This is absurd, how long are they going to let a healthy champion sit on the belt?

They should strip him of the belt if he isn't defending it and fighting in other weight classes.
Its a hard sell, because the UFC are the ones booking "his" fights.
Its not like he is an independent contractor in a real sense.
Now if they tell him he has to defend the belt and he refuses, by all means they should strip him.
UFC is complicit in the whole fw title debacle.

If Frankie defeats Aldo, UFC is going to have a deserving contender. Then Conor will either have to give up or defend the belt.

As for the original question, Overeem did not defend his Strikeforce belt for over 2.5 years fighting in other promotions.

They should strip him of the belt if he isn't defending it and fighting in other weight classes.

For sure. This was true for me the moment Conor/Nate 2 was announced, then became more true when it was "unannounced," then became more true when this boxing shit came up. Going for the 2 belts at once would have been fine, but it all got stupid fast.

Dana said just a few weeks ago that his next fight must be a title defense or be stripped. Dana then proceeded to meet with Conor and Nate about a worthless rematch lol. Oh Dana....

image.jpeg

McGregor couldn't have made the cut to 145 by UFC 200. He needed time to slim back down, but couldn't get away with just not fighting on the card without a good reason. Coincidentally, now he has all the time he needs.

His next fight will be the Aldo/Edgar winner.

Aldo and Edger still fighting for the interim belt is absurd! Has there ever been a situation were a fighter simply would rather do other shit than defend the belt and the promotion was on board with it?

An interim belt so the champ can fight without risking his belt???

For sure. This was true for me the moment Conor/Nate 2 was announced, then became more true when it was "unannounced," then became more true when this boxing shit came up. Going for the 2 belts at once would have been fine, but it all got stupid fast.
The thing is he is not going for 2 belts at once anymore,how in the hell they(ZUFFA)can spin a reasonable argument for him fighting against the LW champion when he cant even beat a LW challenger?!?
And even IF he beats Nate in a rematch try to give him a "instatittle" match would be stupid as fuck!

We need to get over these thoughts. This
If Frankie defeats Aldo, UFC is going to have a deserving contender. Then Conor will either have to give up or defend the belt.

As for the original question, Overeem did not defend his Strikeforce belt for over 2.5 years fighting in other promotions.

see what happened to strikeforce

Aldo and Edger still fighting for the interim belt is absurd!Has there ever been a situation were a fighter simply would rather do other shit than defend the belt and the promotion was on board with it?

An interim belt so the champ can fight without risking his belt???

How long did Anderson Silva wait between middle weight fights when he was fighting LHWs?

People crying about a piece of metal. MMA is about fighting. Conor fights all the time, and his fights are awesome, win or lose. The Diaz fight was awesome. The rematch will be awesome. Meanwhile Frankie vs. Aldo II is happening, and will be great.

Everything will work itself out. Everyone will watch. And yet, some will cry all the way through it. Not a great way to go through life, imho.

LOL he should defend that belt asap.. He's a fucking caricature of a champ. Literally.

Lol excuses for the Aldo fight? It's Conor's fault that Aldo got himself KO'd in 13 seconds? What a joke.

It was a fight. Aldo is the one who couldn't go past the 13 second mark of it.

Jose Aldo is 0-1 in his LW career. So don't know how fighting up a division and coming up short makes Conor look worse than him.

Do you ever get bored with defending Mctapp? For years now you are doing it....

Well they definitely will not strip him he will lose it the good old fashion way "ass whooping" after that up to LW then just feed him a murderer's row of fighters, no more red carpet fighters...

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif
red carpet fighters like aldo and mendes
im done

Its likely less than "letting" Conor sit on it and more wanting to keep him champion to try and keep a hold on him, if they strip him then that likely strengthens any legal challenge he might make.

I've wanted to see Aldo vs. Frankie 2 for a while and it is essentially for the real title so I'm not complaining. I'd be surprised if Conor goes back to 145, that death cut isn't worth it. People who make the company that much money are always gonna get special treatment though, which I think is earned to an extent.

Back