Three great reasons why Conor SHOULD NOT fight Jose Aldo

I'm not 100% sure. I just find it funny how both he and rda both did almost the same exact thing. both pulled out with like 10 or so days till fight time. That has to raised a few eyebrows..

Maybe. But to make accusations without proof is kinda lame

Jose defended the belt 7 times against the who's who of the division. I don't think he'd be scared of anyone.

And I wouldn't accuse him, unless I had solid proof. Not internet speculation.

Lol, he and his followers are scared shitless of Aldo.

Not really, no. I just don't think conor cares to fight aldo again. how do you get up for the guy you ko'd in 13 seconds. A fight that was built up for over a year doing to a world wide tour, to only have aldo pull out with a bogus injury. I also think conor has had with late replacement fights. As he should.. He wants to fight someone that's going to show up the first time it's booked. Not the 2nd time...
Aldo deserves it and it doesn't matter if Conor can't get pumped up. He's the champion and he's got to defend his title

4) He has to do all the work to sell the fight.

He should just give up the belt and keep the fight in his back pocket as an escape route from 155. Aldo will always have to fight him if he comes back down anyway.

And you gotta love the people acting like they would even give a shit about 145 if Conor never showed up. Pretending Aldo wasn't Mighty Mouse with no English.

Good points.

Aldo always was a horrible draw.

At least Mighty Mouse shows up to all his fights.... not Aldo! lol

People always bring up the 13 seconds defense, but that was a much less telling ending than Conor/Diaz 1 but we had a rematch of that

Lots of threads about whether or not McGregor should go back down to 145 and rematch Aldo. I'll give you three good reasons why he shouldn't do it.

1) The weight cut. There's no way he's going from the freedom of not having to cut weight for 2 fights to 145, where he's going to have to kill himself to make weight because he's packed on some solid muscle within the last year.

2) It's not worth it. How do you sell a fight against a guy you iced in 13 seconds? And how do you outdo your last performance? It was absolutely perfect. It means more for his legacy to go up and try to become a 2-division world champ against Alvarez.

3) There's a STRONG possibility Aldo does not show up on fight night. We're talking about a guy who's dropped out of 6-7 or more fights already. We're talking about a guy who has already dropped out of one fight with McGregor and refused another. So if you look at it that way, Conor has only a 33% success rate in actually getting Aldo to show up and fight him. So if you're Conor McGregor, why spend 300k on a training camp when you're fighting a man who will probably end up dropping out anyway? Then you've wasted valuable time and resources that could have been put towards fighting a guy who will actually show up.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I 100% agree that he should drop the belt. He should not be allowed to take another non-145 fight and hold the 145 title.

If Conor signs the Aldo fight, all top 5 FW will start a camp in case they get the call.

4. He knows the first fight was a fluke and, after losing to Diaz and then BARELY beating Diaz, he is scared what a loss to Aldo would do to his 'legacy'

Fluke?

"If I just go 'huh' (feints'), he will react a million times too much," McGregor explained. "That's how I see the fight playing out. I see him over reacting, over extending, then KO'd unconscious."

I wanna see some stipulations made if conor ever did fight aldo. Like, no pulling out no matter what. regardless of injury. Train smart and don't get injured. simple. How often does tom brady get injured during training camp? Very very rarely. Maybe in an actual game, but never in training. aldo needs to learn to train correctly and stop pulling out.

Large fines for fighters that do this. Fine them $10 grand or more if they pull out within 4 weeks of the fight. That will cut back on that mess.
Regardless of injury? How have you been on this forum since 2007 and not understand that fighters have to be medically cleared to fight?

Tom Brady? He's a football player. He trains for football games, not MMA fights. Hell of a non sequitur.

If he's not going to defend the belt, he's a moron for carrying it around for a year.

I also think it's a cheap way to get two belts. He never had to defend one belt and he didn't earn the right to fight for another going 1-1 vs Diaz.

Conor fans need to get his nuts out your mouth.

The UFC will be just fine without Conor.

No one fighter is bigger than the organization.
Considering none of their recent PPVs (with the exception of UFC 200) cant even break 400K buys without Conor or Ronda, I disagree.

I agree. Drop the 145 belt and fight at 155. If Aldo eventually wants a rematch make him go to 155. That would be hilarious.

If Dana is keen to have an Interm LHW title fight despite a healthy champ seems like an opening the door of a Holloway Aldo fight with some spin that Connor will fight Eddie then the winner in Febuary or March.

The tough talk from Dana about him giving up the belt is cute and all but if Connor says I can do MSG @155 or I need more time for 145 I can see him getting his way.

Fuck all those reasons.

Fight Aldo. Or drop the belt. Simple as that.

I agree. He should just drop the belt like he did Aldo. We all know he's unbeatable at that weight and I want to see him in real fights, not just playing with foes like Aldo.

That's why I can't take most Conor fans seriously.

Fuck all those reasons.

Fight Aldo. Or drop the belt. Simple as that.
dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Isn't this like your third thread about the same subject?

You really don't want Colin to fight Aldo.

:>

Lots of threads about whether or not McGregor should go back down to 145 and rematch Aldo. I'll give you three good reasons why he shouldn't do it.

1) The weight cut. There's no way he's going from the freedom of not having to cut weight for 2 fights to 145, where he's going to have to kill himself to make weight because he's packed on some solid muscle within the last year.

2) It's not worth it. How do you sell a fight against a guy you iced in 13 seconds? And how do you outdo your last performance? It was absolutely perfect. It means more for his legacy to go up and try to become a 2-division world champ against Alvarez.

3) There's a STRONG possibility Aldo does not show up on fight night. We're talking about a guy who's dropped out of 6-7 or more fights already. We're talking about a guy who has already dropped out of one fight with McGregor and refused another. So if you look at it that way, Conor has only a 33% success rate in actually getting Aldo to show up and fight him. So if you're Conor McGregor, why spend 300k on a training camp when you're fighting a man who will probably end up dropping out anyway? Then you've wasted valuable time and resources that could have been put towards fighting a guy who will actually show up.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I 100% agree that he should drop the belt. He should not be allowed to take another non-145 fight and hold the 145 title.

What about the great reason that Aldo is Interim Champ at 145 and Conor is Champ at 145?

Nate has fought at ww before. conor only has like 3 fights at LW. Whether people say conor is "really" a lw or not, he has never missed weight. He has fought 99% of all his fights at FW...I could understand if he missed weight, like rumble used to. But when you always make weight, that's his division..
You don't get it. Nate was partying in Cabo, letting himself go. Understandably, he could not make 155 on short notice. Conor fought a bloated Nate at 170. Conor then insisted on 170 in the rematch. Conor never went up. He just did not want to go down.

Everybody knows that Conor looks like a corpse at 145. Nate never looks like a corpse at 155. Conor never had any issues nearly killing himself before. Clearly this is a case of not wanting, rather than not being able.

Back