This is absurd, how long are they going to let a healthy champion sit on the belt?

Conor's last fight was in early march. He's off the 200 card for a while now. Aldo vs Edgar II has been set for a while now. We've got fucking amazing fights and cards coming up real soon. And yet you people seem to find it impossible to STFU about Conor. And that my friends is why Conor gets paid, and that my friends is why Conor gets special treatment.

Yep the Conor phenomenon is pathetic

Ufc pathetic for letting it happen
Conor pathetic for not defending belt

Worst champ ever

Poor fw division held hostage

Only an idiot would accept a non title fight rematch against a guy he lost belt to.

You are right and I agree with you completely, but this is what Aldo said:

"So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere."

http://mmafrenzy.com/129312/jose-aldo-says-hell-fight-conor-mcgregor-anytime-anywhere-even-belt/

That is why I said that Aldo's rep took a big hit when he didn't accept the fight. If you are going to talk shit like that, then you should damn well back it up when the fight is offered.

red carpet fighters like aldo and mendes
im done

Mendes 2 week camp, Aldo mind f*ked during press tour but I'll give you that because Aldo had a full camp and little excuse for his performance. OK, eliminate 1 fighter from the red carpet run.

1jvs5g.jpg

I'd be in favor of anyone that has ever posted that picture being banned. They certainly never say anything worth reading.

That doesn't mean fans shouldn't let their displeasure be known. This is the most ridiculous situation I've ever seen. I would think that the big 3 at Zuffa have to be hearing about people being pissed off.

That 200 debacle was what pushed it over the edge for alot of people. I think now that Conor simply has to vacate. It boggles my mind that Zuffa has let this go on this long. It's time for everyone to do the right thing. Conor is the least worthy champ in Zuffa history. I'd like to see this happen before 200. Make that fight the official FW title fight. But I get the feeling they will let Conor keep it until this stupid rematch is out of the way. For marketing purposes of course.
Hey man I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it's Chinatown, Jake.

Is this really more ridiculous than Lesnar fighting Couture after being 1-1? Or Gustafsson fighting Cormier after being 1-1 and being a year removed from his last win? Or Mcgregor scheduled to Aldo after beating Siver or scheduled to fight RDA after 0 LW fights? Or Nick Diaz fighting GSP after losing to Condit and being suspended?

The UFC caters to the casuals and not to us. We are watching anyway (sad to say).

the answer is as long as they fuckin feel like it,its their belt

People crying about a piece of metal. MMA is about fighting. Conor fights all the time, and his fights are awesome, win or lose. The Diaz fight was awesome. The rematch will be awesome. Meanwhile Frankie vs. Aldo II is happening, and will be great.

Everything will work itself out. Everyone will watch. And yet, some will cry all the way through it. Not a great way to go through life, imho.
Funny thing is, they will paint it like it's about integrity of the sport and athletic competition. Yet at the end of the day, these people are all triggered by the shit that Conor says, not by what he does in the cage.

You are right and I agree with you completely, but this is what Aldo said:

"So I wanted to make something clear to the UFC: for everything that I’ve done, everything I’ve accepted, and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot. My only exception would be fighting Conor McGregor. At any time, anywhere, and since he is scared and knows that I’m gonna win… It doesn’t even have to be title fight against him. You can keep my belt. What I want is to whoop your ass. Again: any time, anywhere."

http://mmafrenzy.com/129312/jose-aldo-says-hell-fight-conor-mcgregor-anytime-anywhere-even-belt/

That is why I said that Aldo's rep took a big hit when he didn't accept the fight. If you are going to talk shit like that, then you should damn well back it up when the fight is offered.
How old are you? Do you really want to hold everything a fighter says while talking shit against them? I'll fight him anytime anywhere is like the most cliche thing for a fighter to ever say and you expect them to hold to their word and fuck up their career just so some goof on the internet can be happy?

I must be daft, but I have to ask. Why do people say that Conor can't make 145 again?

Aldo and Edger still fighting for the interim belt is absurd! Has there ever been a situation were a fighter simply would rather do other shit than defend the belt and the promotion was on board with it

An interim belt so the champ can fight without risking his belt???

Just answer me two questions TS.

As a precursor there is a tried and true policy that has been used in other combat sports for many years called "mandatory title defense time frame". The duration of said time frame varies from one sport/ organization to another, but the premise again has proven tried and true. This combat sport policy surrounding the frequency of title defenses was established and fully in place at the time that Zuffa bought the UFC.

Now the questions that I ask you TS.
- Do you truly believe that it was simply an oversight on the Zuffa/ UFC executives part that some frequency for mandatory title defenses was not elected?
- Do you truly believe that the Zuffa/ UFC executives considered the issue around the time of the purchase and decided NOT to employ the policy being used in other combat spots to determine the minimum frequency of title defenses of the UFC belts?

I personally firmly believe the two answers are No and Yes respectively.

It was no accident. Zuffa and the UFC brass elected to go with the mickey mouse whatever we say method of title defense management to allow themselves maximum flexibility in handling title shots and frequency of title defenses!

Well....according to Maywether...Conor is about to make 50-100 Million. Dont think he cares about Edgar or Aldo.

If Bisping upsets Rockhold, I expect to see Anderson vs Bisping 2 for the belt. UFC is about making money.

He knocked out aldo in 13 seconds 5 months ago.

Back