotion can't fix. Hardcore fight fans would watch and It's good for Cotto cause Thurman is riding on the Hype/High from the Porter fight still. Thats one of the best low risk options for Cotto other than Bradley. Maybe you could actually add to the convo on who he should fight?

Last edited:
Disagree. Thurmans right at the top of the young pack.

No respect for Thurman on here.
I think I could make some cash on this fight if Thurman is a big dog.
Cotto is one of my all time favorites and I would love this fight.

I love when Paulie gets emotional and his voice starts getting high pitched and squeaky.

Even with all of the differences on this forum, I'm glad we can agree that QB is the canniest poster of all. I'm not convinced he's not Sinisters alt; Sins just giving us something we can all rally around, and poke at together.
"CANNIEST" is probably the funniest thing I've heard all week! I'm in tears right now. Nice description!

Keef has managed to make every boxing enthusiast hate him. Cotto rolls through this guy with no problem.

"CANNIEST" is probably the funniest thing I've heard all week! I'm in tears right now. Nice description!

Keef has managed to make every boxing enthusiast hate him. Cotto rolls through this guy with no problem.
I don't hate Keef. In fact, he has a great personality on TV the way he talks and addresses himself in interviews.

Back